PM infested smoke

• Thread starter HannaMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HannaMan

Hey everyone.

This may sound really a bit insane...but I wanted to get everyones opinions on smoking weed that had powdery mildew.

I'm sure there is plenty of medicine going around the states in which had or has PM. Its just something that happens to come around in this precious hobby, and making of this natural medicine. Unfortunately I believe once PM arrives, its no longer MEDICINE.

Lately I've ran out of smoke and had to resort to weed that I know had hints of PM here and there on it. Obviously I tried my best to avoid it, but I think i would be foolish to say I hadn't smoked any during this time.

To be honest, lately I've felt like BLAH. I think part of this has to do with personal reasons while some of it has to do with the crap I've been smoking. I've even been to question my enjoyment for this lovely herb that I've loved my entire life, and i'm just beginning to realize it might be what i'm smoking.

Does anyone have any experiences smoking PM? How did it make you feel? What are the awful side effects it has on your body (im not sure I even want to know).

Take pre-cautionaries everybody.. I know this shit can be very easily avoided.

M

moodster

we all has probly smoked sum at sum stage but didnt know

Reactions: Ina
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i had some Cindy last year had pm really bad when i cut and trimmed i sprayed them down with a light greencure mix and when they dried it was gone and no one noticed the taste even the people that helped trim. you could take a pan or pale whatever fill it with a gallon of water and half tsp of green cure then have a clean bucket with just water for the rinse. put the buds or bud at a time in the 1st bucket shake it around then put it in the next bucket move it around. put them on a screen with a fan blowing under then and above them to dry.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i would like to add to only do a bud or 2 1st see how it comes out before you dump your whole stash in there.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I just got PM for the first time, a few plants like my larry and a few other got it pretty good. Not sure how I'm going to tackle this crap and get rid of it. Plus I have a ton of smoke I'm going to have to trash. Do I need to take down my dry wall and everything? I know its all in my lights and what not and all that stuff needs to get washed down

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I was reduced to smoking some contaminated buds a while back, and they made me cough worse than usual. I used them to make butter instead of smoking them.

Sulphur burners work awesome, along with GreenCure (potassium bicarbonate). Anything that changes the pH of the leaf surface will help control it, but unfortunately, it is truly difficult to eradicate completely. I haven't seen any signs of it for about a year now, but i use preventive measures cuz I know that beast is lurking. Bleach will disinfect your room for sure, but may kill your plants, too. I hear that rubbing alcohol will kill the stuff and not harm your plants, but I don't know the mix and would recommend a test plant before you try it on your entire crop. I wouldn't spray a solvent on my bloomers, either...duh... LOL Good luck, Skunk!

Z

Zissou Intern

BUMP
skunk any update on what you did???

where can i get a sulfur burner online??/ anywhere?

D

DrGreenGenes

SULFUR BURNER

Sorry you have to order one of these my friend.... sad day.
ugh

M

moodster

im spraying mine with dutch masters penetrator and zone seems to be keeping it at bay i cant run a sulfur burner as i only grow in a tent

D

DrGreenGenes

Smoking PM will mostly likely give you a lung & sinus/glandular infection called Pleurisy (possibly other infections). Someone with a healthy immune system will be able to fight off Pleurisy pretty easily, but someone with an immuno-deficiency could possibly find Pleurisy being the last infection their body attempts to fight. Losing the battle. I wouldn't wana get my patients any sicker....would you?:confused0059:

D

DrGreenGenes

Eagle20 still doesn't kill it off systemically.... It wishes it could.

PM NEVER GOES AWAY PERIOD. THROW AWAY YOUR PLANTS, CLEAN YOUR EQUIPMENT WITH EAGLE20....SCRAPE THE PAINT ON YOUR WALLS, REPLACE THE FLOORING, REPAINT WITH KILS PRIMER.... PM NEVER GOES AWAY

S

skindeep35

I remember when I was like 14 ( a juvenile delinquent pothead) and my buddy BURIED some weed in his backyard to hide it from his mom... a week or so later ...it was completely covered in powdery mildew... we thought it meant the weed got better and smoked all of it like it was the fire ....lol...

i dont believe it is that harmful to smoke but it just still cant be good for u? fungi in the lungs ? idk....but its funny to look back on that :) we were dumb asses ...lol

D

DrGreenGenes

I remember when I was like 14 ( a juvenile delinquent pothead) and my buddy BURIED some weed in his backyard to hide it from his mom... a week or so later ...it was completely covered in powdery mildew... we thought it meant the weed got better and smoked all of it like it was the fire ....lol...

i dont believe it is that harmful to smoke but it just still cant be good for u? fungi in the lungs ? idk....but its funny to look back on that :) we were dumb asses ...lol

That was actually mold....powdery mildew and mold are two different things....similar, but different. Powdery mildew is MUCH more airborne than most mold or mildew strains. One PM spore can fly in, land on a leaf....from there it stems into the plant and lives within the system of the of the plant. It is a SYSTEMIC DISEASE.

The weed you buried in the backyard was moist I assume.

:bubblez:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter

PM NEVER GOES AWAY PERIOD. THROW AWAY YOUR PLANTS, CLEAN YOUR EQUIPMENT WITH EAGLE20....SCRAPE THE PAINT ON YOUR WALLS, REPLACE THE FLOORING, REPAINT WITH KILS PRIMER.... PM NEVER GOES AWAY

sorry but your wrong

I tested it on some clones that I vegged in a tent, waited 45 days and took cuts that I gave to a friend. I let the strain go as I was worried about the pm coming back. He is almost through with his third run and still pm free.

after the run where the pm showed up I fogged my room with an anti fungal bomb, tore everything down, bombed a second time, washed everything down with physan 20 before it went back in the room and bought all new fans and a new carbon filter. my room is still PM free and its almost a year now.

M

moodster

Smoking PM will mostly likely give you a lung & sinus/glandular infection called Pleurisy (possibly other infections). Someone with a healthy immune system will be able to fight off Pleurisy pretty easily, but someone with an immuno-deficiency could possibly find Pleurisy being the last infection their body attempts to fight. Losing the battle. I wouldn't wana get my patients any sicker....would you?:confused0059:

thats why im using the zone and penetrator and its working as for you can never get rid of pm high temps over 100 will kill the pm but what do i know :boogie:

Z

Zissou Intern

anyways about the end user not the grower.....

yeah man i smoked some nug that had PM on it about a month ago.

three days later i was sick as all hell. ended up going to the ER and they gave me a chest x ray. told me i had bronchitis.

i knew that was bullshit seeing as i wasnt getting gross mucus but BLOODY hacks with no mucus.

turned out i had an infection in my lungs. gave me some antibiotics and sent me on my way.

i still feel like its hard to breathe a little, i've kept the smoking to the vape... my throat and lungs feel better but man i'd like to feel 100% again haha its been too long.

i dont know if it was due to the PM infested smoke or not... but seeing as it happened THE DAY IF NOT THE DAY AFTER i smoked it what could i do.

bums me out too it was some killer OG. dont know what cut, from the look and lemony pine sol smell i'd guess some tahoe or some cross.... but that kinda put a bad taste in my mouth for lemon smellers for a minute...

D

DrGreenGenes

sorry but your wrong

I tested it on some clones that I vegged in a tent, waited 45 days and took cuts that I gave to a friend. I let the strain go as I was worried about the pm coming back. He is almost through with his third run and still pm free.

after the run where the pm showed up I fogged my room with an anti fungal bomb, tore everything down, bombed a second time, washed everything down with physan 20 before it went back in the room and bought all new fans and a new carbon filter. my room is still PM free and its almost a year now.

You are lucky......It's a 1 in a 1,000,000 chance that I am not gona take.... nice job on the clean out... Glad to hear about the pm free room... :winking0067:

D

DrGreenGenes

OK, OK, OK...... I get a little uppity and nutzo about pm. The shit is not joke. I was private msg-ed by a fellow who was too lazy to post what is the truth about pm.... It can be handled, I have seen it eradicated too. BUT, 90% of the time, it's really difficult to get all the pm spores cleaned from the room, equip, fans etc... therefore, the eradication efforts which are made end up being in vain. (I would never smoke meds that have been treated with Eagle20/Mildew Cure etc... Not sure about anyone else, but I only use meds that have never been sprayed...EVER). SO, my point was, when I see mildew. I trash my plants. Period. You do what you gota do. I guess I allowed the opening for a bad rep on this thread......but I openly accept whatever. I still stand with the fact that when ya see PM.....trash your plants. But, if you have no copies of your genetics anywhere and you can't trash your plants, than do what you gota.... I guess PM only colonizes with the 1st layer of cells on the plant, so it can be eradicated.

I stand medicated and corrected. But I still stand my ground.

:cool0044:

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Very Commendable

I have had PM in the past and got rid of it myself. I learned a trick from CAPO use silica when feeding your plants, helps in many ways. Smoking that shit is for the young

mal

Latest posts

Top Bottom