Pnw Outdoor Grow 2018

• Thread starter OldManRiver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wishbone

Wishbone

Got a little rain last night. I have some tying up to do. Time to feed again, and I'll be dosing with actinovate today to fight rot.

The Heavy Fire girls appear to be budding more quickly than the control group.

Have you used Actinovate before? Looking at some PM/mold solutions for my girls as well and was considering milk, isopropyl or H2O2, but if that is a better solution I’m interested.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Have you used Actinovate before? Looking at some PM/mold solutions for my girls as well and was considering milk, isopropyl or H2O2, but if that is a better solution I’m interested.
I have not. It looks like a good preventative solution for bud rot, but this is my first use. It's cheap, and seems to be well regarded.

Last edited:
Wishbone

Wishbone

I have not. It looks like a good preventative solution for bud rot, but this is my first use. It's cheap, and seems to be well regarded.

I hadn’t heard of it til you mentioned it, but my subsequent research is leading me to want to give it a try. Thanks for the plug lol.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I hadn’t heard of it til you mentioned it, but my subsequent research is leading me to want to give it a try. Thanks for the plug lol.
Thank the guy who mentioned it early on in this thread. I hadn't heard of it either, but my web research is very positive. It contains a bacteria which competes with Botyris mold, the nasty that creates budrot. Certainly very safe, we will find out if it's effective.

45North

45North

No iso watered down milk spray works for short term protection H2O2 will kill it now but it may come back. Actinovate is used throughout veg to keep soil spores from forming.
Search your immediate area for broad leaf plants, they will most likely be your source of PM. No more cucumbers pumpkin melons ect in my garden anymore for this reason. It is a battle you can win but it is not a quick fight but a drawn out battle. Stay persistent and on top of it. The spores are airborne so take caution not to disrupt. A damp paper towel to cover affectived area for removal. Double bag and get rid of that junk.
Good luck
45n

Wishbone

Wishbone

No iso watered down milk spray works for short term protection H2O2 will kill it now but it may come back. Actinovate is used throughout veg to keep soil spores from forming.
Search your immediate area for broad leaf plants, they will most likely be your source of PM. No more cucumbers pumpkin melons ect in my garden anymore for this reason. It is a battle you can win but it is not a quick fight but a drawn out battle. Stay persistent and on top of it. The spores are airborne so take caution not to disrupt. A damp paper towel to cover affectived area for removal. Double bag and get rid of that junk.
Good luck
45n

Yep, just pulled my pumpkin patch, it was starting to get infested with pm which made me start looking into solutions ASAP before it spread.

45North

45North

I had an EPIC battle a few years ago involving Strawberry kush with pm. I will never do that strain again. I do a little homework now selecting strains that have pm resistance for my OD selection. I also keep my humidity lower in the tent to avoid an outbreak. Clones from who knows where may have it in the soil so I prefer seeds for ID to keep things sterile.
45n

45North

45North

Still effective this late in flower/no issues using it late into flower?
That stuff is not cheap. Like I said I couldn’t find a neutron bomb that would eradicate it in one blast. I would recommend using it when you transplant to final pot for prevention.
45n

Wishbone

Wishbone

That stuff is not cheap. Like I said I couldn’t find a neutron bomb that would eradicate it in one blast. I would recommend using it when you transplant to final pot for prevention.
45n

I was going to use it preventatively, no signs of any pm or other fungus yet, but started getting some last year as the temps dropped and humidity from cold mornings came up.

Hoptastic

Hoptastic

Yep, just pulled my pumpkin patch, it was starting to get infested with pm which made me start looking into solutions ASAP before it spread.

Luckily PM tends to be extremely host specific. The mildew that attacks pumpkins is unlikely to effect your cannabis. Though, any PM breakout shows that conditions are right for the spores to start sprouting.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Luckily PM tends to be extremely host specific. The mildew that attacks pumpkins is unlikely to effect your cannabis. Though, any PM breakout shows that conditions are right for the spores to start sprouting.

Good info, though I was very surprised to see it in general, it has been pretty dry and warm here in CO for the past few weeks.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I was going to use it preventatively, no signs of any pm or other fungus yet, but started getting some last year as the temps dropped and humidity from cold mornings came up.
That is my strategy. I am spraying now, to create a protective populatation of the streptomyces before the conditions become ripe for bud rot mold.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Here are some shots of the girls, divided by type and fertilizer treatment. I have a conclusion about them, be curious about yours before I state it.

The first two pictures below are white widows, first the control, then the Heavy Fire treated plant.

Second pair is Original glue, first the control, then the treated plant.

Third pair is Chem Dawg, control, then treated.

The plants caught some heavy rain yesterday, had to do some tying up today.

Ww ctl 09122018
Ww hf 09122018
Og ctl 09122018
Og hf 09122018
Cd ctl 09122018
Cd hf 09122018
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Did some further research, Heavy Fire contains indole-3-butyric acid and salicylic acid (the active ingredient in aspirin). The first ingredient is a commonly used rooting hormone. It's also banned in the state of Oregon for failing to disclose this.

Top Bottom