Police shoot dog during misdemeanor marijuana raid

• Thread starter chrometrichs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hclip

Holy shit! The guy has a pipe, some bud and a grinder and SWAT is kicking his door down in the middle of the night? and shooting his dogs? what the hell is going on over there at that police force, bunch a glorified ticket writers playing dress up? my thoughts go out to the family, hope they sue the living hell out of em!

G

greyfx

I hope someone kicks in the officers door at 3am in the morning doing a home invasion and ties them up to a chair and burn them and their belongings to the fucking ground. What a bunch of losers. We do not live in America anymore. We live in a Fascist nation and if you cannot see that you are blind. Over NOTHING. I have read of this happening more than once and imagine what they do when the video tapes aren't rolling. They are busy doing military style raids on grandmaws and poor weak defenseless people. We need names and addresses and we need them yesterday. Why isn't the mainstream media running wide open with this? Because they try to hide the TRUTH.

"Given the state and its actors have demonstrated, repeatedly, the willingness to use evil means against innocents, redirecting the evil against the willingly complicit is a moral good."

"God send that our country may never have a government, which it can feel. This is the perfection of human society." Thomas Jefferson

Lets take back our fucking country.

F

foolsgold

i had to stop after the first shot...holy shit...this is so wrong. i don't even know what to say.

M

MediMary

Columbia, MO Police Dept CALL THEM OUT!

Front Desk 573-874-7652

Investigative Bureau: 573-874-7423

If the dogs were vicious, why didnt they attack when the guy opened the front door?

also if the police were not in the wrong. Why are they currently changing their policy on raids.

I FUCKING HATE COPS.

FUCKING MILITARY STATE

JH420

JH420

Holy shit! The guy has a pipe, some bud and a grinder and SWAT is kicking his door down in the middle of the night? and shooting his dogs? what the hell is going on over there at that police force, bunch a glorified ticket writers playing dress up? my thoughts go out to the family, hope they sue the living hell out of em!

I dont think there was any pot even, just resin in a pipe...either way small amounts of pot are not a criminal offense in Columbia...this raid is getting a lot of press, who knows it may even be the beginning of the end of these kinds of raids.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
most people were like even if the guy had 10 fucking lbs is that really necessary? that shit is so stupid but it happens everyday this is just the 1st caught on tape. the only thing the guy in charge says is "slow it down". if you never been raided then you dont undertand this. this is a reality, what if that kid was scared and in the kitchen hiding next to the trash can or whatever? fucking guns blazing over a non violent crime.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The one thing the police fear the most is having to answer to a citizen oversite commity.Every police dept. and fedral agency should be watched over by privet citizens to keep them in line.They can not be expected to do a proper job of policing there own.

hubcap

hubcap

things that REALLY suck about this:

1) the dog got shot
2) kids and wifey had to witness this crap
3) house was, im sure, trashed, and "SWAT" will have no responsibility to clean it up.
4) said 'anonymous' informant will see NO justice for the problems they have caused.
5) said 'SWAT' and associated LEOs will see NO judicial repercussions from their STUPID actions.

W T F is wrong with these people?????

honestly....i think this law about 'anonymous informants' needs to change. honestly ALOT of this type of shit would be minimized IF the 'anon informant' would face criminal/FEDERAL charges if their tip turns out bogus like the case discussed here.

thoughts?

-cap

lollipopman

lollipopman

i would file for a discovery packet to she who said what, then go beat that mf to the ground..

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Columbia, Missouri Police Chief: “I Hate the Internet”

I believe that feeling is mutual now....

Columbia, Missouri Police Chief: “I Hate the Internet”

Radley Balko
Reason
Friday, May 14th, 2010

Columbia, Missouri Police Chief Ken Burton is apparently frustrated. At another press conference yesterday, a reporter asked the chief what he has learned from the international attention generated by the YouTube video of his department’s SWAT team conducting a drug raid last February.

His reply: “I hate the Internet.”

I’ll bet he does. For two-and-a-half months, Burton and his department were quiet about the raid. That’s likely because, as I wrote yesterday, the raid was really no different from the tens of thousands of similar raids conducted every year, and that are probably conducted by his own department a couple of times per week. Within days of the video hitting the web, Burton was forced to hold several press conferences, and has now laid out several reforms to the way SWAT raids will be conducted in Columbia in the future. I suppose it’s possible those reforms were brewing all along, and the timing of him announcing them after the video went viral was mere coincidence. It seems at least plausible, though, that the dread “Internet” sparked some actual policy changes, here.

Unfortunately the changes—while small steps in the right direction—still miss the point. Burton says his department will no longer conduct SWAT raids at night. They won’t conduct raids in homes where children are present. Suspects will be under constant surveillance until the raid is carried out. And raids will be conducted within a shorter period of time from when police get the initial tip about a suspected drug dealer. But the Columbia Police Department will still conduct volatile, violent, highly aggressive forced-entry raids on people suspected of consensual, nonviolent drug crimes. That is what’s wrong with the YouTube video. Changing the time of day of the raid doesn’t change the wildly disproportionate use of force.

Burton and his department have also criticized web commentary on the video, citing both death threats aimed at members of the SWAT team and an abundance of what Burton calls “misinformation” about the raid.

He’s right. I saw both. In particular, the description that accompanied the YouTube video (which today topped 1 million views) described the pit bull the police killed as crated when it was shot. It wasn’t. (I should disclose that I passed on this bit of incorrect information to several people while discussing the raid before discovering it was incorrect, though I didn’t put it in print). And death threats, even from keyboard commandos posting on Internet discussion boards, are inexcusable.

Columbia, Missouri Police Chief: I Hate the Internet 100210banner1

That said, Burton is deflecting. When the video first went viral, his department’s spokesperson acknowledged that the police didn’t know a seven-year-old boy was in the home, but explained that the department has to carry out drug raids quickly before dealers can move their supply. That was, as Burton would put it, “misinformation.” You might even call it a lie. At the very least, it was another example of a police spokesperson reflexively defending the department before knowing all the facts. Eight days passed between the time the police were tipped off to the alleged marijuana stash and the time they conducted the raid.

As I reported yesterday, according to Brittany Montgomery, the mother and wife in the home at the time of the raid, the police initially gave the family a copy of the video in which the audio and portions of incriminating video had been removed. That sounds like “misinformation,” too. Montgomery also wrote that when her neighbors inquired with the department about the raid, they were initially told it was a drill, and that no shots were fired. That too was “misinformation.” (The department didn’t return my call, so I haven’t been able to get their response to these two allegations.)

“Misinformation” coming from police department officials acting in their official capacity is a hell of a lot more troubling than misinformation disseminated on Internet discussion boards and in blog comment threads.

As for the death threats, yes, they’re an unfortunately ugly part of often-anonymous Internet discourse. But Burton’s men were just captured on video firing off seven rounds into a home just seconds after they’d broken into it. This, despite the fact that there was nothing in the home that posed a lethal threat to them. (Yes, some pit bulls can be dangerous, but not to an armed SWAT team bedecked in full body armor.) One of those rounds missed its intended target (the pit bull) and struck an unintended target (the Corgi). According to Montgomery, there are now bullet holes in the walls of the house. There were other people in that house who weren’t suspects, people the cops weren’t aware of before they started firing their guns, including a child. That seems like a pretty reckless disregard for human life.

But Burton would have us believe that the real outrage here is the faux “if they try to come to my house and do that, I’ll kill them” Internet bravado that came in response to the video, not the very real violence actually depicted in it.

stickyicky

stickyicky

FUCK THE POLICE!!!!!!!

I have three children and find it increasingly difficult to to teach respect of the law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom