Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 4-6

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • 6-8

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters
D

dab science

I know many people who could smoke 1/4 oz of bud a day but none that could vape a gram of good oil in the same time period .Yes, my friend you are missing out.
I dunno me and my buddy have smoked a quarter between just us In less than a day it was a taste testing day

D

dab science

I make rosin and i get abouy 20-25% when I press bud and 50-80% with kief

C

corners

Is oil really worth it when it takes an ounce of white widow to make a few grams of oil...I dont know if I could stomach using so much primo weed for such a small amount of oil...i mean that weed has a value of $300-$400 per ounce, so your talking about the oil costing around $100 per gram.....But I have never tried oil so maybe im missing out...

A gram od oil will last me 5-7 days,more if i tried and took smaller hits.
Before oil i could easily smoke an 1/8 of flower a day. Its saved me a ton of money. A gram now a days is 55 to 70

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
The last plant I grew. i did an extraction on 8 grams of buds & yielded a return of 2.5g(%31.25).
if you scale that up to 28 grams. 28g×.3125 =8.75g return but i feel as if that was on the high side.

Past returns ranged from %26-%28

If you grow your own weed the cost is very low. I was logging about $10per oz when i was growing.
And if I were to yield 8.75 grams off an ounce that was $10. then each gram would be $1.14.

The long answer is that oil is cheap and the sellers charge way too much for it.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I just pressed this tonight. This is about 1 gram of oil (rosin). This is from buds that were mostly cured but still very moist, about 4 grams, pressed at 210 degrees for 1:45 And estimated 750lbs pressure. I have a Dulytek brand heat press. Depending on the size of dabs, that's 20-40 dabs. Also, that is at 220 micron for maximum yield. It's a crude method, but I'm getting about 25+% yields. I've noticed, once buds "feel" dry, they will just not produce like when still very moist.
20180626 221219

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Yield means what exactly.?

Was blasting average 20% oil extraction on bho... Soaked a qp of extracted herb in isopropyl for a month once and the yield from that was huge!! Yield means what exactly?

All the concentrate converts sheds light on the garbage people are growing these days. Vaping herb works a million times better than vaping bho.. I cant get high dabbing anymore. Smoking I dont think I was ever actually high. Impossible now. Dabs are "look at me" consumption. It doesn't absorb, just excess waste, like shotgunning a beer. . Thats why you can dab a gram for the 'gram.. You dont get any higher than dabbing a half point.

But you know, if youre weed sucks, don't grow better weed, just "opium to heroin" it!

It might seem like concentrate does something extra. It doesn't though, but it's cool people think so i guess. Thc and all that. Lol the shit is literally a trend started by Marlborough and friends, the corporate weed factory who demands the people demand what they are willing to produce. Cheap liquid shit onna stick.

Bag appeal is next on the chopping block. Wait for next High Times article: "Mold isn't as scary as you think it is", followed up by "Looks don't get you high" then the closer editorial "Food grade terps taste the same as quality weed, determined by inarguable science" Hermetic golden e-cig 6 packs look nicer than ugly natural green plants anyways!

We'd all be vaping herb otherwise, since it actually has the euphoria that dabs lack. No support for high Brix gardening, no support for herb vape tech. Just grow garbage and heroinize it. Congrats America.

Marlborough must own Broveda too. Cuz ya know buds were never legit until they came along! Now all the bud is dank and fresh like never before. Right? Lol corporate trend hate rant over. Maybe if people actually inhaled deeply again, like they've forgot to do over time.. They'd still be getting high. I get higher off reggie than bho. Make bho out of said reggie? The euphoric buzz is gone! Hmmm! I can't be the only one who put the wax on the shelf for a bigger herb vape that actually gets you elevated.

Last edited:
RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Was blasting average 20% oil extraction on bho... Soaked a qp of extracted herb in isopropyl for a month once and the yield from that was huge!! Yield means what exactly?

All the concentrate converts sheds light on the garbage people are growing these days. Vaping herb works a million times better than vaping bho.. I cant get high dabbing anymore. Smoking I dont think I was ever actually high. Impossible now. Dabs are "look at me" consumption. It doesn't absorb, just excess waste, like shotgunning a beer. . Thats why you can dab a gram for the 'gram.. You dont get any higher than dabbing a half point.

But you know, if youre weed sucks, don't grow better weed, just "opium to heroin" it!

It might seem like concentrate does something extra. It doesn't though, but it's cool people think so i guess. Thc and all that. Lol the shit is literally a trend started by Marlborough and friends, the corporate weed factory who demands the people demand what they are willing to produce. Cheap liquid shit onna stick.

Bag appeal is next on the chopping block. Wait for next High Times article: "Mold isn't as scary as you think it is", followed up by "Looks don't get you high" then the closer editorial "Food grade terps taste the same as quality weed, determined by inarguable science" Hermetic golden e-cig 6 packs look nicer than ugly natural green plants anyways!

We'd all be vaping herb otherwise, since it actually has the euphoria that dabs lack. No support for high Brix gardening, no support for herb vape tech. Just grow garbage and heroinize it. Congrats America.

Marlborough must own Broveda too. Cuz ya know buds were never legit until they came along! Now all the bud is dank and fresh like never before. Right? Lol corporate trend hate rant over. Maybe if people actually inhaled deeply again, like they've forgot to do over time.. They'd still be getting high. I get higher off reggie than bho. Make bho out of said reggie? The euphoric buzz is gone! Hmmm! I can't be the only one who put the wax on the shelf for a bigger herb vape that actually gets you elevated.
Wow man. Chill out. Vape a bowl. Lol. Rosin is a treat for me feller, I only press a few of my precious gooey buds. And, that's not BHO. I don't want anything processed with a solvent myself. The section this thread is in, is about concentrates, or did you notice? Btw, the Cola in my profile pic is from my last harvest, earlier this month. :cool:

Last edited:
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Fuck yes! You can be part of my spirit animal ! Hahahah

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Sounds like you haven't had any good oil before. Come in my neck of the woods and I would make ya pass out from being too high. Happens way too often.

L

legacyseeds

lol pardon me? lol no bad vibes but i know plenty of people who grow out the ass and have 10-20 pounds of trim run every year if not like double and triple that. not to mention those of us who run straight bud.
i run a closed loop, i can fit up to 5 pounds of trim in one extraction.
dude with a little work i could find a pound easy. are you kiddin me? have y’all ever heard about pink house in colorado(youtube bobby and the concentrate factory)... do u really think they have a huge aaa commercial space with a shitload of extractors and refinement techniques, to run 5 pounds of plant material or less a month? i bet they are going through 20 pounds a month if not double that guys... for real. and trust me when i say this is NOT the only large scale production going on
fuck the other day for the first time i saw a closed loop design.
except it was a legit fucking vat. musta been like 300-500 gallons!

as to the original point of this thread, i think someone else had mentioned how they get worse yields when the flowers are more brittle/dry...and this is something somewhat imporrant. in my opinion when u dry ur bud and still leave it somewhat wet, your retaining terps. we lose lik 75% of the terp profile through drying on the initial chop. this is why flavor junkies stick to live resin, or freezing the plant while completely wet after chop, and then running it frozen like that.
so when ur bud goes from just the right amount of moisture to bone dry, understand very seriously, this is gonna affec ur yield.
which is why we could potentially hear something like oh this chem 4 yielded AMAZING for me, followed by someone else who says yeah i ran the chem 4 it didn’t yield FOR SHIT for me. there’s the real possibility that the bone dry version of above is gonna have less character to her high, iow thc-a & cbd high sans the proper terp profile that affects the high.
lots of variables guys.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

he measure of concentrated cannabis you would now be able to legitimately have under Washington State's pot legitimization law is dependent upon some open deliberation. Hash oil, with THC focuses that can surpass 70 percent, is a standout amongst the most intense types of cannabis. However, under the law, is this nectar delegated dried weed blossoms, along these lines enabling you to have an ounce? Or then again is it named a pot imbued strong, which means you can have up to a pound? Or on the other hand, much more comical, when you can get it in vials of goopy unrefined, is it named a weed injected fluid? Since if it's in fact a maryjane imbued fluid, the law says you could have up to 72 ounces.

The same as a six-pack—in excess of four pounds.

"I've never at any point seen anyone showcase a pound of hash oil," reacts Cliff Wilkerson from Greenworks Northwest with a snicker. He gauges such a reserve would require in the vicinity of 10 and 20 pounds of starter shake, and that routinely preparing such extensive amounts would require costly mechanical gear. In any case, is it even conceivable to gain 16 to 72 ounces of hash oil?

For oil producers, the hardest part would discover each one of those leaf trimmings. Hash oil is most generally made nowadays by pressing pot into a tube and running a dissolvable like butane through the material to remove the oils, tars, and waxes. The think is smoked, vaporized, or utilized as a fixing in different items.

Imagine a scenario in which an erratic affluent guest—the Russian big shot, the Saudi sovereign, the Snoop Lion—needed to genuinely boost their legitimate reserve.

"It'd be extremely difficult for somebody to contact down and discover a pound," says Nolan Foster of Seattle's Best Cannabis and Concentrates, maybe the most productive oil wholesaler around the local area for medicinal maryjane patients. No therapeutic communities stock such amounts.

weed lawyer
Hahhahaha, I see pounds of bho as far as the eye can see.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

75 Micron Rosin, pressed at 190 for 4 minutes. It is potent. (Strain source Hash Bomb) :cool:
20180709 170814

Latest posts

Top Bottom