Pollen Sacks But No Pollen With Cs??? What Is Going On?

• Thread starter Icemud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hempry

Hempry

@Hempry Quick question..I have 2 plants I have been treating with Home made CS..lots of balls getting ready
now, but I am still spraying..Many say stop//GWE site (Nebula Haze) says spray until they open or maybe no pollen inside??
Me, I'd spray until the first dusty (open and polleny) one shows. I usually just fem one small spot, a little pollen goes a very long way.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Me, I'd spray until the first dusty (open and polleny) one shows. I usually just fem one small spot, a little pollen goes a very long way.
Thank you..
The true male (The Deputy) is now just opening his sacs..The 2 other CS treated plants are swelling now and I would guess opening will be within 24hrs..Tempted to cut one off, but Not gonna chance it now % ladies in flower in another tent, another room..BUT..I got 3 dogs..LOL:nailbiting:

EDIT: cut off a few The Deputy sacs and put them in a window..HE IS NOW DEAD!
(shipping his body (sacs included) off to @GT21 ..lmao)
IMG 0975

dankninja

dankninja

got the extremexx "hybridization tool" spray, looks like its STS but no info on bottle. we shall see if this last OTC option has any merit...at all.

Icemud

Icemud

I ended up picking up the ingredients to make STS, along with some PPE gear to make sure I don't get it on my skin or eyes or inhale it. The silver nitrate seems like some pretty nasty stuff until its dilluted, but I have to say for $30 bucks I probably have enough to pollenate plants for the next 5 years, especially the sodium thiosulfate. Man I got a huge bag of it for so cheap.

Its supposed to work much better than CS so we will see. My last seed project was a fail.. pollen sacks galore, no pollen.. bummed.

dankninja

dankninja

yea seems like a common thing..same here. had sacks, and I've bred Male Female before no issues. just never had any pollin, except one little squirt one time. I know you need more plant donors and vessels than you would with any normal Male Female cross, to get the larger seed runs.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

There's a product called Tirista mist. It's more reliable, easy to use, and works most of the time. I believe the strains it didn't work on were "true fems " I have a couple strains, and no matter what I've tried, I can't get a single sack. I believe there a 2, and 4 oz bottle.
Worth looking into...some youtube vids. My spelling may be wrong, but it's worth a Google

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

There's a product called Tirista mist. It's more reliable, easy to use, and works most of the time. I believe the strains it didn't work on were "true fems " I have a couple strains, and no matter what I've tried, I can't get a single sack. I believe there a 2, and 4 oz bottle.
Worth looking into...some youtube vids. My spelling may be wrong, but it's worth a Google
I thought that Tiresias Mist was CS based..way too pricey if it is..I make CS for about $1 per gallon using a DIY CS gen (PWR supply, .999 silver rods, mason jar and Alligator clips) been spraying a true female and a Feminized female (clones of mine)..so far The true Fem has bigger and more sacs, but the Fem plant is not far behind..They are about ready to open any day now and I HOPE Maybe nsome pollen is in there..
This was the true Cackleberry female turned (2 weeks back). The other is a Gorilla Wreck#4 feminized plant..(no picture)

3 14 18 Cackleberry CS treated clone

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I'll have to look up Trista again. I'm not certain, but I don't think it is CS based. Been 6 years since I've used it.
There are also steril pollin sacks. There' a cut of Sour in the Denver area that will shoot nanners (not sacks) all over, but never heard of anything being pollinated. I've heard about this with several strains, but only seen it w/SD cut

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Just took these shots. (sorry for the lighting..don't want to disturb things..

Just checked and balls galore and getting fatter..hope there is something in them.

DSC 0827
DSC 0828
DSC 0825

dankninja

dankninja

I'll have to look up Trista again. I'm not certain, but I don't think it is CS based. Been 6 years since I've used it.
There are also steril pollin sacks. There' a cut of Sour in the Denver area that will shoot nanners (not sacks) all over, but never heard of anything being pollinated. I've heard about this with several strains, but only seen it w/SD cut

I can confirm, had a large # of sd s1s and the cut... Had sterile pods.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I can confirm, had a large # of sd s1s and the cut... Had sterile pods.
Gonna find out in a few days or so..Been spraying for 5 weeks twice per day..Homeade CS and no idea what ppms it has since the tds meter doesn't work on CS..The plants tolerated it well and sacs formed in the 1st 10 days..The feminized plant took an additional week to show sacs..Still exciting..just in case, I took pollen from a true Deputy male and smeared it on a 2-3 weeks in flower GDP clone of mine..One way or another ..I will have seeds..
=====================================================================
And to think..50 yrs back..we threw them away..
Crying

dankninja

dankninja

Copy and pasted from Hanna? I think...

-

The equation for estimating the PPM of the colloidal silver is as follows:

( Final Meter Reading - Initial Distilled Water Reading ) X Adjustment/Conversion Factor = PPM Colloidal Silver.

A standard conversion factor used by many producers is 1.2; however, this number will not be entirely accurate, and depends upon many variables that cannot be easily isolated. The 1.2 specification applies to Silvergen Colloidal Silver Generators specifically, and was developed by comparing a laboratory analysis ( total silver content measured in PPM ) with readings from the Hanna PWT meter. Silvergen colloidal silver is 80-85% ionic, 15%-20% particulate. Keep in mind that the Hanna PWT meter will not register any particulate silver in the CS product; this is why a conversion factor is required.

R

Rahim

I ended up picking up the ingredients to make STS, along with some PPE gear to make sure I don't get it on my skin or eyes or inhale it. The silver nitrate seems like some pretty nasty stuff until its dilluted, but I have to say for $30 bucks I probably have enough to pollenate plants for the next 5 years, especially the sodium thiosulfate. Man I got a huge bag of it for so cheap.

Its supposed to work much better than CS so we will see. My last seed project was a fail.. pollen sacks galore, no pollen.. bummed.

Sacs
R

Rahim

Hi dear Icemud
It looks like we are on the path
I made my own CS a little above 30 ppm and started to spray on ACDC strain a week prior to its flowering( at one branch ) and I ended up with a full male sacs on the branch I spray 2 times a day for 15 days.
First I saw empty immature sacs falling down no pollen, after a while this morning I shook the branch and I saw some pollen came out dancing in the air giving me a hope to collect them for selective pollination.
At the same time I am going to prepare some STS for my next attempt.
Good Luck

Sacs
ACDC1
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hi dear Icemud
It looks like we are on the path
I made my own CS a little above 30 ppm and started to spray on ACDC strain a week prior to its flowering( at one branch ) and I ended up with a full male sacs on the branch I spray 2 times a day for 15 days.
First I saw empty immature sacs falling down no pollen, after a while this morning I shook the branch and I saw some pollen came out dancing in the air giving me a hope to collect them for selective pollination.
At the same time I am going to prepare some STS for my next attempt.
Good Luck
I was thinking about STS but don't want to go thru the Hazmat stuff, so I will try Ga3 soon. My CS did fine but got a very small amount of pollen, and it was a PIA to spray for 2 weeks, but it did work and made some nice beans.

3 21 18 2

4 6 18 Cackleberry female pollen

Stash

Stash

Years ago I was a member of a secret group (still am) of invite only members, breeders. A member named Nannymouse emailed me with the idea that maybe CS would work on changing the sex on pot plants. I took on the work and reported my progress back to the group. Before I finished my testing one of our new members took it upon him self and behind everyones back to make a post on the CW site, letting the world know about how great CS worked at making femmed seeds, You gotta remember that STS worked great but at the time what it took to make it was on the FBI watch list. CS has worked to some degree and is strain dependent, at the time it seemed the only way to go and not go to jail. I wish CS worked better but it is what it is. Later, Stash

Top Bottom