Possible Hermie?

• Thread starter Cjr22288
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cjr22288

Cjr22288

Does this look at all like a hermie to anyone? Seems to be some new growth protruding from the sides of a few buds towards the top of my plants. Also might be heat stressed a little, but I'm not sure. I am pretty new to this, so any info would be helpful.

Possible hermie
Possible hermie 2
Possible hermie 3
Possible hermie 4
Dbear180

Dbear180

Nope. When colas start to grow outwards like that I call it crowning ( because it starts to look like a crown lol). Looks like your just about done :)

Dunge

Dunge

You need to help us out and circle the tissue in question.
What I sense is the start of "foxtailing", a heat issue.
Another odd thing is that flowers ordinarily open up.
Yours look closed with all the pistols bunched out the top.

Nice frost.

Monster762

Monster762

Yup foxtailing. I had one plant do it last run. Not hermie. They swell and keep spitting new white pistols. Let it rock out it’ll stack those knots over n over. I didn’t let mine go all the way. It went a week and half longer than the other plants and I chopped it for the room. End product was brighter in color and smelled real good. Had a piney flavor when none of the others did. I thought it was a little special being first grow and how it looked different. It was.

Monster762

Monster762

Yup foxtailing. I had one plant do it last run. Not hermie. They swell and keep spitting new white pistols. Let it rock out it’ll stack those knots over n over. I didn’t let mine go all the way. It went a week and half longer than the other plants and I chopped it for the room. End product was brighter in color and smelled real good. Had a piney flavor when none of the others did. I thought it was a little special being first grow and how it looked different. It was.
It did not mature as fast but even with trichs barely in the window it was a good one. Mine grew slower than others too it was a small plant.

hillbil

hillbil

Foxtailing buds can also be genetic. They make buds that look like bunches of hard littl pine cones. Seems those types have some body and density to them while the late flower ones are usually very light and wispy. Some do it about the time they are ready regardless of temps. The late appearing thin ones are a pain to trim.

Top Bottom