Possible Mg Deficiency

• Thread starter h4ppyf4rmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I think I might try some CalMag and see if it stops this.

if I were to used GH CaliMagic, would I use half strength?

Last edited:
xenon730

xenon730

I think I might try some CalMag and see if it stops this.

if I were to used GH CaliMagic, would I use half strength?
Its about 300ppm at 1 tsp./gal which is full strength. 165 ca 65 mg approx. Again might not be perfect but i use it every day and this is how i estimate it. I use it at half in late flower in ro with an additional 2g/gal. epsom which adds 60 ppm mg. Not giving advice on how to use, just giving you numbers so you can do the math quickly.

That's d2w @ twice a day starting w6 usually depending on strain in 100% coco.

Edit: i use it at quarter in late flower and half throughout but use a base nutrient with 8% ca so i still hit those ppms (165 ca 65 mg > 100 ca 100 mg), shouldn't change your math though.

Last edited:
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

ok, ordered me some CaliMagic, will be here on wednesday. I'll probably do a complete res change on Wednesday night... I hate changing the res, takes about an hour...

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

u cant really o.d. on calmag...i use 1.5-2.5ml per gal.
That's good to know.
I assume I add the CaliMagic into the mixing bucket first before adding the nutes to the bucket?

so my order will be:
1. calmag
2. micro
3. gro
4. bloom

my nute ratio is 1g:2m:3b and I'm keeping the ec around 1.4

My whole system holds about 40 Gallons, should I add 80ml of calmag?

BTW: the end of my 4th week of bloom will be Wednesday.

fatawa

fatawa

That's good to know.
I assume I add the CaliMagic into the mixing bucket first before adding the nutes to the bucket?

so my order will be:
1. calmag
2. micro
3. gro
4. bloom

my nute ratio is 1g:2m:3b and I'm keeping the ec around 1.4

My whole system holds about 40 Gallons, should I add 80ml of calmag?
doesnt matter wat u mix first.but yes 80 is safe..i will say all calmag has "n" n it so just watch for that brother

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

doesnt matter wat u mix first.but yes 80 is safe..i will say all calmag has "n" n it so just watch for that brother
yeah, CaliMagic is only 1-0-0 so it's fairly light.

I've noticed a big change as far as the plants requiring more nutes this time around with my new lights. I'm wondering of the higher intensity lights are causing the plants to eat more and depleting things more rapidly.

fatawa

fatawa

yeah, CaliMagic is only 1-0-0 so it's fairly light.

I've noticed a big change as far as the plants requiring more nutes this time around with my new lights. I'm wondering of the higher intensity lights are causing the plants to eat more and depleting things more rapidly.
yup.sure will.what ppm r u running at moment?what wk r we n brother?

fatawa

fatawa

Hows yur ph been?i see them red stems.might b genetics tho.never ran that strain.

fatawa

fatawa

pH have been holding pretty steady around 6.0. Not all stems are red and none of the stalks are red.
i like that u stayd low because tooo many people think more nutes=big plants.but id keep pushing up 30-50ppm n find that spot where yur ph drops.then back off 30-50ppm n ride it out cuz thats yur threshold

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

i like that u stayd low because tooo many people think more nutes=big plants.but id keep pushing up 30-50ppm n find that spot where yur ph drops.then back off 30-50ppm n ride it out cuz thats yur threshold
yeah, I pushed it up to 1.5 ec tonight after I topped the res.

fatawa

fatawa

yeah, I pushed it up to 1.5 ec tonight after I topped the res.
then u kno yur ppm today obviously.check it tomrw n let me kno how much it droppd.we will dial u n real fast...theoretically u want no drop but u wanna c 15-30ppm per day(just so we can tel there drinking nutes)thats dialed n.ill help u capitalize on yur swell if u wud like.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

then u kno yur ppm today obviously.check it tomrw n let me kno how much it droppd.we will dial u n real fast...theoretically u want no drop but u wanna c 15-30ppm per day(just so we can tel there drinking nutes)thats dialed n.ill help u capitalize on yur swell if u wud like.

1.46 ec down .04 (20 ppm) but the water level is also down a little
pH = 5.9
the plants are certainly drinking, the res is lower than last night.

I'm thinking the CalMag will certainly fix this problem, I'm not concerned yet };-)

xenon730

xenon730

1.46 ec down .04 (20 ppm) but the water level is also down a little
pH = 5.9
the plants are certainly drinking, the res is lower than last night.

I'm thinking the CalMag will certainly fix this problem, I'm not concerned yet };-)
Ppm changes according to what they're doing. It being the same is Ideal because it shows theyre taking equal parts salt and water. It can change based on transpiration also though. If you're noticing them drinking and not changing ppm, you doing good. Like praying.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

ok, a complete res change, 80ml calmag, 40B:80M:120B, pH 6.1, ec 1.34

we shall see what happens

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

ok, I've noticed something and maybe it's my hopeful imagination, but, since the res change and adding CalMag, I've noticed some of the leaves that had the brown spots and were starting to yellow a bit have started to green up a bit mostly near the leaf veins.

I know the small brown spots on the existing leaves are not going to go away (dead leaf matter) but will the leaves start greening up more?

just curious, this is the first time I've had a deficiency issue.

thanks

Top Bottom