Possible Mg Deficiency

• Thread starter h4ppyf4rmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

oh yeah, I did this res change on Wednesday, the first day on my 5th week (29th day) of bloom

xenon730

xenon730

Only you can tell really. If the leaves werent dried out and still looked like good leaves, just yellow, the margins usually mostly recover but edges not so much.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Only you can tell really. If the leaves weren't dried out and still looked like good leaves, just yellow, the margins usually mostly recover but edges not so much.

yeah, they are definitely not dried out, just a bit lighter color than the unaffected leaves and they have small brown spots. even the edges of the leaves were in good shape so maybe they will completely recover until my next defoliating session in two weeks };-)

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

yeah, I've been checking in the morning before work and night after I eat my after-dinner CannaCookie... I usually raise the pH to 6.2 but I've been keeping the EC the same at 1.4. I'm using GH flora at a ratio of 1gro:2micro:3bloom. I'm also using Hydroguard every couple weeks for active beneficials. The drop this morning wasn't quite as bad, was 6.0 when I went to bed and was 5.4 in the morning.

I'm wondering if I should be using CalMag, I just hate adding more shit though, lol

my plants are looking really happy and green with lots of nice buds everywhere
happy, try this recipe for veg-
per 5 gallons as totals - 10ml grow, 10ml micro, 10ml bloom, 2.5ml cal mag plus, 5 ml silica.
I've never had anything less than white roots with this mix.
You can check out this chart I made, but I'm still cutting the formula down in flower. Never have had deficiencies like that
I think I might try some CalMag and see if it stops this.

if I were to used GH CaliMagic, would I use half strength?
2.5ml cal mag plus by botinicare. You only need that amount per 5 gallons, works great. If you're not using silica blast, try that out too, I use 5ml per 5 gallons of water. This will help stabilize your PH and strengthen your plants

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

happy, try this recipe for veg-
per 5 gallons as totals - 10ml grow, 10ml micro, 10ml bloom, 2.5ml cal mag plus, 5 ml silica.
I've never had anything less than white roots with this mix.
You can check out this chart I made, but I'm still cutting the formula down in flower. Never have had deficiencies like that

2.5ml cal mag plus by botinicare. You only need that amount per 5 gallons, works great. If you're not using silica blast, try that out too, I use 5ml per 5 gallons of water. This will help stabilize your PH and strengthen your plants

Thanks for the input. This round I did a 3g:2m:1b ratio during veg, 1g:1m:1b for two weeks of transition, and 1g:2m:3b the rest of the way. I do want to try silica, but I want to read up on it first.

My Blueberry is doing really good, but they are closer to the res, my other three plants are showing the deficiencies, they are the farthest from the res.

I think one of my major problems is that I have reconfigured the 1/2" water feed to the six buckets from the last system. The last system had a "T" coming off the reservoir and each side of the "T" fed 3 buckets. This time I have one feed running down the middle and each of the 6 buckets gets a feed tap from the middle feed. My feeling is that the last 3 buckets are not getting enough nutrient flow.

I think I'm going to reconfigure the system like my old system, "T" at the res, 3 buckets on one feed, 3 buckets on the other.

Latest posts

Top Bottom