Post C-spine surgery-- fusion and decompression;,, natural alternatives for opiates ?

• Thread starter feildofdreams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
feildofdreams

feildofdreams

My final C-spine surgery was completed on the 27th of Dec and I am so damn happy it is over with. I am healing rather well but trying to find a strain that works good for minor to major pain? wanting to get rid of the pain killers and feel as if I can do without as long as I have and or know of a strain that is good for pain, and, will allow me to keep functioning okay. Anyone have a favorite strain they use for pain and nausea? also,, was wondering if anyone has had this similar surgery and might have some advice on holistic recovery and care?
Post c spine surgery   fusion and decompression natural alternatives for opiates
Post c spine surgery   fusion and decompression natural alternatives for opiates 2

blazer

blazer

Brutal FOD! Im not in your situation but I hear from some with pain seem to get some relief from edibles,and concentrates hope recovery is going well!

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

PRIVA PILLS!!!!!

have a homie that used solely priva pills after a reconstructive surgery... said they did miracles... dont know where you're at but they're in most med states i believe.

sky high

sky high

Damn. I hope it goes well for ya. I've spent 15+ years avoiding the knife and enduring the pain 'cus I really don't have the faith they can "fix" things. I've yet to have a doc look me in the eye and guarantee they can make me "better" so I've held off. In fact, I've only been to a doc for my DDD twice in the last 6+ years since I went Cold Turkey on my addiction...and both times i went I felt myself getting sucked back into that "waiting room existence" I spent so fuckin much time in for years.

For me..."time" will shift the pain elsewhere. A few months on the neck...maybe a few on the back...then the knee will fuck up....then the right rotor cup....then back to the back or neck.... rinse...repeat....over and over and over.... Fuckin docs can't look at the WHOLE body....they only wanna look at one part...and by the time I can get in for an appt.... something ELSE is hurtin.... :arghh: just another hurdle.... one of many....I'm just learnin' to endure and accept....bout all i can do @ present.

FWIW....the narcs kept me from TRULY judging my pain and..I believe...actually "generate" false pain in yer head so you'll dose again...and again..and again...

As far as a strain....grow something that frosts and yields and make it into hash. always gonna get more relief from hash than pot, IMO.

good luck

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Thank you Blazer :)
Thanks Classic Remix, great advice and will check out those pills,. Appreciate the reply

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Hey Sky, thanks for those insights my friend,. I agree that hash would def be something that I am going to try;, I did smoke some Blueberry hash a few days out of surgery, but I was all fucked up on pain killers and couldn't tell the difference,. a few weeks later I ended up getting the flu and than pneumonia for a couple weeks after that,, this recovery has just been pure hell brother!:mad:
I am down to half my pain killer regiment and doing good but like you, I would rather not fuck around with man made bullshit and use natural way's to heal.
The surgeons did do a great job though and without this intervention of hardware, decompression's and fusions, I would be wheel chair bound for certain, maybe for life. The bone, soft cartilage and over all deterioration created more debilitation and pain than I could bare; another thing that promoted me to go ahead and get another surgery was I didn't have to wait for this surgery date like I did the last time, my neck was so bad that they considered it an emergency and put me way ahead others that had been waiting for along time,.. I didn't like that part of it, but man, had to do something and fast. The main pain and problems before surgery are gone, but I paid the price with all the nerve damage caused by the cutting and chiseling on my neck. My neck on the left side is dead, completely,.. I can't feel a thing which is no good and gauntness me growing a beard for the rest of my life as I cut the shit outa myself shaving last week hahaha :) My left side of my upper back (shoulder) is dead too and feels so fucking weird, that I can't touch those areas anymore. I will think very hard before attempting another operation, but the more my spine fails, the more I end up on the paddy for some hardware intervention....
Now, I feel as if I am thrust into this chaotic cycle of "have too replace my bone with metal"?:wtf: My spine in general has started failing dramatically these last couple years and without the hardware, I honestly don't know where I would be health wise. As of today.. I feel strong again, I feel confident with my neck and feel all is good, hell,, I am even walking a mile a day now, but the after math of all that nerve damage is horrible. Feel like my body is robbing Peter to pay Paul :eek: LOL! Thanks again for the info my brother, Peace!

blazer

blazer

Glad recovery is going good & your able to be mobile, stay motivated those walks will do wonders for your health bro!

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Thank you for the encouragement my brother, I walk at least a 1/2 mile in the morning and another in the evening f the weather is nice,. All in all though I feel great and look forward to seeing if all the problems fade after no pain killers,.. Peace brother an thank again for the kind words :D

sun

sun

Man that hurts just looking at it, get yourself high cbd plant with a1/1 ratio of thc to cbd.Or if you can get a harliquin clone.bubba works for me too. take care

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Thank you very much Sun, sounds like a good approach as well and will start doing my home work on strains that have this balance,.. Much appreciated

K

kolah

How old are you may I ask?

btw ..those are really sweet x-rays. How did you load them as pictures? were they they put onto a disc?

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Hey Kolah; I am in my early 40's my friend :banghead: :) Um? lets see, I had to request them and sign a release at the Orthopedics dept that did my surgery, They are in Jpeg form and a couple others but they send them in disc form about 2 weeks after the request,.. I tripped out when I saw them as well and find it very cool I am able to look inside and see what they have done. I believe any good Dr. should have no problems getting you a disc when any x-rays are performed surgical or not. You can also request any x-rays they have done in the past. Peace

Ladyv

Ladyv

Hi Field, I'm also in my 40's and have C and T spine damage from a very serious car accident, that in all honesty, I should not have survived. I had an artificial disc put in my neck which made light years of difference, but still deal with the pain and neuropathy from the cord compression in my T-spine. I just can't afford the surgery. I have though, made it from wheelchair, to cane, to only needing the cane if I'm going to do any extensive walking.

Exercise is EVERYTHING.

More recently I was turned onto cannabis cream. This has been a God send for me!! I find that about 40 minutes after application, I feel the urge to "stretch" the muscles where before applying the cream I felt "locked up," they feel warmer, like blood flow is resuming - oxygen is getting back in - It's hard to explain, but please give it a try, hopefully it will bring you the same relief as it has me. In the near future I'm going to be trying to make my own. I did try several brands before settling on one that seemed to work the best for me....keep the faith!

Oh, and I also use Turmeric extract to help with inflammation - I picked up a small bottle with a dropper from my local health food store and put a few drops in a cup of juice a couple times a day.

Good luck hon!

deep buddy

deep buddy

hey fod . i had lower back surgery this summer( no implants). i found that a topical glycerine/bho tincture really helped , and rick simpsons oil taken orally also helped. the worst part of my whole experience was the narcotics. just finally getting off completely. wish you the best.

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Hey Ladyv :) what an incredible thing to make out of that chair :) Now that is very inspiring. I do use a topical and it is amazing. To be specific, I started using a strong marijuana infused cream/oil when I got these odd moles on my back and in 4 months they fell off,. I am not kidding either, my Dr. asked me what I used and when I told him he bout shit himself hahaha Anyway, I know that warm feeling you are talking about, when the oil is rubbed on these numb areas that died during all that nerve trauma, (I can actually feel a little itch and burn around the numb sight; maybe even a little in the sight but can't tell. My Ortho surgeon tells me that is a good sign of nerve re-generation,..Will have to wait and see but I will def keep on using it as I can feel life coming back to those dead areas. Thank you again for the great advice my friend.

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Right on Deep Buddy,.. Thank you I have heard great things about the Rick Simpson oil and use a BHO pill on occasions,..Question: This may sound ignorant and I could probably Google it, but, Is the Simpson oil basically BHO? or is a different kind of extract?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

rick simpson's pheonix tears are solvent extracts, i believe he uses benzine. any extract in an oil form can be combined with other oils (my favorites are olive oil and avocado oil for cooking, and coconut oil for topicals/cooking anything raw.) I usually infuse my own oils for edibles, you can use a stove on low setting or a hot plate to mix the oils together until they are completely dissolved, or infuse hash oil that has been decarboxylated (heated to 180-220 degrees for at least 15 minutes) into whatever kind of oil you want.

potency is something you should judge. I inhale alot more than i ingest, but still have a relatively high tolerance, so i like to infuse a gram of hash oil per ounce of cooking oil and use a dropper to dose it, or use about 1/4 teaspoon doses.

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

We solidarity, I am very grateful for this information. I will try this when I get the money to buy some hash from the dispensary. Fucking places are more detrimental then pharmas,.. Here in NM we pay 80.00 for a gram of bubble hash and 20 bucks for "so called A+" (far from A+,, maybe a B- in my book)
I am trying like mad to grow again, but, as you can see I am down and out for another couple months ;) I can't wait to be able to throw my lights on again and smell the good green as she blossoms into maturity. Thanks again We Solidarity :happy:

------- THIS IS FOR ANYONE THAT RUNS A DISPENSARY HERE IN NM-----------------
You all might as well sign a deal with DuPont and Dow you fucking hackers. It is in-human what you people charge; 80 for hash? FOR HASH? are you kidding me? You are no better than the pharamas themselves and to say other wise is not only hypocritical, but a lie.

That felt good to get that out.:rage:;)

Top Bottom