Post C-spine surgery-- fusion and decompression;,, natural alternatives for opiates ?

• Thread starter feildofdreams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

Are you fused up there or do you still have range of motion in your neck?

If you do, as was already suggested--exercise can make a huge difference. There is every indication that cannabinoids can be of aid to you here--because in large part your pain will be coming from inflammation.

As far as pain which comes from other sources, I'm afraid there are certain substances which can't really be touched--and opiates fall into that category.

This is no replacement for opiates, in short. Nothing anywhere close to as efficacious. Everything is laughably weaker by comparison.

MJ, however, won't steal your life from you and can offer some relief--which is better than none.

If your financial situation isn't garbage there are any number of experimental drugs which mimic opiates but without all of the crazy addiction. Be careful with that shit dude, opiates are bad Ju Ju.

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Hey Squiggly, I will have very little range of motion, but not total cyborg lol :borg: I am trying my best to get my grow room up and running again and foresee good things coming from said room in a few months, but for now, I am at the mercy of the fucking dispensaries, and the pills The opiates won't be a problem to finish as long as the strongest points of pain are gone. I have not found much of anything that can touch the chronic pain but I am trying a few ideas people have responded to here in this thread so I will let you all know here in a few days if the topical are going to work and the BHO pills as well,.. I will keep you all updated and thank all of you for the awesome advice and encouragement. It really does mean a lot to know people have gone through what I am going through and means even more that you take the time to respond to my inquiries. Talk to you soon my friend :)

K

kolah

I asked how old you were before responding. The problem with vertebral fusion is that as time goes by you'll most likely develop severe arthritis in the joints above and below the fusion areas.. You're ortho-surgeon probably already told you that, though. Since you are what I consider young it's quite possible those joints will need to be fused down the road (let's hope not though). Of more concern is arthritis (think pointy jagged bone spurs) effecting the central interior of the spinal bones where the spinal cord passes up through them. This could encroach and compromise your spinal cord (not cool). Axial MRI's would be most revealing and advantageous in order to keep a watchful eye on it. Or if you start to get shooting pain or numbness into your shoulders arms or hands that could be indicative of spinal cord compression or perpheral nerve encroachment. Hopefully you'll be just ducky and stay positive.

As far as your range of motion goes almost all of your flexion and extention movement is hinged on the occiput condyles(base of the skull) and the C1 vertebrae so you should be AOK there. But your rotation and lateral flexion will be fucked up bigtime. Keep things moving but don't overdo it.

As far as opiates go? Avoid them once your're initial healing is done. I find very light stretching and massage works wonders for me. Do NOT over stretch and never stretch into a pin zone. That "no pain no gain" old skool theory is bullshit. IMO of course. Experiment with hot and cold. Remember that cold kills pain and reduces inflammation and heat relaxes muscles.

Remember too a whiplash injury could paralyze you or kill you. A good snap of your neck in almost any direction will tear that surgical hardware out and sever your spinal cord in a flash. I don't mean to scare ya but just something to be a bit cautious about.

Wean off those opiates asap and make sure your ass don't cement shut from them. ;)

Did they cut you open from the front? Years ago I broke my neck (C-7 chip fracture) had surgery (no fusion) but they went through the back of my neck. I hear they now prefer going through the front as it's much easier, less muscle to cut into and a much faster recovery time.

Was it C4-C5 that they decompressed? It kinda looks that way because of how they positioned the screws. But it also looks like C5 is touching directly on C6 making me believe C5-C6 disc was blown out and/or cleaned out surgically. ??? And it appears to me that C5 down to C7 was just immobilized with titanium bracing. What the hell happened that you needed this surgery??

btw I asked about the x-rays because those were excellent views. As a Chiropractor I shot quite a few radiographs in my day and was always anal about shooting good quality films. I can not tell you how many shitty x-rays I saw taken by what was supposed to be "board certified" doctors. It was nice to see some real nice shots on your initial post. The only thing I cringed on was that they didn't take you damn shirt off for the films. Either that or you are growing button tumors! I also used to go ballistic seeing x-ray films with patients still wearing their jewelry (earrings, necklaces etc.).

MMJ relief? Hash and hash oil. Maybe try some heavy CBD strains as well. Grow your own or hook up with good friends you can trust. Good Luck.

squiggly

squiggly

Damn kolah, you really know your shit there.

Big ups on that.

Definitely will second you on all of the "not overdoing it" aspects of what you said, that is key. It's also key to do something.

It doesn't appear you need my co-signature in this area at all, though.

Lol I saw the "button tumors" too, I was like WTF at first then I was like--Oh a shirt.

Shamus

Shamus

look into the tree KRATOM.. It's been being used for thousands of years to treat opiate addiction in china and is a unscheduled OPIOD and you can simply grow the tree and make hollistic teas out of the leaves.. smaller amounts will be more of an up beat and energetic where as stronger will lead you to percocet like effects. all w/o pharma fuckin d bags. buy some kratom seeds homie. hope it helps. I'm serious about the kratom the shot works for pain and is an awesome herbal alternative also used in conjuction with cannabis to heavier narcotics..google Kratom king or something to that extent should be about all u need as far as extracts and seeds are available plenty of places. Ibogaine is scheduled now I think but that's another natural pain killer just a hell of a lot less recommended on my part.

Shamus

Shamus

you can also go to the local health food shop and buy several pounds of certain poppy seeds that ARE commercially available.. I think my buddy use to do a bow per gal and do a warm steep on the stove for a hour or two.. play around with the potency of it and always approach with caution. kratom, poppy tea and heavy indica concentrates are the best bet for natural alternatives to oxy and the like IMO. nothings ever gonna numb one quite the same but I have A LOT or respect for people who try and go through it naturally. I hope you start feeling better man and figure out a good way to control the pain.
Shamus

K

kolah

I wonder how well some good clean shrooms would do for pain. I recently had some badly broken ribs and the day I tripped the pain was gone. But more amazingly the next day I had an overall 90% improvement.

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

I asked how old you were before responding. The problem with vertebral fusion is that as time goes by you'll most likely develop severe arthritis in the joints above and below the fusion areas.. You're ortho-surgeon probably already told you that, though. Since you are what I consider young it's quite possible those joints will need to be fused down the road (let's hope not though). Of more concern is arthritis (think pointy jagged bone spurs) effecting the central interior of the spinal bones where the spinal cord passes up through them. This could encroach and compromise your spinal cord (not cool). Axial MRI's would be most revealing and advantageous in order to keep a watchful eye on it. Or if you start to get shooting pain or numbness into your shoulders arms or hands that could be indicative of spinal cord compression or peripheral nerve encroachment. Hopefully you'll be just ducky and stay positive

I am at this point now.. I was at the bad point in 2005 with the first initial fusion at C-4 to C-6 was performed. This last year is when I started to get that tingly, numb dead cold chills and soon after, severe pain and mass neuropathy. My spinal cord was almost completely shut off at the C-6 level and the rest was just a big mess.

As far as your range of motion goes almost all of your flexion and extention movement is hinged on the occiput condyles(base of the skull) and the C1 vertebrae so you should be AOK there. But your rotation and lateral flexion will be fucked up bigtime. Keep things moving but don't overdo it.

I have yet to get my collar off so I am unsure what it Will be but I would imagine it is going to be as you say.

Wean off those opiates asap and make sure your ass don't cement shut from them.

lol, I have been using Turb-o-lax, naw jk, I drink a fair amount of Seattle's best #4 so I stay pretty regular :)

Did they cut you open from the front? Years ago I broke my neck (C-7 chip fracture) had surgery (no fusion) but they went through the back of my neck. I hear they now prefer going through the front as it's much easier, less muscle to cut into and a much faster recovery time.

Front and back, The one in front is opposite the other side done in 2005. I now have a scar on both sides in the front and one foot long scar in the back of my neck.

Was it C4-C5 that they decompressed? It kinda looks that way because of how they positioned the screws. But it also looks like C5 is touching directly on C6 making me believe C5-C6 disc was blown out and/or cleaned out surgically. ??? And it appears to me that C5 down to C7 was just immobilized with titanium bracing. What the hell happened that you needed this surgery??

Many different things have happened and to try and put them all here would be a long venture but to sum up;, I was raised on a 3200 acre cattle and horse ranch in eastern Colorado flat lands (Grover, Colo and Pawnee Wyoming )and the youngest of 8 brother's’. My older brothers were not easy on me and I was also in Jr. Rodeo for the better part of my younger years (teens to early 20's) Bareback and saddle bronc rider. .I have also been a rather bad tempered fella that brawled consistently growing up and now later on in life, I have degenerative arthritis. I feel 35 some odd feet from a log cabin roof sealing a blown disc (C-5/C-6) I just basically thought I was invincible;, :D

tw I asked about the x-rays because those were excellent views. As a Chiropractor I shot quite a few radiographs in my day and was always anal about shooting good quality films. I can not tell you how many shitty x-rays I saw taken by what was supposed to be "board certified" doctors. It was nice to see some real nice shots on your initial post. The only thing I cringed on was that they didn't take you damn shirt off for the films. Either that or you are growing button tumors! I also used to go ballistic seeing x-ray films with patients still wearing their jewelry (earrings, necklaces etc.).

MMJ relief? Hash and hash oil. Maybe try some heavy CBD strains as well. Grow your own or hook up with good friends you can trust. Good Luck.

Those were titanium buttons on a shirt of mine. Yeah, I always wondered why they don't remove the obvious but they seem to always be in a hurry,..
I am trying real hard to start growing again but I need help that just is not in this area. I have asked a couple people but no takers for care giving. I will keep on trying and sure at some point someone will help me fill buckets and carry water ect....

This has been a very difficult part of my life but with each day I feel a little better and the tingling, numb problems i had before are gone. I still have surgery site pain, but have to wait and get clean from the pain killers to make a final assessment. I really appreciate all you have said here and great wisdom my friend. I can't thank you enough :)

Neck3
feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Funny you mention that as I have had similar experiences with shrooms. last year I tripped and the pain drifted away once I peaked and after the high, I felt really good. My friend asked if I wanted to try a reg of small amounts but it ended up getting to much for me, but,, it did help, Space coast? I think, was one strain, I can't remember the names that well but they were very good and very clean, no body aches or any aches that I remember what so ever,..

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Thank you Shamus:) I will look it up and do my homework. I can't thank you enough for your response. I was wondering about poppies but never had to much time to look into it but, hey, nothing but time now and I will do everything in my power to make sure I can keep a natural fairly inexpensive alternative available. I am not to hooked, yet!, but definitely have a need at the moment. if I can get down with a least three of these regiments, plus massage, heat and cold,.I am certain I will be able to put the opiates behind :) Thanks again my friend :D

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Okay my friends, after a couple days of massage, topical infusions, some hash (ingested and smoked) and some BHO pills. I CAN"T BELIEVE THE RESULTS :) I mean, I get pretty smashed from it but my pain is well controlled with a well planned reg. I had already been using my topical for a while and the dead areas are stinging around the edges, BUT, the big change lately, is it is starting to itch like mad right on the area. :D :D :D I can;t believe how f^%#$ing versatile and all around incredible this plant is;, I can't thank you all enough for this life saving information and feel as if I am totally blessed to be led to such a killer site with such amazing people/friends... Peace my brother and sisters and again, Thanks :)

K

kolah

Try some Burts Beeswax chapstick on your healing itchy wounds. Apply often. They also make a salve that comes in a nice round tin. Good stuff. Glad you're doing better!

Ladyv

Ladyv

Okay my friends, after a couple days of massage, topical infusions, some hash (ingested and smoked) and some BHO pills. I CAN"T BELIEVE THE RESULTS :) I mean, I get pretty smashed from it but my pain is well controlled with a well planned reg. I had already been using my topical for a while and the dead areas are stinging around the edges, BUT, the big change lately, is it is starting to itch like mad right on the area. :D :D :D I can;t believe how f^%#$ing versatile and all around incredible this plant is;, I can't thank you all enough for this life saving information and feel as if I am totally blessed to be led to such a killer site with such amazing people/friends... Peace my brother and sisters and again, Thanks :)

Soooo happy to hear your feeling better!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

One week now and all the inflammation is gone, both in my back and neck;,... HOLY CRAP this plant is amazing,, the tingling in my skin is incredible after a topical application and the "dead" area's now hurt like hell around the edges and deep under the muscle sometimes, but I know it is because the nerve is firing a spark again. Beyond my wildest dreams could I have imagined such a powerful response from this plant and her "miracle type healing abilities. No words can describe my gratitude <3

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

A friend of mine made it about two years ago and all she ever told me, was,, it is your 'run of the mill' basic marijuana infused topical,.. The bottle I have has no label or recipe on the side so I am uncertain,... however, It does not have a Mentholatum smell or feel to it and that I like. I hate things that seem to mask the pain and Mentholatum type topical's seem to do exactly that. The infusion (whatever that means) seems to get under the skin and really work on the sites that have pain, I apply it and in mins, my pain has subsided. Good stuff :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom