Potential Overwatering / Mag Def - Need Oppinions

• Thread starter Desert Rogue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

The strain is a finicky dutch passion durban poison. A very short tight noded individual from among the 20 I popped. Most were very stretchy and all seem to be finicky about something Im doing especially compared to my more expensive genetics.

Im under 900w led light spread over 3 devices. Two are the 300w Viparspectra, the other is a 300w apollo horticulture full spectrum.

Im in 1 gallon smart pots with happy frog/ perlite - 60/40 ish. I add one table spoon of dolomite lime otherwise.

I feed with a rotation of grow big from fox farms and Alaskan fish emulsion. I never feed full strength. (FFGB - Plain water - Fish emulsion - plain water. I also believe my water may be hard as it test above 230 ppm.. and oddly around 150-170 after I ph with lemon juice.)

Now my question. I believe I have a magnesium deficiency on a plant that is also appearing overwatered. This plant on the right was less vigorous plant then in the left. Soil is losing moisture at an extremely slow rate. Originally I had both under a 50w 2 foot t5 in my mini tent. I took clones off of it, thought well lets throw it in the big tent..

I made so many lazy mistakes I usually never make. What is present to your eyes on these plants? How should I treat them.

Potential overwatering  mag def   need oppinions
Potential overwatering  mag def   need oppinions 2
Potential overwatering  mag def   need oppinions 4
Potential overwatering  mag def   need oppinions 3

(Ive also already made a foliar spray with 1 tsp epsom salt and applied last night.)

Tdabbz719

Tdabbz719

To me they look under-watered. Or atleast the one of the right. Give them a nice big feed (reg water) and then let them sit for a day or two and see how they react. Soil looks too dry to be loosing moisture slowly like you said.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

To me they look under-watered. Or atleast the one of the right. Give them a nice big feed (reg water) and then let them sit for a day or two and see how they react. Soil looks too dry to be loosing moisture slowly like you said.

The one on the right has soil moist still from a week ago.. Thats how I know its overwatered.. I think the problem is the amount of stress I put it under, taking clones then proceeding to put it under much more intense light. I havent taken clones from the healthy-ish one.

I mean still, I checked this morning still wet and I have been waiting for it to dry before flushing it.. It might be too late for that. I may have to hope for the best at this point.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

The one on the right has soil moist still from a week ago.. Thats how I know its overwatered.. I think the problem is the amount of stress I put it under, taking clones then proceeding to put it under much more intense light. I havent taken clones from the healthy-ish one.

I mean still, I checked this morning still wet and I have been waiting for it to dry before flushing it.. It might be too late for that. I may have to hope for the best at this point.

I need to buy some vermiculite. >.<

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

The one on the right WAY over watered. those plants are sick, let them dry out and ez back into watering. They don't need water daily

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

The one on the right WAY over watered. those plants are sick, let them dry out and ez back into watering. They don't need water daily

These arent getting watered daily.. but thanx for the confidence.. -.-

They get watered once a week maybe once in 5 days. I haven't watered the one on the right in over a week and a half.. VERY SICK.

Smart pots have been the most difficult container Ive grown in.. I never had problems in clay pots and plastic buckets that chokes the oxygen from my plants. I watered them regularly once a week. The other big change... 3 of these 300w lights... Instead of one.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

You might want to grow in something bigger than 1 a gallon.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

You might want to grow in something bigger than 1 a gallon.

Likely the truth. Those are just mother plants though, as I specified. Their only purpose is to give me clones. I don't intend to flower the healthy one. The other went into my tent.. under 900W of LED.. from a 50w t5 tube light.

The stem thickness is much thinner than when the original plant was grown under these 3 lights. If that says anything.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

I also forgot to mention these are about 4-5 months old.. So deficiencies are likely.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

2nd round using smart puts. Last round was in 3 gallons. I plan to up pot my big tent when the time comes. I guess I will have to transplant my alpha mom.

I hate the color the laundry room lights give this.. its ruining the picture. Alpha 1 got a watering about 2 days ago as she was drooping just slightly. They both likely need some cal/mag which Ive got on the way.

Alpha 2 on the right is still growing, which is the reason for the update. (Strangely I can feel moisture on the outside of her pot..) She's struggling, yet she hasn't given up the fight. I hope she recovers. Supposedly fabric smart pots prevent root bound issues.. now that I think about it, if every space was filled with a root.. that would still happen, right?

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

What isn't obvious: The plant on the left dropped the sickly leaves and looks okay. The one on the right has some severe nute burn attributes which I still feel is due to too much light.

I may need to buy a 3rd viparspectra or just take the third light out of the tent.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Stunted from being so old in such a small pot is my guess. Also I've heard of growers having to add a cal/mg product when using lower end blurple colored LEDs.

[This](https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=164072&page=2) forum is suggesting I dont feed often enough. I may need to flush salts again at this point to. So much to balance.

I can lose alpha 2.. I can not lose my alpha or which ever most vigorous clones replaces her.

I had a 6 week bud I forgot about drying for weeks.. found it when I was out.. A gift from the multiverse, it was like drinking a gallon coffee. Im an adult and it made me.. hyper I might say.

Latest posts

Top Bottom