Pots

• Thread starter Bronco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bronco

Bronco

So I have my first plant ever growing. It is in a 7 gal pot and seems to be doing well. I want to grow 6 plants next year so just trying to get everything on site. I am thinking about trying some smart pots. Also thinking about a 20 gal size. Will I see any benefit over the 7 gal I am using now ? I think I will be using FFOF soil.
Thanks for any help.
This will be outdoors.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

So I have my first plant ever growing. It is in a 7 gal pot and seems to be doing well. I want to grow 6 plants next year so just trying to get everything on site. I am thinking about trying some smart pots. Also thinking about a 20 gal size. Will I see any benefit over the 7 gal I am using now ? I think I will be using FFOF soil.
Thanks for any help.
This will be outdoors.
It all depends on how big you plan on growing your root ball. Bigger root ball bigger plant more buds.

Bronco

Bronco

Thanks.....Bigger the better....LOL....Well I need to keep the pot size in check. I am just thinking that 20 gal might fit my program well.......Any better value in pots then smart pots ?
Thanks

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Thanks.....Bigger the better....LOL....Well I need to keep the pot size in check. I am just thinking that 20 gal might fit my program well.......Any better value in pots then smart pots ?
Thanks
I found some of those big giant black plastic ones were the landscapers were installing on a job site. Free was good enough for me.:D

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I didn't care for fabric pots. They need care to ensure a thorough saturation when water or feeding. And what to use to get off the overflow tray so the bottom doesn't rot. Those are the reasonsI went back to plastic.

But a 20gal fabric pot is easier to deal with than my little 12x 5gal room.

tifosi

tifosi

Depending how hot it is where you grow a 20 gallon could be a little small. I have three of them going now & had to water them twice a day in the heat of the summer. all the extra watering washes all the nutes out of the pot & requires extra feeding compared to the in ground or 45 gallon or larger pots.

Bronco

Bronco

Thanks everyone.......It gets hot here in NorCal....Had a stretch where it never had a day under 108 for the high..I like the 45 idea but think I will stick with 20 gal and see how it goes. I will be looking for the best deal weather it be fabric or Plastic. I am pretty sure I will screw up more then the pot will :D

Bronco

Bronco

I am only going to grow 6 plants.....I will be growing them on my deck which is 12'x12'. I will build 2 benches that hold 3 plants each so I can spread them out a little. I found some pots but it is either 15 gal or 30 gal.....Do you think 30 gal will be ok in that space?
Thanks

J

Jfrezy

The bigger pots size sometimes requires more dehumidification due to the amount of extra water in the room.

Top Bottom