Powdery Mildew At The End Of Flower.

• Thread starter Smokesmcghee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokesmcghee

Smokesmcghee

I don't have pictures of the PM but it looked like flour sitting on the leaves and they shine when you get the light hitting it at the right angle. I'm at week 9 of flower and will harvest ever since seeing this PM this morning. I found some more PM on 2 more bottom leaves and it had the same flour consistency.

Should I bud wash everything or just the affected plant when I harvest tonight? What would you do if you searched high and low and only saw the affect on one plant in a tent full of plants?

Monster762

Monster762

Sorry to hear man, it sucks. In this case H202 bath for the whole harvest is the safe bet i guess.
Was gonna say the same. H202 should kill anything. I’ve never personally done it but some people rinse all buds in h2o2 and water solution at harvest. Claim there’s tons of dirt n stuff tiny bugs whatever gets cleaned off. But I wouldn’t rub at nothing too much. Google it for real instructions. I’ve never done it. I’m tginking about it in my little outdoor plants cause I know they’re dirty. That’ll be my test.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Was gonna say the same. H202 should kill anything. I’ve never personally done it but some people rinse all buds in h2o2 and water solution at harvest. Claim there’s tons of dirt n stuff tiny bugs whatever gets cleaned off. But I wouldn’t rub at nothing too much. Google it for real instructions. I’ve never done it. I’m tginking about it in my little outdoor plants cause I know they’re dirty. That’ll be my test.
Well i used it before. My final solution was 0,5 percent h2o2 give or take. Basically 1,5 cups of 3% h202 to 10 cups of water. Can’t say i noticed any negative effects but this grow i will probably wash half and leave the other half unwashed and do a taste, smell and visual quality test. Never did side by side.
I used it indoor but even in indoors there is all kind of shit left in the bucket. Even if you pull air from a hepa filter everytime you open the tent all kind of weird stuff gets sucked in and stick to plants.

Smokesmcghee

Smokesmcghee

Thanks for the tips! Doing the H2O2 dip to be safe. Also nice to know I won't be burning random cat hairs stuck on some of my buds randomly. Opening the tent really does suck everything in.

ethcan

ethcan

H202 dip leaves the buds... lacking. I've done it before. In my experience, PM does not spread during drying, and PM is not washed off with the H202 dip. I speak from experience.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I didn't have PM on the outdoor girls, but this is what came off (1 plant) during a 3 bucket lemon juice/RO water bath.
IMG 1390

IMG 1391

IMG 1392

Smokesmcghee

Smokesmcghee

Honestly, I'm only dipping the ones that are showing signs of PM on leaves which means I'm inspecting everything and its taking a good amount of time that I wish I had more of. This is all personal smoke. Luckily a majority of the plants aren't showing signs so I really hope that a cut plant isn't susceptible to PM during the dry as mentioned above. If there is a difference in smoke after the dry between bud washed and non bud washed, then I'll let ya'll know.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Nice harvest! How much lemon juice do you use per gallon if you don't mind me asking? Did the lemon juice affect the potency of the bud at all?
I use Doc Bud's method..simple:
1/4 to 1/2 cup per qallon of EACH..Lemon Juice..Baking Soda
No discernible impact to the buds either..in fact..aroma is superior to the clones (from the same plants) grown indoors with no wash.
https://www.docbudsbrix.com/bud-washing/

Latest posts

Top Bottom