Powdery mildew resistant strains?

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nog

powdery mildew?

try foliar spray with a 0.5% solution of Mono potassium phosphate, this is sort of PK 13-14, which you could maybe use instead. Not only will this feed the plants, but it also has a fungicidal effect against mildews and moulds.
There are some scientific articles about this on the net if you root about.

K

KaliTransplant

never seen a blue dream with a lick of pm. I had some humidity spikes up over ninety this past go around. Everything looks ok so far... (fingers crossed still)

G

GreenShadows

A.M.S. (aka AMS) by Greenhouse Seeds

I recommend the strain A.M.S. (aka AMS) by Greenhouse Seeds. :yes

It was grown outdoors. It never had a touch of mold (aka powdery mildew), while Rox by Paradise Seeds & Holland's Hope by DNA Genetics did have touches of mold. Rox and Holland's hope were on either side of AMS.

I'm looking forward to trying Bahia Black Head by KC Brains. Descriptions of it says "grown outside, Bahia Blackhead seeds produce strong pest and mould resistant bushes".

PickleRick

PickleRick

Yes 8 years old thread. I don't care. These will be brought back to life as long as pm lives on too.

Critical Cheese was 100% immune to to PM. Not a speck. Meanwhile 5 other strains all got hit more or less.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Yes 8 years old thread. I don't care. These will be brought back to life as long as pm lives on too.

Critical Cheese was 100% immune to to PM. Not a speck. Meanwhile 5 other strains all got hit more or less.

That's critical cheese from dinafem?

PickleRick

PickleRick

Yes, Sorry should have clarified, but you did guess right! It was a freebie female seed. Yielded very well, super easy to grow and nice trichome production. I didn't think I was going to have such an ongoing problem with PM else I would have put more effort in to keep her around.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Yes, Sorry should have clarified, but you did guess right! It was a freebie female seed. Yielded very well, super easy to grow and nice trichome production. I didn't think I was going to have such an ongoing problem with PM else I would have put more effort in to keep her around.

Weird.

This is their cheese I harvested a month or so ago or at least what was left of it

IMG 20180429 194014 231

And I know Critical is a mold magnet. Lost a whole outdoor plant to it.

PickleRick

PickleRick

Wow. I think standard mold or botrytis is not the same as PM, yes its in the same family etc, but the reason a strain is pm resistant is something pretty specific in its dna that does not all pm to take ahold. Different fungi have different modes of actions, life cycles etc.

Just an idea. I think it said it was good for pm on the strain description for it, or for the critical. They mention it on couple of strains so I think they do focus on testing and breeding in that aspect.

Top Bottom