Power Veg T5 Eye Hortilux

• Thread starter taxle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foxlink

Foxlink

Ok guys, as far as the bulbs burning your leaves: you are still using the regular either 6500K or higher, right, if I'm wrong let me know- the PowerVeg bulbs are MUCH cooler, and they don't burn the leaves as you think- the plants normally shoot straight up to the PowerVeg ones, but if you have the setup I think you do, the plants will grow well but they tend to burn on the higher Kelvin. There is a new set out from Hortilux and the PowerVeg colors have just been released. The ones I have are just for veggies atm, but they are awesome. The red is PowerVeg 660, the blue is PowerVeg 420. There are 2 others to the spectrum, check out their site. Best of luck to you all!

-Fox
IMG 0763
IMG 0765

H

Hdinkleman

i have a quantum board i am running at 135 watts, i put a eye hortilux power veg full spectrum +uv in a fixture and hung it in my tent.
how do i go abouts using this light? do i just run it on the same cycle as my quantum board? will the powerveg t5 full spectrum+uv burn my plants?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I didn't realize there was even a demand for something like this, the standard 6500K, T5HO bulbs work awesome for pre-veg and even Veg, clones and seedlings.. and they're like $5.
And for flowering I'd much prefer HID. But I can see how this is alluring to people wanting to flower with CFL's..

H

Hdinkleman

I didn't realize there was even a demand for something like this, the standard 6500K, T5HO bulbs work awesome for pre-veg and even Veg, clones and seedlings.. and they're like $5.
And for flowering I'd much prefer HID. But I can see how this is alluring to people wanting to flower with CFL's..

im trying to supplement uv light to my 3000k quantum board, not flower with cfl

dorjewright

dorjewright

Using the veg setup 2 420s, 2 460s and 4 uvs. I can say the girls are happy. Happier I dont know? I am though. With a 6 plant max the lights and fixture are a lot less work than a hood. No cooling issues and I think a lot less electricity. I havent really checked that out though.
Ill switch to HPS for flowering.

Foxlink

Foxlink

i have a quantum board i am running at 135 watts, i put a eye hortilux power veg full spectrum +uv in a fixture and hung it in my tent.
how do i go abouts using this light? do i just run it on the same cycle as my quantum board? will the powerveg t5 full spectrum+uv burn my plants?
The t5 bulbs won't burn your girls, the uv is actually something that they need the help to soak the nutrients that you feed them with. I DID and still use the powerveg's, but I also now use the LED groups- 8 bulbs are the LED (4 white, 2 reddish, 1 blues with uv, and 1 with white with blues), and 2 powerveg 420nm and 460nm. If you'd like to check my new setup, my new thing is 'Start to Grow Again!'. You'll see how well those bulbs work really well, especially since 4 1/2 weeks of growth.

-Fox

H

Hdinkleman

The t5 bulbs won't burn your girls, the uv is actually something that they need the help to soak the nutrients that you feed them with. I DID and still use the powerveg's, but I also now use the LED groups- 8 bulbs are the LED (4 white, 2 reddish, 1 blues with uv, and 1 with white with blues), and 2 powerveg 420nm and 460nm. If you'd like to check my new setup, my new thing is 'Start to Grow Again!'. You'll see how well those bulbs work really well, especially since 4 1/2 weeks of growth.

-Fox

this is how i have it hanging, it is 10-16 inches away from the closest-farthest leaves, does this look alright?

9A4AFFF0 597C 4734 B18F 39089B786D2C

H

Hdinkleman

kinda got a vertical hanging light thing going, i have one eye hortilux fs + uv and also a sunblaster cfl ( i dont know if it has uv) but am i correct in assuming that running this cfl will get enough uv to make any difference?

Top Bottom