Ppm/ph/temp Monitor

• Thread starter Scolymia7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Scolymia7

Scolymia7

Purchased monitor of eBay, and had a few questions/wanted to see if anyone has used a simular monitor? The one I bought is the Yescom6-1 one for 80 bucks. I didn't expect too much, but it was easy to set up and calibrate. It's for a small set up, I'm sure there's better products I just wanted something basic thats fairly accurate.

My general questions
Is there a down to leaving the probes submerged 24/7 in normal hydroponic nutrient?

Would it be better to rinse and dry after each use?

If you've used this product, did you have good experiences long term?

Thanks in advanced, Hope everyone has a great day :).

Ppmphtemp monitor
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I can answer your 1st two questions.

Do not leave in nutrient solution. A biofilm will result and throw your readings off.
Yes, rinse and clean every use. Edit What i meant to say is, at the minimum rinse but dont clean every-time. Sorry Clean your unit at least monthly. Rinse after every use. Read the manual and use whatever liquid they recommend storing it in. The probe needs to stay moist and not dry all the way out.

Get there recommended cleaning solution and clean the probe monthly. After cleaning monthly recalibrate at both ends of Ph range get some 4 ph and 7 ph calibration fluid and test at both ends. If you do these things the probe should last for years. :)

Last edited:
Scolymia7

Scolymia7

The instructions didn't mention anything about storage solutions, just said if it isn't used for a long period of time soak in plain water for couple hours then recalibrate. I've seen storage solutions while buying ph/ppm calibrators, I'll go ahead and get some. Wouldn't mind this thing lasting a couple years. Far easier than having multiple pens that might last a couple months lol. Thanks for the help.

jammie

jammie

hey there Scolymia- i have the same thing. had it for 6-7 years and i had to replace the ph probe once. long term you should store in the ph4 calibration solution. during the grow i store in ro water. definitely agree with jumpin, if you leave it in nutes continually will shorten life as will letting tip dry out

Latest posts

Top Bottom