ppm's for coco ??

• Thread starter bobby34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobby34

Hi Guys,

Ive got a few years under the belt in hydro but haven't a clue about coco. Im about to start a mother and would be interested in any tips please.

Ill be using canna nutes, and canna coco. Ive got a drip system ready to go just wondered about ppms??

What sort of level are you maxing out at on the 500 scale??. Hydro i don't exceed 600 for veg, Would this apply or is it too weak for coco.

whatthe215

whatthe215

i run 90% of my veg, small plants to big moms, at about 0.7 EC (350ppm on 500 scale) pH 5.7-6.1

specifically 1.8ml calimagic, 2ml floranova bloom and bit of prosilicate.

my veg is 1kw metal halides. if it was HPS perhaps i would raise the strength a bit, closer to 0.9EC.

i just switched back to FNB from canna after almost a year. the only positive i think canna has is that it mixes up so clear (you can't see it in reservoir) and flushes quicker from coco, should you get salt buildup.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

@bobby34

Yea CoCo, IMO is the best of both worlds, it can be forgiving like soil, and solid EZ feeding with rapid exchange of O2 and the root system..

I always pre charged my coco with a Calcium nitrate and Magnesium such as cal/mag @ 25% of full strength and a very light mix of standard nutes also like @ 25% too. Then let it sit for about 72hrs

Then before you go to use it Re-wet with 25% Nutes and Cal/Mag add your favorite potting technique, I use Azos and Capulators OG biowar in the coco during transplanting, as far as your feeding watering Maintenance of a mother, I can share with you only what I do . . . . .

If nutes at 100% during veg cycle are 850-1000 ppm INHO I would feed @225-300 max w/added Mag or micro when called for by the plant’s needs. . . . . Once a month I flush the 3-5 gal container I am using with 3-5 gal of 5.7 ph H2O . . . . . read the runoff feed @ lights on Nutes and right before lights out a small drink of straight H2O adjust as needed. Now as for a drip system, I cannot comment. Always have hand watered my Mothers. I wished I had seen your post sooner just to get the thread bumpin and let other coco growers chime in . . . .

Here are ny mothers 4mnths
10 11 14UD Flower 2

I mix the coco with expanded clay pellets too and a layer over the top to deter bugs . . . .
Sending super CoCo Vibes to YA
FlyJ

M

mulehunter

Im at 375ppm 3 weeks into veg looking good doing a test between soil and coco

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I feel like tons of people have been asking about canna coco lately, its the easiest and best bottled nuts I've used. A+B between 10-12 ml the whole run, ec should be between 650-900. PH doesn't need adjusting if its between 5.8-6.3, coco is easy, just make sure it stays saturated.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I feel like tons of people have been asking about canna coco lately, its the easiest and best bottled nuts I've used. A+B between 10-12 ml the whole run, ec should be between 650-900. PH doesn't need adjusting if its between 5.8-6.3, coco is easy, just make sure it stays saturated.
I love canna been using it for about six years and have converted many of the local growers over the years, great results with many different combos of the line. Just a and b works great using the whole line works great add calmag or not it doesnt seem to matter a whole lot as long as you know if the plant needs more or less and water correctly it works well. I have found that no ph adjusters are needed. No pre flush, no precharge, no added bottles of snake oil needed. I tell all my friends that I start on canna to use the whole line first run then start dropping all the additives and base your own opinion on whats needed. Over the years I have ran the canna line in every way imaginable, high ec, low ec , flushing, precharge, no precharge, adjusting ph, letting the ph ride, adding calmag, no added calmag, running the whole line, just a and b and everywhere in between. If there is one thing I know in this world inside and out it is canna coco and nutrients. I have had such great results with the canna line that I have not played with other companys additives much at all and that is where Im going next. I run multiple decent sized rooms with great environmental controls so side by side experiments are easy but its hard for me to experiment to much when I'm having great results. I love canna and I love the fact that so many people are having great results running it many different ways.

blazer

blazer

I love canna been using it for about six years and have converted many of the local growers over the years, great results with many different combos of the line. Just a and b works great using the whole line works great add calmag or not it doesnt seem to matter a whole lot as long as you know if the plant needs more or less and water correctly it works well. I have found that no ph adjusters are needed. No pre flush, no precharge, no added bottles of snake oil needed. I tell all my friends that I start on canna to use the whole line first run then start dropping all the additives and base your own opinion on whats needed. Over the years I have ran the canna line in every way imaginable, high ec, low ec , flushing, precharge, no precharge, adjusting ph, letting the ph ride, adding calmag, no added calmag, running the whole line, just a and b and everywhere in between. If there is one thing I know in this world inside and out it is canna coco and nutrients. I have had such great results with the canna line that I have not played with other companys additives much at all and that is where Im going next. I run multiple decent sized rooms with great environmental controls so side by side experiments are easy but its hard for me to experiment to much when I'm having great results. I love canna and I love the fact that so many people are having great results running it many different ways.
Well said @mittenmedgrow been using the A&B and love the simplicity and how stable it is, and puts out results!

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

After using just a and b and nailing it its kinda hard to go and drop the extra cash on additives when 90% of the patients cant tell a difference. I have met very few people that can tell the difference between the additive boosted nugs and just A and B base and I get top dollar either way. I have a couple friends that can tell the difference every time and they claim the nugs coming out of the additive rooms are a little bit stickier with more resin content and slightly better taste and smell. They ask for the " boosted" nugs , unfortunately I have been a long time cigarette smoker and I dont have the pallet of my non smoking friends but have to agree with them on the slightly higher resin content . I dont see a substantial difference at all and nothing that justifies the huge cost increase.

blazer

blazer

Nice info used to use line ups of other nutes got tired of mixing magical potions with 10 bottles lol chasing the PH swings then said I need to go to something simple and Canna coco and the A&B fit the glove, the additive are pricey so I never tried em and have been real happy with just the A&B so had been curious how much those pricey additives actually do and you answered it thanks again for the sharing your experience, thinking gots be something similar to the boost that's cheaper

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Just realized this thread is more than a year old. You just asked the million dollar question. The old bottles of boost said they were made from sugar beet vinasse the newer bottles say monopotassium phosphate and sugar cane vinasse. My understanding is that vinasse is a byproduct from turning sugar beets into crystalline sugar by some sort of fermentation process which also creates fulvic acids. I have tried using molasses as a substitute and have not seen it to be an alternative but I am no scientist, just a long time wannabe dead head , pot head and grower that grew up smoking the "dank " and "kind buds" from socal in the early to mid 90's .

DxHerms

DxHerms

I'm running canna coco with full line up. maxing out the boost. paying for it bigtime in costs, but the proof is in the pudding. solid 1gpw everytime. sealed room. I follow the feeding chart exactly. adding 3-5ML/G magical

Latest posts

Top Bottom