Preflower

• Thread starter RedJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RedJohn

First grow and I'm 1 week into flowering. Figured I'd see what you all thought I had. I'm afraid its male... First grow so any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Preflower
Smerb

Smerb

First grow and I'm 1 week into flowering. Figured I'd see what you all thought I had. I'm afraid its male... First grow so any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
It does look a little cocky! I would wait a few days to a week. It won't hurt your garden. Start new plants asap if you think they are male.
IMG 6926
IMG 6825
Here's an example of two dudes. Never bring dicks in yer garden.

H

hawkman

It's a "herme" can grow them and get seeds and get OK smoke - if that's you only plant !! other wise you will polliante others

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

To early to tell my friend wait another week u will know

R

RedJohn

Ok thanks! I just seen that shape and thought the worst... Looked like a ball to me. But I am a newb so I figured you all may know.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Ok thanks! I just seen that shape and thought the worst... Looked like a ball to me. But I am a newb so I figured you all may know.

Haha I should hope most of us would know lol but ya man to early to tell usually good to wait 2 weeks or sometimes 11 days after the flip and u will see def sign but every plant is different also most plants will show sex around 12-12 1/2 inches tall in veg I know your space is limited but just for your future reference (thumbs up)

R

RedJohn

Thanks i just seen that shape and my heart dropped. Just done a ton of research on it and from what I could tell I thought male. That's the first sign of any sort of preflower I could find. Plus they say males normally show sex first so that had me a little worried also.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If its male, those parts will grow out and hang down, if its fem hairs will grow out of it.
Thanks i just seen that shape and my heart dropped. Just done a ton of research on it and from what I could tell I thought male. That's the first sign of any sort of preflower I could find. Plus they say males normally show sex first so that had me a little worried also.

dannyk892009

dannyk892009

Looks male to me my friend. There are no white hairs protruding from those, correct?

R

RedJohn

None that I can see... Overnight it went from seeing one of those small balls here and there to 3 and 4 in a was with no hairs that I can see... Do females also have wads like that? Meaning groups of the "preflowers" as I call them.

R

RedJohn

Got one of them on a side view and it looks like 2 small something's coming from one of them. But they aren't very long at all. Gotta look super close but a couple of them look like they have 2 things coming out the end of them kinda.. How long does it take the hair to come after the female preflower itself shows up?

20170612 185140
dannyk892009

dannyk892009

The calyx that the pistil comes out of does form in the same area. It shows fairly quickly, which is why I believe you got yourself a boy.

R

RedJohn

Thanks everyone... I'm gonna give it a couple more days. But I'm gonna go ahead and start my next one on the 12 and 12 tonight. Its 10 inches tall. I've got that one and 4 others that were planted on may 12th. So I may as well get something started flowering that has a chance to be useful... Lol

R

RedJohn

Well gave it 1 more night. Today makes day 8 of flower and I got lots and lots of balls and no hair. I'm assuming now is the time to do away with it? Here are a few pics. Thanks for all the advise everyone. Its my first one and its just tough to let go of when I'm not 100%. That's why I came here for some wise thoughts.

20170613 183210
20170613 183229
20170613 183256
20170613 183345
20170613 183439
R

RedJohn

I flipped the lights on this evening and seen what looks like white hair at the main tops of the plant. Was really excited. Then I got to looking at all those preflower things and none of them have hair. What a rollercoaster. Lol

Top Bottom