Preparing For A New Grow Operation

• Thread starter Slowdogg73
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Slowdogg73

Hey all if things go the way there are predicting here in OK we may be able to grow legally for medical use. I grow a couple plants a year for personal consumption but am looking to in large and produce for the medical community if all goes well been looking at growing in shipping containers I live in the middle of nowhere and have no space issues and hopefully few regulatory issues if the law passes was wondering if I used a 8x8x40 container what would my lighting requirements be for a space that large from veg to flowering and figuring on about 80 to 100 plants in the space with the all the added cooling and venting equipment looking for any advice or help would be greatly appreciated

Papa

Papa

Supporter
welcome to the farm Slow.
growing indoor is all about control of the environment . . . and shipping containers don't aid much in that department. if the sun hits them, they bake inside, and they don't have insulation for when it gets cold. regarding your other question, most indoor growers use 50-60w/sq ft for lighting.

S

Slowdogg73

Thanks for the response I have been thinking about putting solar on top of them right now I store feed and other stuff in the 3 I have was just wanting to use the space I have available since I don't necessarily want to aquire more buildings in my place and don't have a basement to grow in and my storm shelter is not that big

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

There's a few growers that are risking shipping containers. I thought about it, but need more land.

I would paint the exterior with waterproof white paint to reflect the heat. On the inside, I would seal all seams, corners, edges, ect. Then using either rigid foam board for insulation. Then you'll need to supply power, run power, hoods, deheuy, air conditioner, fans, and security. And have fun with a 80-100 plant count. I do my legal 72 and work 7/365 and haven't had a full day off in 5 yrs.

S

Slowdogg73

Thanks for the advice yea running a regular farm is 24/7/365 especially during harvest and calfing but I will make note of your suggestions

N

Nitescan

There's a few growers that are risking shipping containers. I thought about it, but need more land.

I would paint the exterior with waterproof white paint to reflect the heat. On the inside, I would seal all seams, corners, edges, ect. Then using either rigid foam board for insulation. Then you'll need to supply power, run power, hoods, deheuy, air conditioner, fans, and security. And have fun with a 80-100 plant count. I do my legal 72 and work 7/365 and haven't had a full day off in 5 yrs.

Slow & Demon.... I insulated one of them containers with the rigid foam board here in Iowa, had to remove it after a few hot/cold cycles, mold had set in behind the foam, pure black when I removed the dang foam. Just something to think about insulating them containers. If I recall correctly it didn't take very long for this to happen, something like a couple of months.

fatawa

fatawa

i got one out back n thought about it too.i got a guy locally i wrk with from time n time n rocks one.you usualy gotta bury them to hav a chance.he cut hole n top of his n u walk down in it.like papa said they get HOT.and u either gotta use tons of spray foam insulation(which wud cut down sq ft) or let mother nature do it for u n bury that thing.and demon is right seal up everything and like said below him it wud mold without very good air exchange.my guy has 8"inline in/then 8" inline out to pvc above ground.looks like a septic setup from unknowing eyes.

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

5 coats of flex seal (white) outside would have sealed her up nice and tight. As for the mold and the spray foam, was there any moisture behind it? Did you spray on straight metal, Clean, decreased, powerwashed, and then repeated? I used to do show car auto body work. Prep is 90% of the job.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I have no where the experience but I would look for a much better space for 80-100.
But burying it would solve a lot of the container drawbacks.

Plus at 100 plants your talking somewhat of a 2 person job.

My buddy who produces on a mass scale in ca says they do 60-70 plants per guy. But I assume they party n get wild on weekends their click is an interesting bunch.

With 4 dudes they churn n burn 250 over n over again as quickly as they can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom