Pro Max Grow Leds

• Thread starter EverAfterOC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

EverAfterOC

I bought 2 Pro Max Max1200 lights. They pull 250w from the wall but are supposed to be equivalent to a 1000w HID (at 4' X 4' coverage). I am running these 2 lights and a 1000w HPS. I just flipped to flower 3 days ago. The plants under the LEDs are very healthy and look really good but nowhere near the results from the HPS. The HPS stalks are thicker and the foliage is considerably more dense.
The LEDs are supposedly full spectrum and require no ballast of cooling fans. The heat they produce is probably not ever 15% of what the HPS puts out. I never expected them to exceed the results of the tried and true HPS but my theory is that if I can achieve an 80% yield compared to the HPS, it is still a winner.
Question is, anyone else have experience with these lights?

Grow is 48 plants in soil. 5 gal pots. 16 plants per 4x4 table. completely sealed room. co2 injected. Growing Gorilla Glue #4 and Blue Dream Haze.

Pro max grow leds
Pro max grow leds 2
Stumpy420

Stumpy420

if you aren't getting the yield your quality needs to be better.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Thing is your comparing apples to oranges, the leds your using are at best a quarter the output of the 1k hps.
I'm a fan of lower wattage more lights kinda guy. if you can ditch the 1k hps and get more led's in place.
You will save money and have less issues.
As you come used to your leds and what they are capable of doing and with some tweeking. your yields will increase.

Improving quality...? hmm.. one is of Lights, more expensive high end leds I guess...
Another is fine tuning your grow.
You can improve quality by using clean water, organic or veganic or close nutrients, super soil, no hi heat temps,
and super cropping your plants.
And another is strain, but you got that.

E

EverAfterOC

Thing is your comparing apples to oranges, the leds your using are at best a quarter the output of the 1k hps.
I'm a fan of lower wattage more lights kinda guy. if you can ditch the 1k hps and get more led's in place.
You will save money and have less issues.
As you come used to your leds and what they are capable of doing and with some tweeking. your yields will increase.

Improving quality...? hmm.. one is of Lights, more expensive high end leds I guess...
Another is fine tuning your grow.
You can improve quality by using clean water, organic or veganic or close nutrients, super soil, no hi heat temps,
and super cropping your plants.
And another is strain, but you got that.

Thanks for that Bannacis. The lights have a 250 draw from the wall but are supposed to equate to a 1000 wat HID at a 4'X4' spread. Of course, I am skeptical but the manufacturer offers a 100 day test period. So if they don't cut the mustard, I get a refund. This is what made me try these over the others (that and the fact that they are a full spectrum with only white lights so no weird light color. I am sure the rest of the equation jives. Using RO water, Floranova nutes with appropriate micros, fox farms and empire builder fertilizer mix, brand new mini split 1 ton and proper cropping. Again, the LED fed plants look great, just not as good as the HPS.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Leds' label a 300 watter, but it actually draws close to 140-150 watts. Most led manufactures leds say a 3 watt chip is prolly like 2.2 watts or less? a 5 watt is 3.6 maybe...it varies that's why the strange difference. then there's lenss they put over them.
250 watt draw and looking good but not as close to as the 1k? easy on electric bill....less heat to deal with...
The quality at harvest can only tell you what you need to know.

Bannacis

Bannacis

I just went to pro max site. What kind of deal you get on 2 of those babies? 768 lights at 250 watt draw. those are 3 watt chips. nice. That they are white full spectrum is a big plus.
If you go to 5 or 10 watts you get a lot more heat.
At that price they should deliver, a lot of peeps have Chinese leds, they will do the job. but I think yours should be well ok.
def keep us posted on how they do.

E

EverAfterOC

I just went to pro max site. What kind of deal you get on 2 of those babies? 768 lights at 250 watt draw. those are 3 watt chips. nice. That they are white full spectrum is a big plus.
If you go to 5 or 10 watts you get a lot more heat.
At that price they should deliver, a lot of peeps have Chinese leds, they will do the job. but I think yours should be well ok.
def keep us posted on how they do.
You can do wholesale for about $1050 each. You have to call it in (can't get any deals on their site).

E

EverAfterOC

Got pics of panels bro,and what chips and drivers are used?thanks.
No pics but here is a series of youtube videos I have been posting to document the comparison of the ProMax 1200 vs a 1K watt HPS.

E

EverAfterOC

No pics but here is a series of youtube videos I have been posting to document the comparison of the ProMax 1200 vs a 1K watt HPS.

Here is an update on my comparison of the LED vs HID. The HID is the clear winner in terms of yield and bulk of the buds. The LED's have done a respectable job but don't have the canopy penetration. The yield will definitely be smaller from the LED but the only true gauge is when all is said and done as far as the operating cost difference. I'll be harvesting in approx 2 weeks and will post my findings.
Here are some pics.

4 17 16
4 17 16 1
4 17 16 2
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom