Proactive Russet Mite Treatment Question

• Thread starter turtlehams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

turtlehams

hey yall so last year i had a pretty severe russet mite problem. my farm is in humboldt county. me and a whole slew of other growers in the community battled last year for our crops.

my question is about what to do this year before plants are planted to reduce my risk of another breakout. we havent had the wettest of winters this year so in my case there wasnt too much snow. im at about 2300 to 2500ft above sea level. what things can i do to surrounding plants to insure they are not infected? should i even be worried about the bugs surviving the winter? products to use would be helpful. i know the one thing that worked for me last year better than any of the expensive biological products was sulfur powder. sprayed in early am and once the sun went down. we had them bad. i dont want to suffer through another year of craziness and depression.

thanks for the help yall

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
hey yall so last year i had a pretty severe russet mite problem. my farm is in humboldt county. me and a whole slew of other growers in the community battled last year for our crops.

my question is about what to do this year before plants are planted to reduce my risk of another breakout. we havent had the wettest of winters this year so in my case there wasnt too much snow. im at about 2300 to 2500ft above sea level. what things can i do to surrounding plants to insure they are not infected? should i even be worried about the bugs surviving the winter? products to use would be helpful. i know the one thing that worked for me last year better than any of the expensive biological products was sulfur powder. sprayed in early am and once the sun went down. we had them bad. i dont want to suffer through another year of craziness and depression.

thanks for the help yall
Take an airless paint sprayer and blast everything with heavy duty shit early....the ground, fences, the plants and trees around it.... Do it a few times early in veg and it should help a lot...a 315 paint stripe tip works good... So does a 415

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Sulfur, Grandevo, and Venerate would be my choice of sprays. Start from babies spray every single week, especially in veg when we always let out gaurd down because our plants are looking so healthy. Rotate the sprays and don't stop until you hit flower. I'm in NorCal same elevation I've been through this multiple times it really does blow! They can survive through winter but I'm sure your ok, just don't take plants from other gardens. I blasted the ground with sulfur I have no idea if that helped at all.

S

Shadrock5

Ladybugs????? I toss them in my closet and i mean dang they keep a plant clean
I know they would be hard to control outside but as long as theres food for them they hang out I do put them in my veggie garden and they seem to stick around and there cheap??? Just a thought from a total novice.

Top Bottom