Problem With Harvest (no Amber)

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

Hello,

I am just finishing a cycle of Cheese quake. The largest plants are still left because only the 2 runts finished. The large ones have leaves that are turning yellow and a couple of them have all their pistils dried up but no amber trichs. Most trichs are very milky but no amber. I don't have a big issue waiting a week or so but I am worried all the leaves will yellow and dry up before the trichs turn. The biggest buds still have a few little flowers stacking on but the main flower bundle is without fresh pistils.

Right now the biggest buds have leaves that are yellowing and brittle. If I let them go will the yellow leaves affect the quality of the buds? Never seem this one before but I have only been grown for about 3 years and this is my first run at Cheese Quake. Before I just ran Godberry as a mono-culture crop.

Maybe CQ is one of the strains with trichs that never turn amber.....

DP

Last edited:
MI.Woody

MI.Woody

Hello,

I am just finishing a cycle of Cheese quake. The largest plants are still left because only the 2 runts finished. The large ones have leaves that are turning yellow and a couple of them have all their pistils dried up but no amber trichs. Most trichs are very milky but no amber. I don't have a big issue waiting a week or so but I am worried all the leaves will yellow and dry up before the trichs turn. The biggest buds still have a few little flowers stacking on but the main flower bundle is without fresh pistils.

Right now the biggest buds have leaves that are yellowing and brittle. If I let them go will the yellow leaves affect the quality of the buds? Never seem this one before but I have only been grown for about 3 years and this is my first run at Cheese Quake. Before I just ran Godberry as a mono-culture crop.

Maybe CQ is one of the strains with trichs that never turn amber.....

DP
I look for half or more milky, a few ambers, and not many have "lost their heads". If they are mostly pointy its way late. Sounds like theyre ready to me. I also like it when they match the breeders days to finish. Like humans, our crops show their age and it's natural. I don;t like the small inner leaves to turn yellow, cep maybe the tips. IF your leaves dry and turn brown in the heart of the buds, they will disintigrate into a bad taste. I bend the bud back and nip or pluck them out at trim, not a fan of rooting around bud on the stem. I prune dry yellow leaves off.

Reactions: Ina
DGP

DGP

Thanks for the reply. After looking them over again I decided to chop all the rest with the exception of three that still have slightly less mature flowers. I have now harvested 4 of my seven plants and my total is already at 32 ounces (wet of course). The one really big plant (almost 6 feet tall) yielded 23 ounces. I can't believe I finally had a decent harvest out of my 4X4 flower room (1.5 sq meters). I am really excited about this strain.

Smoked way too much scissor hash tonight....

Top Bottom