PROBLEMS AGAIN

• Thread starter johnnyrex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I feel like a never ending battle with my ph just started a new round this time with UC solution nutrients now the my girls are about 2 weeks into veg they look fucken great I change the nutes yesterday put 2ml/ gal UC roots and 3ml/gal veg A&B and .5ml/gal cal-mag that put my ppm at 400 now before the change my ppm was at 430ppm and my ph stayed at 6.0 fine so far now that I change the solution I lowered the ph to 5.3 and it started to rise than this morning it was at 5.8 good so far. I thought finally I getting the swing upward as I have been battling the ph downward for my last 3 grows now this evening I check again and its at 5.3 hour later its 5.1 WTF now I pulled the net pots up to check my roots the roots are white as can be no brown no slime no nothing. Could it be 3 days ago that my unit stayed water chiller stayed off for 12 hours but roots like fine please advise thanks

T

tipper619sd

I feel like a never ending battle with my ph just started a new round this time with UC solution nutrients now the my girls are about 2 weeks into veg they look fucken great I change the nutes yesterday put 2ml/ gal UC roots and 3ml/gal veg A&B and .5ml/gal cal-mag that put my ppm at 400 now before the change my ppm was at 430ppm and my ph stayed at 6.0 fine so far now that I change the solution I lowered the ph to 5.3 and it started to rise than this morning it was at 5.8 good so far. I thought finally I getting the swing upward as I have been battling the ph downward for my last 3 grows now this evening I check again and its at 5.3 hour later its 5.1 WTF now I pulled the net pots up to check my roots the roots are white as can be no brown no slime no nothing. Could it be 3 days ago that my unit stayed water chiller stayed off for 12 hours but roots like fine please advise thanks

Well i know that i swing my ph for my plants. It tends to go up slowly over the days. then i add back after a lil calculating to get my ph back to where i started at. If u dont have a top off rez i would grab one with a float valve. will help out a bunch. I know that cs nutes have everything u need they even say to use tap water. So maybe its the cal mag u are putting in thats throwing off ur drink. But i am still learning myself but wanted to chime in. As others will also. hopes that helps mam

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Thanks tipper your right CS has everything even tap but my tap comes out at 40ppm very low I contact Daniel at current culture and he told me to add some cal-mag my plants were showing signs of cal-mag defenceny put some in and fix the problem but what I can't understand is that before the nutrient change it was fine and had cal-mag also but now it sucks oh FYI I do have a 50 gal top rez

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Are you running your top off hot or with tap and at what ph is your top off? How high is your water level in your UC? You said you have nice white roots, are the bottom and lower sides of your net pot fillled out or do you have pop out roots that are giving a nice mass lower than the net pots? Also, at what temps do you run your water at? Just some questions to knock around a few thoughts I'm having.. Have you found a spot to have your water tested yet, I know you were wanting one..

Camnibus

Camnibus

I use a tall boy and tap water. I've had kinda the same thing happen. Seems they only needed the mag., not the additional calcium. Switching to magnesium only fixed my issue.

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

I know this sounds kinda weird.. but have you checked the pump inlet line and filter for blockage. Might not be circulating good.

Good luck man...

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Thanks tipper your right CS has everything even tap but my tap comes out at 40ppm very low I contact Daniel at current culture and he told me to add some cal-mag my plants were showing signs of cal-mag defenceny put some in and fix the problem but what I can't understand is that before the nutrient change it was fine and had cal-mag also but now it sucks oh FYI I do have a 50 gal top rez
what made you decide to change out your nutes if the plants were doing so well ? if thing are going alright i won't change out my nutes (flush) until the last week of flowering . and when i clean out the UC the only crap that's in it is sand from the air stones .

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Usually I like to change every 2 weeks or so. They nutrients was low already and they were due also its a good way to accurately put the right amount cause in the past when they drink in the beginning I don't have the top off Rez connected cause there not drinking like that. So I don't know how many gallons are let and that made me to over power the solution. With me empting out and refilling I know how many gallons are going in and mix accordly. Well I check my roots again this morning

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

i think your to concerned about what the company tells you to put in, how many mils per gallon and how many times to flush when to flush when to add new nutes... I have never put what is recomended in my UC by the nute maker... The numbers on the back of the bottle/feed chart are what that company estimates what will be right... However they dont know what your plants look like or how much water your girls are drinking... I dont do rez changes except for veg to flower and flush before harvest... A lot of people will agree they do the same... Their is just no need for all the rez changes... TOP OFF that is all i dont have a seperate rez i just top off every 3-7 days depending on how big the plants are

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Weekly rez changes.. +1, every 10 days or so in early veg. Top off rez a HUGE +

smokie

smokie

What order did you do the mix of your nutes ?
24 hours and you went from 5.3 to 5.8 then down to 5.1 ?
What size air pump do you have vs buckets?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

In the first week I was having problems My plants looked all yellowish green I called the company up they tell me it might be Calmac because of my low PPM tapwater so I put in the Calmac and it straighten out the situation my pH was not going down. After the rez change I put in the veg A&B and then the UC roots and then the Calmag. I set the pH at 5.3 it went up to 5.8 and then 24 hours later and went back down to 5.1 I don't have my top off Rez on now I do I filled it with Tapwater Hempwood .5 mL of Calmag put the Float up alittle it dump some water in the epicenter now my ph is at 5.6 and holding ill check on it tomorrow ill let you guys know how it goes.

Also I have a 4 site 13 gal 40" center my pump is a 350 the size that come with the unit water temp 67 air temp 80-81 lights on 600ppm co2 and 70-71 lights off and 60-68 RH lights on

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Well I happy to update that since I hooked up my top off Rez with tap water and .5/ml cal-mag my ph has been rising again slowly it started from 5.1 to 6.0 today this afternoon the girls or looking amazing nice growth and lush so hope it stayed this way once it hit 6.3 ill ph down to 5.3 and let it rise again also.

BCboys

BCboys

5.1-6.0 in 24 hours? How long do you typically wait before you take measurements, after adjusting?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I have a blue lab gardurian so it monitors constantly actually its though a 2 day period I turned on the Rez Friday afternoon and this is Monday morning the ph is 6.4 I just adjusted it back down to 5.3 let's see how long it takes for it to get back to 6.3 thanks

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I have a question is there a correlation between the strength of the nutrient and PH swing? The reason is this round I'm using CC nutes first time and I couldn't be happier looks like my best run so far, I'm half way through week 3 And I started week 1 with (700ppm scale) 300ppm and everything was taking off plants drink from 300ppm down to 100ppm ph swing was upwards week 2 bumped up to 450ppm also drink down to 200 ppm but when the nutes are up in the high 300 or 400 the ph swings up once they drink and its down in the low 300 or 200 the ph goes down.

Like I said I'm in week 3 I started week 3 on Sunday started with 550ppm and ph 5.1 started the ph to swing up yesterday Wed the ph was at 5.7 and ppm down to 390ppm this morning Thursday I check and its down now to ph 5.4 and nutes down to 320ppm and anybody help thanks

Growboy

Growboy

in week two and three are you topping off the system your is your rez? and is your rez just water or does it have nuts in it?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

in week two and three are you topping off the system your is your rez? and is your rez just water or does it have nuts in it?

Thanks growboy for your reply in fact I am I have a 55 gallon drum with just tap water 60ppm and 7.5. Ph I have notice when I ran nutes my ph would drop all the time but since putting plain tap my ph would swing upwards and my plants would drink lots of water my plants look crazy good I have never gotten them to look so big and health.

are your temps swinging a lot?

pH is temperature dependent.

You know now that you mention temp dependent my temps are swinging alot matter a fact the last 2 weeks I'm having a problem I have a window ac in my tent and I always had it on energy saver I put at 72f and it keeps my tent at 80f I ran bare bulbs and co2 but the last 2 weeks I don't know if its the sensor but the ac runs more than usual it bring it down to 67 than 73 or 77 sometime as high as 84 also it run on 240 volt so what I'm doing is this weekend in going to take the plug apart connect it to a light controller with 120volt trigger and have the trigger connect to a sentinel temp controller so it can regulate the temp more precisely

Latest posts

Top Bottom