Proper Flushing?

• Thread starter Ray Bone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ray Bone

Ray Bone

I have a couple of plants outdoors and will start to flush in a couple of days. I’m using FoxFarm Tiger Bloom and ChaChing. But what’s the proper way to flush and for how long. Some people told me 2 weeks, some say 3. What would you guys do?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
2 weeks, water only, water till you get good runoff, then let her dry out, top 2 inches, and rinse and repeat . Usually a mature plant will take about 2 days to dry out after a good flush, looking at about 5-6 watering to get her flushed good. I flush with a light molasses mix in my water. Improves the trichs richness. Won’t produce more trichs at this stage but it helps profile the flavor a good deal.

Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
2 weeks, water only, water till you get good runoff, then let her dry out, top 2 inches, and rinse and repeat . Usually a mature plant will l take about 2 days to dry out after a good flush, looking at about 5-6 watering to get her flushed good. I flush with a light molasses mix in my water. Improves the trichs richness. Won’t produce more trichs at this stage but it helps profile the flavor a good deal.

Have you ever used molasses during your grow? I know biobizz has some in it which is probably why I’ve had such good luck with it. Just curious.

To answer the OPs question in organic soil I don’t really do a proper flush but just feed water the last two weeks. Mostly so the plant can use up the remaining nutes so I’m not throwing away good money. Two weeks is a good rule of thumb like Jack Og said.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Have you ever used molasses during your grow? I know biobizz has some in it which is probably why I’ve had such good luck with it. Just curious.

To answer the OPs question in organic soil I don’t really do a proper flush but just feed water the last two weeks. Mostly so the plant can use up the remaining nutes so I’m not throwing away good money. Two weeks is a good rule of thumb like Jack Og said.
I use Mollases in every plant I grow, that jack 1 plant, been getting a regular Mollases regiment before flowering flip and through 3 weeks, then back during the last 2 weeks at a lower dose. Usual dose is 2tsp/ gallon or 10mlml/ gal. With cal mag
Then any flowering s feed you use.
In organic and normal amended soils. Haven’t done it in coco or hydro so dunno if that’s viable in that media. Shit does well plus the macro nutrients it has is phenomenal for the price point. Forget bud candy! Use Mollases! Lol

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I just bought some bud candy to try out. I’ve heard good things. A relative bought me an amazon gift card for my birthday so I used that. No way in hell im forking out money for it without knowing how well it really works, ha. I don’t really like AN as a company in general but if it works then I might make my own.

Figured this would be an easy way of trying it out. I know my fert has some in it so I’m curious if this will work against it or help.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I just bought some bud candy to try out. I’ve heard good things. A relative bought me an amazon gift card for my birthday so I used that. No way in hell im forking out money for it without knowing how well it really works, ha. I don’t really like AN as a company in general but if it works then I might make my own.

Figured this would be an easy way of trying it out. I know my fert has some in it so I’m curious if this will work against it or help.
It’s a carb load basically Mollases with some flavoring agents , they do work well, won’t knock it but prices are steep when Mollases will do the same thing for a fraction and low risk! Lol. But I’ve used bud candy for years and like I said it works! Just watch the airflow and if outdoor the dew. The buds will be dense and a very high potential of bud rot. So just ensure the environment will support the heavy dense buds. Up your watering, same amount but say twice a day at half the normal amount. Once in am and once “lights out “. And keep the humidity low. She will rock!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
1st pic is the og kush
2nd is the true og kush
3rd is the j1
Both has been getting Mollases
3rd week of flower, check those trichs

03E59E77 B800 4EA6 98B2 1090B23B84E5
52E6D2E2 4581 4D23 A91F 882FB876D533
F31F9299 78E7 4E73 9923 D2FFC648F09D
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Nice pics im 26 days into flowering some gg4 i was thinking about useing som molas also
Sweet looking plants! 1tsp per gal to start them up to 2 after the 4th use. I use cal mag with Mollases every time. Just watch the humidity when using Mollases! They get Dense and need a dryer environment so more watering along with a dehumidifier keeping a good balance of around 50-% till before chop, 35% 2weeks before chop. Helps the shit get rock hard!!

G

Gg4beg

So im new at grkwing its my first time going with hps and mh with fox farm nutes when should i stop useing my nutes

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Well how far are u and what have you been using?
In flower I use nutes for flowering to about the 5th-8thweek of flower (sativa hybrids/ some are longer though/, shorter flowering; indica often longer)depending on strain. Then I use cal mag with all my watering, I’m on RO water so I need the boost plus it adds a slight amount of nitrogen that plants need and I cut off all nutes 2-3 weeks before I harvest.
All depending on soil, strain and plant conditions.
Some use it all the way through but just simple go 1/2 to 1/4 strength by end of life. Most vendors can give you a grow chart based on the nutrients you are using. Follow that and once u get a few grows under your belt you will know what your situation needs and how they react.

G

Gg4beg

Well how far are u and what have you been using?
In flower I use nutes for flowering to about the 5th-8thweek of flower (sativa hybrids/ some are longer though/, shorter flowering; indica often longer)depending on strain. Then I use cal mag with all my watering, I’m on RO water so I need the boost plus it adds a slight amount of nitrogen that plants need and I cut off all nutes 2-3 weeks before I harvest.
All depending on soil, strain and plant conditions.
Some use it all the way through but just simple go 1/2 to 1/4 by end of life.
Im using big bloom and tiger bloom. Im 26 days into flowering and my strain is gg4

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Im using big bloom and tiger bloom. Im 26 days into flowering and my strain is gg4
Keep the same feed for another 2 weeks then every week cut the feed by half. Till 6-7weeks into flower and you can by then start gauging trichomes, once they look glassy and clear and the plant looks like it’s fattening up, you have about a 3week window. Most organic soil doesn’t need flushing just cutting back on the feeding by 1/2-1/4 gradually will do the trick.

G

Gg4beg

Keep the same feed for another 2 weeks then every week cut the feed by half. Till 6-7weeks into flower and you can by then start gauging trichomes, once they look glassy and clear and the plant looks like it’s fattening up, you have about a 3week window. Most organic soil doesn’t need flushing just cutting back on the feeding by 1/2-1/4 gradually will do the trick.
I use fox farms ocean soil

G

Gg4beg

Whats your take on triming the fan leaves all around where there are no buds

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I use fox farms ocean soil
Yes it’s a very good soil so I wouldn’t worry about flushing, just start easing up on the feeding once the Trichomes are fully developed.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Whats your take on triming the fan leaves all around where there are no buds
Pics to better accertain what we are talking about, but I do defoliate around week 4 flower if very dense . Look up lollipoping. Most lower leaves go and some large fan leaves if they are looking ragged go. I pick a few leaves daily after week 5 to force the plant into overdrive. It Freaks the plant into thinking it has a predator and forces it into making more trichs and also to force finishing in long flowering plants.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
To me all that is unnecessary lol just stealing energy away from the buds
Yea pick those out , it improves airflow, prevents molds. And sends nutes to areas where it’s needed more. But remember not to go over board, few a day ok. And also since the plant won’t be using as much nutes cut your feed in half as there are not many leaves left to utilize the nutes. Defoliation is a pro to advance growing Technic so be so be gentle and do go too far till you know what the plants do

Top Bottom