Proper Mix For Soil

• Thread starter LordHill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LordHill

I currently have the following available..

Worm Castings
Fox Farm Ocean Floor
Happy Frog Potting Soil
Mother Earth BioChar
Miracle Grow Seed Starting Potting Mix
Perlite

I would like to start my first grow in soil. Currently have sprouts just breaking the surface of my peat pucks and am getting ready to get their future pots ready. I am using 3 gallon fabric pots for this grow. My question, with these soil options available, what would be a good blend? Ratios of each? Grow is going to be indoor, LED lighting, 2x4x5 foot tent.

These soil options are what my readings have lead me to believe are acceptable soils for marijuana, but none of the articles mention mixture ratios. Any input would be greatly appreciated

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

Worm Castings
Fox Farm Ocean Floor
Happy Frog Potting Soil
Mother Earth BioChar
Perlite

I would like to start my first grow in soil. Currently have sprouts just breaking the surface of my peat pucks and am getting ready to get their future pots ready. I am using 3 gallon fabric pots for this grow. My question, with these soil options available, what would be a good blend? Ratios of each? Grow is going to be indoor, LED lighting, 2x4x5 foot tent.

These soil options are what my readings have lead me to believe are acceptable soils for marijuana, but none of the articles mention mixture ratios. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Roll with the fox farm. Mix in a 5 gallon bucket 1/2 bucket soil 3 cups worm castings, 2 cups perlite. 2 inch layer of perlite in the bottom of the pot for drainage and aeration. The rest is not needed.
F21F3474 5B9E 48D9 9116 09F210007637
7F06E27F E6E3 4939 82DE 1695B1FCC423
7A782035 140E 4484 82AC 9CC88F605C92

L

LordHill

Excellent! Thank you for the info. That will be exactly what I do.

Reactions: Ina
Bitters420

Bitters420

I use a 50/30/20 mix of Happy Frog/ Ocean Forest/ Perlite on top of about 2" perlite for better drainage. The Ocean forest runs a little hot.

CannabisJack

CannabisJack

Worm Castings
Fox Farm Ocean Floor
Happy Frog Potting Soil
Mother Earth BioChar
Perlite

I’d always start a grow with Fox Farm Happy Frog with a little added perlite for better water flow and aeration for the roots (more roots = higher yields) if you use fabric pots this will also help with water flow and aeration, but they’re messy and probably more suitable for outdoor grows.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest I start using once my plants “mature” a bit and can handle a little more nutrients. I’ll usually add 40% to 50% extra perlite and mix half and half Ocean Forest and Happy Frog for my ultimate mix for my final grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom