Pruning during veg. state

• Thread starter redeyechiller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redeyechiller

Plants are mostly at 1 month grow, is it cool to prune(cut-off) the old larger leaves? Seems like they are blocking some needed light to the smaller ones under them and in between them. Should we start at the bottom ones first being they are the oldest and largest ones??? Please Advise!

R.E.C.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
if it is not dead leave it alone.

jj

R

Rolln J

you might want to prune out some of those branches that are real low and not getting any light - the leaves are important for respiration and photosynthesis.

but low branches, especially the first 6-10 inches off the bottoms can be cut out to allow all that energy to go to branches/ buds that are getting light.

what type of light are you using and whats your grow style (SoG, ScroG etc)

R

redeyechiller

Thanks All!!!

Yes thanks to all who responded!! I will be flowerin' in about 4 weeks time still. We are in 6in pots on a free-style drip(no- emitters), with 2-2ft. dbl. T5 set up.

REC

archaicatoms

archaicatoms

Pruning, fiming/toppinng, and supercropping can be very stressful for the plant, but helpful for yield and quality. Different plants in different environments can handle different amounts of stress... With that said, I say go for it, if your plants seem healthy. I would probably prune the bottom 1/3 of the plant and any inner leaves that are shading bud sites depending on your grow style(SOG,SCROG etc). Especially if it is a sat/sat dom. I assume your scrog or sog w/T5. The T5 lighting probably is not going to penetrate more than 2' in the end (more like 1.5'). So you need to compensate for stretch with your height and light penetration restrictions. To be on the safe side, stop manipulating them 1wk before flowering IMHO. Try not to strip it all at once. Try half now, half 1wk out from flowering.

Now that I think about it, 4 weeks more vegging probably means you're scroging under those T5's, Anything under a scrog cannopy is LARF(worthless trimming nightmare). So trim what would be larf and any large inner leaves to open up the middle of what would be the cola(meristem).:harvest:

M

Michael_Eaton

It all depends on your style of grow... And different strains definitley respond differently to training...

What are you going to flower with (Lights and square footage)? How long have you been vegging? Plant count? etc...

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Does my plant look healthy it’s under 250 watt fluorescent and I trimmed off some l aces due to dying

I'd check your timer. Seems a lot of 3 finger leaves. Either the pheno is a "duck foot" light whore pheno (like my grape og), or a bad timer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom