Pure Mikado

• Thread starter Neta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
colostoney

colostoney

hell I have a Mikado cut from the early 90s came out a marcs Vancouver seed company friends I'm not certain which .
it is definitely not extinct Ive shared hybrids of it all over and in fact about anything ya see today anywhere with Mikado came from my stocks
good taste in seed though as far as a med type indica Mikado is the bomb and can not be beat

Neta

Neta

Great! Really tried for this one as seeds were hard to find! Mikado beats them all keep it pure ! Good to know my 25 seeds are not all thats left. It was grown outside Had mites and lost a lot of leaves, would do great in Hydro or warm countrys :)

Neta

Neta

hell I have a Mikado cut from the early 90s came out a marcs Vancouver seed company friends I'm not certain which .
it is definitely not extinct Ive shared hybrids of it all over and in fact about anything ya see today anywhere with Mikado came from my stocks
good taste in seed though as far as a med type indica Mikado is the bomb and can not be beat

burn4me

burn4me

Hell yeah great stuff. I got a (old federation) mikado x green crack. Would love for some more shots of yours. And what males it such a great strain for you? Everyone has different reasons. And welcome to the farm.

Neta

Neta

Its very strong and has that berry taste, grows really big and finishes early, longest high, about 3 hours! Have made cookies from it too quiet unique :) you need to take good care of it as it will get mites or mould, a dense plant lots of sticky buds, thats my reasons! And thanks for The welcome :)

burn4me

burn4me

Awesome. Sounds fantastic and i knew its old and special thats why the breeders that made the mix with gc. I cant wait to see what mine does. Nice nodes on her and is it a trait of Mikado having wide spaced finger fans?

colostoney

colostoney

well lol Im glad some folks still love her. I ran her exclusive as a mono crop prob 10 years straight or more in my extreme indica addiction days
I got more in more into skunks and ogs and extreme haze cuz the sativa helps my depression more and seems like nowadays sativas are popular here
for a while a few years back all I had was Mikado and all the younger gen thought it was way too heavy in couchlock
and ya guys nailed it about growing it ...
it is extremely timid in ways and wont take abuse like a lot these hybrids nowadays and it is very hard to clone, hates to extreme hot temps and it is one them very
tastey kinds a bud the bugs go ape shit for it sucks but it yields a lot better than ogs by far and there is something medically special about Mikado
the most seriously hurt folks suffering the worst physically from you name it always want it
I don't grow much of the pure Mikado I have now but more than 90% what I produce I save for chemo folks or terminal or like back problem people kickin opiates
the indica terp profile present in the Himalayan indica Mikado comes from has a very unique pain killing and mentally soothing ability
that heck Im such a fruitcake I took for granted about 94-04 in a total indica zonked out stupor I grew hundreds a seed strains in this time and if it didnt hit
like mik I shit canned them I mean a ton a great cuts gone forever lol...now I primarily enjoy a couple mik hybrids I cooked up in the dungeon
my seeds were shared to me by Emery and all he said at the time that they were from his friends grow and the buds were bad ass chunky coke cans that would purple up in cold and it was supposed to be the latest fastest 45 day strain back then lol I take her 70 like most all
federation came out with them a couple years later so I just assume we either got the same genes or federation was Marcs friends but just wasn't known as federation then.

My cut I have today is actually 85% the original Mikado I had and 15% thunderfuck /mighty mite.....
original the Mikado I had was very strong smoking and good but only yielded lil ugly nuggets so I bred it out
and back crossed several generations for a cola before i chose the cut ive had about twenty years
she is getting old though sometimes I think im gonna loose her cuz she wont clone anymore and then I find some new trick to revive her genes
wish I could find someone doin petri work Id love to revive her back to what she was in like 94 or 95
Ill dig some pics up when I aint super retarded preoccupied

Neta

Neta

It all makes sence! The story on these seeds are that they were given as samples from this Tiny seed bank, first got them in 2009 and grew the first Mikado, loved it :) so in 2011 got seed again and again Mikado as a test, they have been sitting on a shelf until april this year and as luck had it, one male and one female grew. Didnt think they would be good as i think The practice is to give old seeds as freebees but there you are 100% Mikado! Let me try sprout and if all goes well maby we cold swap some? Only have few! But your right its a good medical one. And being that aware you need to get it back ;-) show me pics please :)

colostoney

colostoney

well im not exactly into sharin pics much anymore but good luck with your project and I only am local only nowadays local only exclusive
I got a ton a work with the Mikado so if I ever did loose the original which I doubt me and a few that have a lil mini cult of the cut local
I could find something closer in my stock than I could buy anywhere and Im actually networkin to have her reborn on a petri this
restarts that bullshit in accumulated issues that makes old cuts age and part of its me I just don't give a fuck about growin weed no more
Id love to see a more "pure" Mikado but I haven't even federations didn't look near as good as mine when they first released it in like 96 or 97
Im just more honest saying mine was backcrossed a few times in the nineties in other words I improved it see then I spread it all over the canna scene
all over the world tpoo no tellin where it went I know I got a few dane friends put there lol
most around today considered pure is actually descendent or backcross of my plant for instance a lot a pure Mikado ya see is actually Mikado /mikadoxg13hp or a few other back cross projects I did
way back

hint most plants with the original Mikado genes firmly expressed get these pink ass hairs sometime about halfway bloomin

peace

Neta

Neta

Thanks! Must be one of yours then ;-) did get pink hairs, but when fertilized they were green, also it went pink purple on the stems if you look at the seed pic you can see. Keep your Mikado going and I will mine ,thanks for the explanation :)

colostoney

colostoney

no problem
nice lookin plant ya got
and welcome to this site the structure is no doubt Mikado certainly they are prob at least related some how
I think youll enjoy sme the friendly folks her's knowledge too
im sorta on the special ed list here but what does anyone really know
anymore

Neta

Neta

Be proud of your Mikado;-) you did great work! Hope you keep just a little love for growing! Think im in luck looks like sproutings going on! nice to have you here, allways wanted to know more about this one! Thought that it came from Japan org. Probably a silly conclusion and because kind green buds write what they do :)

FishGutz19

FishGutz19

I just recently found out about Mikado, and what she can produce. I was excited enough that I hunted down some seeds from Hazeman, it's a hybrid of (Purple Erkle × Headband) x Mikado. Purp Erk and Headband have been in my top 5 flavors of cannabis for some time now, so just thinking about a hybrid between them all just sounds epicly tasty and dank as hell. Can anyone back up the 'Dreamweaver' from Hazeman?

Freshone

Freshone

I have some mikado crosses i made years ago and also some from motarebel.The cut i had back then was from federation and came to me from some colorado buddies.

FishGutz19

FishGutz19

I have some mikado crosses i made years ago and also some from motarebel.The cut i had back then was from federation and came to me from some colorado buddies that no longer visit the farm.
That's dope. It seems like anyone who has mikado or a cross of it, seems to hold on to it for years.

Jimmy chonga

Jimmy chonga

Hello all. First time poster. I grew mikado from seed in 2003 along with a couple other fed/next gen varieties like dynamite and romulan.
I picked out that pheno. It was #3 for me. It grew weird 1 2 and 3 blade leaves. Loved being topped and grown short and bushy. Knew a guy named darkman from bc who trained it to the ground once like a strawberry plant with over 200 bud sites. I grew it organic, flushed and cured it tasted strongly of raspberries. I used to cut it in 42-50 days.

Got some mikado x sourbubble cross but I haven't found the pheno yet

Next gen seeds are back again selling some popular old bc strains, I'm still obsessing over that mikado pheno, especially now that I can legally grow my own medicine in Canada.

Anyone has the real mikado let me know. I'd love to grow the emperor again

Top Bottom