PURE oil made without BHO..

• Thread starter bluejay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluejay

Ok this is out of the box thinking but it works on small scale....

Every time I clean my vap whip with ISO, I evaporate the alcohol and am left with nice golden thc oil...

So why not make a larger scale vaporizer that would mechanically blow into a chilled glass dish in a encloser. If you were running the right temps you would collect all the thc thats already decarbed and ready for a tincture.

B

bdawgburner

wow cool idea. so would you get the amount of thc you would normally vape in oil?

L

Lost

Your heating the thc thus activating it right? I dunno how long the converted chemical lasts..

Have you ever done iso oil? Just wash fresh buds in a mason jar 1/4 filled with as pure iso as you can find. 30 seconds to a minute is all thats needed for the wash. Then double boil down till you have powder (past the oil stage)..

B

Bigb89

Nice Lost do similar iso method myself minus boiling i just wait for it to evaporate but been doin this for while now with stems and shake every couple weeks and have amazed almost every friend that sees it that my plate of hash (kif) dependin how you look at it is from nothin but the stems and stuff they throw away. haha good stuff for budget smoker some impurities do carry over if not careful but worth it considerin hash would buy isnt from known source either so it works. Good stoner ingenuity if ask me

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Anyone ever tried thc acetate? its sposta be twice as potent, I have read the book cannabis alchemy by D Gold and the process is quite simple but I'm too scared to work with acidic anhydride...

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
people say moderns strains wont benefit much from that process as i recall.

P

purpleblockhead

i use butane 2 make my oil, i spray the butane threw tubes with my cuttings in them and the oil drips threw silk in2 a pirex plate i keep on top of boiling water, i do it out side cause of the smell, the oil is top of the line fire

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
you bet it is. and also its not safe to do it inside bro, those butane fumes can explode.

P

purpleblockhead

when im done i let the left over cuttings air out then throw in a bbq pit and burn them, they go up like gas!!! poof!!! they are super flameable

fractal

fractal

I found some lab grade 99% "hyakol" methyl alcohol. I am trying the "rick simpson" crockpot method with a 1 hour soak in the freezer with pre-cooled hyakol and getting excellent results. I think that the flavor and effect are very close to butane oil, it is much darker but spread it out and you can tell it is a deep amber, almost blood red oil.

Tried this because 4 gallons of hyakol can be delivered for under 100 bucks. Half the cost of butane and it is not as labor intensive as butane oil. Will try butane again to compare, I really like 99% alcohol though. Would of course prefer ethyl alcohol.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

Hexane

Hexane is used to extract edible oils from seeds and vegetables, as a special-use solvent, and as a cleaning agent. Acute (short-term) inhalation exposure of humans to high levels of hexane causes mild central nervous system (CNS) effects, including dizziness, giddiness, slight nausea, and headache.

fractal

fractal

Hexane looks to be $16 per gallon + hazardous fees per case, same as hyakol. Doh, should have done more homework. Just saw a thread from "thegardenscure" about it, no doubt the hexane looks like honey oil.

Shamelessy plaigarized this from that thread:

"I know that there are a lot of people who are skeptical about using a chemical they may never have heard of to prepare something they are going to smoke.

Time to dispell some myths:
Hexane is one of the most common solvents used in the food industry. It is the solvent of choice used to prepare any fatty substances, due to ease of use, safety, purity of product, and high yields. Hexane is used to prepare cocoa butter, cooking oil, vanilla, and many other essential oils. It is also used to remove the fat from, and prepare, defatted flour and defatted soy.

Many people (myself included) are skeptical of boardmembers who post statements without references. For these people, here are some references to get you going:

"Hexane is manufactured to the high standards required by the food and extraction industry."
--> from Shell's Datasheet on Hexane Extraction
-->Available online at

"Hexane is the extraction medium used for the bulk of canola oil which is sold into the commodity grocery chain market as well as to the food industry. "
-->From "Canola Info"
--> Available online at

The Extraction Solvents in Food (Amendment) Regulations 1998
(A table with accpetable uses of hexane in the UK)
http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si1998/19982257.htm

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

i havent met anyone in person that has used it
but ive seen few samples

makes me curious like little george the monkey

Top Bottom