Purp-fest 2017

• Thread starter MamaBear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funk junky

Funk junky

I think the first one was dread bread and the second from seed was reno genetics tangie x c99
can you give me some info on dread bread high, does it lean to sativa or indica or balanced, aromas, stretch at onset of flowering. was strain I was looking at but am edging towards the mango hashplant now

stiffneck

stiffneck

can you give me some info on dread bread high, does it lean to sativa or indica or balanced, aromas, stretch at onset of flowering. was strain I was looking at but am edging towards the mango hashplant now

Have not tried it yet. Most are tall and stretch but some are shorter and squat. Some of the plants have hybrid type flowers and some have more indica flowers. One phenomenon is sativa looking to me with thin leaves and a 12 or more week flower time. Out of the pack I think I have three or four I would like to run. Couple of these I have a feeling g will do great outside.... and I can't smell or I would tell you what they smell like.... :)

Funk junky

Funk junky

you cant smell? damn was gonna say rather be blind but that could be tricky if growing youre own. ace seeds do a fem version the photo shows a plant at full potential outside I believe. looks like they used a slightly sativa leaning fem id say but enough indica to add weight

M

MamaBear

I thought I was nuts.
I've had plants like that - they usually grow out of it eventually by splitting. Every seed I sprouted of Ayahuasca Purple grew like that.
APi

Not sure if that is polyploidy though - would need to get a chromo count. There are other things that can cause plants to do that. Looks like some weird form of Siamese-twins. But you can see how some parts of the plant are effected but not all. Cannabis is such a cool plant - as a species, it has more variations and mutants than any other plant I know. Which is a GOOD thing - else all our weed would be the same! YUK!!

stiffneck

stiffneck

I've had plants like that - they usually grow out of it eventually by splitting. Every seed I sprouted of Ayahuasca Purple grew like that.
View attachment 797584
Not sure if that is polyploidy though - would need to get a chromo count. There are other things that can cause plants to do that. Looks like some weird form of Siamese-twins. But you can see how some parts of the plant are effected but not all. Cannabis is such a cool plant - as a species, it has more variations and mutants than any other plant I know. Which is a GOOD thing - else all our weed would be the same! YUK!!

I almost think it's something here like the water or something. I have had multiple mutations the last couple years. I personally have not grown a third eye yet....

lino

lino

Cool! Would like to hear your lecture.
My understanding is:

POLYPLOIDS = extra chromosomes in every cell. Cuts taken from anywhere on the plant will be the same. Happens at the first cell split so all cells end up this way. True genetic freaks and wonderful plants to work with.

MIXIPLOIDS = extra chromosomes in some cells but not all - a plant can have cells that are diploid, triploid, tetraploid, etc all on the same plant. Taking cuts can give you different plants. Also true genetic freak - usually happens when seedlings are treated with colchicine and not all cells split correctly (man-made Franken-bud).

POLYMORPHISM = problems/changes with specific alleles that cause phenotypes (like blue eyes and green eyes). Both have the same genes for "Blue Eyes" but small changes at that allele site cause blue to become green.
So GREEN is a variant of "Blue Eyes".
And HAZEL is a variant of "Brown Eyes".
This has nothing to do with the number of chromosomes though.
ya thats a good example, and when genetic guys ask questions for their lab stuff it helps us to assist in identify monomorphasim and polymorphs out in the field.

tri and Polyploid s,

Linked traits in alloploids
With the good traits also comes bad traits, and in some cases all good traits but rare. The more reports I read i Know there are many examples of Linked Traits, (some sex linked traits, (effecting males or females)) in polypoidy organisms. Not good for straight up cannabis breeding 70% - 90%. in other word clones of clones could be susceptible to pathogens.

your dealing with a different species (with your cannabis polyploidy's) you have a clone of my speciation experiment, cannabinus, I'm looking for a polypoidy cannabinus,,, watch these videos and you'll get an idea of what we're trying to pull off ... and always make sure to breed to those ((cannabinus x your cannabis polypoidy)) keep experimenting. Ive tried fimming both flowers and some chemicals . I want seeds and cuts plszzzzzzzzzzzzz if you have any success.. You have my most rare plant, cannabinus diploid.

Fertile vs infertile - seed term (inert)
We can tell the geneticist by finding our dead embryo production... member that lecture in peapods where as I compared pea-pods to cannabis buds? dead babies... we track the same in dishes and tubes.
Ever eat the sweet melons with little 100% inert seeds. Ever get those big seed but dead babies inside in almost every seed could be in the chromes ? There is a way to control that also. This can indicate that you have polypoids chromes, ppl grow the seed but male or female or both are inert so the genetics cant be duplicated.

no need to understand the (n) stuff, this video gets a little deep but a necessary primmer to see what I'm trying to pull off with my experiment cut you have... ignore all the math , just understand Odd & Even number of chromes and effects on mules and fertility like the pea-pod lecture I gave.

ppl dont look at 3 and (4 and 5 ) chromes as different species but theses 3 and 4 node plants in some cases can be mules or even /ligras sort of speak as far as extra's chromes go.

PPL breed like this if they know what there doing OR to create seedless plants and protect genetics.

I thought why duplicate this , I have extreme polymophism with my one of my breeding cannabis experiments, I have Red Gorrilla cannabis plants rite now which are good examples of this with a twist, but no need to duplicate the science.

The polyploidy tie together video:::

M

MamaBear

The main reason I love breeding with polyploids is they really mix things up. Yes, extreme polymorphism will do that too but only so much. Breeding with polyploids can bring recessive genes to the surface, bring out old/new gene combinations no one has ever seen and make recessive traits dominate or vice versa.
Yep, there are good ones and bad ones and they need to be tested just like any other breeding plant. They can "double-down" on many things: extreme trichome & terpene production is very desirable but you can also end up with a bunch of worthless duds.
Same as usual, just bigger stakes on the dice roll. Bigger pay-off if you have a good one though!

Thanks @lino
I AM still working on the cannabinus (kenaf) project. I have 6 new healthy clones (from your plant) ready to head outside soon. They been hardening off the past few days.

I also have my round-leaf strain - 5 different healthy plants from seed. I think you grew some of these.

Plus I FINALLY got some of those wormy seeds to sprout. Took a while (and a bunch of seeds) to figure out how to kill those bastards without hurting the seed embryos. So far they look healthy with big fat roots. Have to wait and see which leaf form they have - hoping they like yours (like pot leaves).

With 3 different strains from 3 different sources - I should be able to at least make a kenaf hybrid that is viable.
I haven't tried cannabis/marijuana pollen on it. You said you got mules. Maybe Interspecies problem?

lino

lino

Okay guys, lets go in deep. The reason, i can ID your seeds, this is my specialty, seed embryos haploids can also be marked...

Mama, i think the breeder, Ken, made your seeds to 2nd step and dint go on to the 3rd step in the second video. but watch this first so you know what I'm saying... boring shit , sorry but needed to give you direction with your haploid cells.

Breeders do this w/o knowing all this science.

when Produce Farmers buy seed its engineered for the field its going in. The breeders of our food crops have genetically marked seed for breeding but not with with most cannabis. Most peeps are breeding Produce seeds and not breeder stock seeds. F7 for solid IBL for some strains is the word.

ratio-- inert -- in the seed pea-pods lecture i had a focus in inert seeds Ratios within each pod as compared to cannabis buds. The 2nd video doesnt cover it much his ratio equation should have calculated the inert seeds also to be more accurate IMO, but the ratio point is made.

I went thru Cavemanidica seeds in a lecture. I showed some makers in seed shell for cannabis as does this second video in corn. I have tore 1000's of cannabis seeds apart to figure this out since those lectures. I posted some cannabis embryo markers also.

Cholchine,,--- dont fuck with it unless youve had lab training for safety. I dont show this much cuz its WAY DANGEROUS, VERY DANGER !!! this was the 1st step in the creation of G13. This steps is where I stopped. Ive lectured this before in GMO debates here on the Farmer. This process can be done with field work as the case with your seeds.

This doesnt take great skill, but someone with know how sure helps this 3rd step along, but again, This will GMO you with one fuk up accident; This will wack your chromes , we have X & Y also and very weird similarities in chromes and DNA with cannabis. One leak on your mask, spill, anything and you got a enviro hazard,,, I shot some plants with massive gamma's in my backyard but this one, I passed on this chemical application. Way cool breeding techniques tho ...

M

MamaBear

Thanks for posting the videos - I have a hard time explaining all this stuff.

made your seeds to 2nd step and dint go on to the 3rd step
I think you are dead-on with that. And I've been doing all the rest of the work. So far, I've experienced everything in the 2nd video. Some of my newest crosses only resulted in 1-2 seeds and I used lots of fresh pollen so I know I'm getting close.

Funk junky

Funk junky

Awesome looking colas! How much longer you gonna let her go before chop?
Tuesday will be start of week nine, they had water last night you say these are 10 weekers? I would agree with that. these need a little longer than where there at now. as I can only dry in tent ( don't want to be living in tent cause neighbour calls landlord) they all have to come down together. have a purple jabba though who wants come down but gonna have to wait till rest are ready. can see gdb gonna pack on wheight soon. so couple weeks I think, easier at weekend for me but just gonna play by eye maybe 10 and half weeks we will see?

Funk junky

Funk junky

Right update the gdb are only ones that hasilf feed instead of flush. I don’t think I’m gonna change mind but I watch and am on call. Mama gdb will make room and electric viable. Don’t think had yielded like that before absolutely top notch. But low Chrystal doesn’t matter working on it x

Funk junky

Funk junky

My purple jabba is wanting to come down but others aren’t quite there yet don’t know whether to get neighbour to dry it, or leave it in there longer? Have to use tent for drying no choice. Gonna post photos but can’t get phone to focus properly so sorry if poor working on it.

96730FF1 EC3B 4919 A2AA 84EA58171FCC
C683E421 980B 4D90 8E5F 2670E00918C0
194DDEF0 4B02 4BEE B761 D284995E6BCE
5A21B0C6 A186 408C AEE6 6A35CAABA884
EE5085F3 A6D2 4FE8 ABF8 17EFE77BF79E
3736CF70 9475 4BBF 8783 5A265F6EBF88
B88870D3 AB51 4CE2 9AE6 54D00B9DF857
5F306055 5FDB 4600 B05A BB70C9678E0F
EE7A7C30 E570 4872 A1FC 3CDBDF08D205
F9DF6D5F FF3D 40F6 BFA3 CCA96A7A4165
654628C2 7111 480F BEFD B34B1A8DAA3B
0E4EB264 2A5E 4AA2 86DE B282EDEB6A41
C05218C1 AE1C 4A4A A8A9 4B12FD3C57FB
1A8835C2 9286 47D8 AC51 66AF4F9EE4D5
B3F86184 A783 4997 82B3 097B2236C09A
4D1B0DC6 B9D7 475B BD81 8535830BB694
CFDAD197 5141 49DE ADDA D32290AA8CCE
Funk junky

Funk junky

oh mama bear I will try to find tape measure and give height if poss. turned out one of shortest plants ive grown and probably biggest yield for indoor plant ive grown. just hope no mold, that cola in middle is slightly longer but ive got five of the colas to the side plus two little 4" colas and that big one in middle

Funk junky

Funk junky

yeah plrucking now still loose but inard are white pm problem if went longer think made right call.

M

MamaBear

Glad you chopped them in time!
Since they've been topped/trained, no need for measurement. I only keep notes on finished height if they were grown without pruning. More important is the finished WEIGHT. All comes down to the smoke though.
Have you sampled her yet?

Latest posts

Top Bottom