purple kush

• Thread starter sam_i_am
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sam_i_am

does anyone grow the sr-71 purple kush? i recentley scored some sr-71purple kush X Chemdog x green crack
a friend passed them along to me as he said he was done growing for "awhile" i was wondering if they are worth planting them right away or if they should take a seat on the back burner? i was told that strains with Chemdog/dog? are winners all the way around but will it show up in a three way cross :wondering?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Plant those right away sam! Honestly bodhi has done some really great crosses and you can't go wrong with that combo, real nice potential for a keeper there. All of those have very unique traits and when I think o purple bud with the chewdawg funk and the Green crack speed I start drooling.

Post up the progress as you go. :yes

R

rounders02

yeah those should be nice grew out the pk from SR71 last winter should go nice with the others.

S

sam_i_am

thanks for the very fast responses guys! i am taking it that green crack finishes fast in flower? i saw another thread about it but dont recall any times for flowering, that could be my oversite though. seems like a strain worht getting pumped up about....also i have read that bodhi seeds does limited releases so i almost feel lucky to have these gifted to me

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Super fast, nice cropper from what I understand (50 days?).

You are lucky :)

S

sam_i_am

i wonder if there is a goal in phenotype i should be looking for? are bodhi seeds available on thcfarmer? i am sure i will find something to work with as you said they are three crazy wicked strains! thanks again for the fast input!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Bodhi seeds are not here yet. Run them all and find the best, let your taste guide you danielson :D

S

sam_i_am

lol i was thinking that it is just that selection is such a personal thing and what makes a good strain to one person makes it an awful strain to others..:ninja i will do my best miagison

I

indodoja

two s7 71 purple kush x appalachia and five nepenthe young'uns after a transplant

DSCF02921
G

greyfx

I've smoked urkle but never smoked the pk. The urkle put me to total relaxation, hows the pk?

S

sam_i_am

i am hoping to find out here soon, ia mso impatient when it comes to growing and this one in particular is driving me crazy! i am not totally into the purple strains but one crossed with green crack and Chemdog cant be bad ehh? i asm hoping that i find a chem pheno and can do some good ole fashion breedin with her/him. although i really wouldnt know a male chem plant.well a fem for that matter. thats the strain in the mix that really stands out to me.
sam

G

grizz

should be a very interesting cross, Chemdog D usally dominates everything its crossed with but so does the GC, havent grown the sr 71 but it wont be long before the cut gets to me. grow those babys.

S

sam_i_am

is it Chemdog D that was used in the cross? it just says Chemdog on the pack...... i am really curiouse to know though. the more you know the better you grow! does anyone know about stability in these puppies? i am assuming a three way cross is gonna show variation in the offspring also i wonder if it is an f1? i am so excited to work with this strain!
sam

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
that cross sounds illie love to see this grow report.2 of my fav smokes pk n chem we hav a winner

greyfx
if urkel is total relaxation .then pk is total devastation extreme potency will leave you comatose.urkel has no similarity to me except the exotic taste n quality

S

sam_i_am

lemme see if this works, here is a shot of some of my smaller glass in the rotation right now. also had to see if i could post the pic.
these are some of the first genetics i purchased, starting to crave them again...sorry i know it is an unrelated post.
sam

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Sam I just want to let ya know that even with all my LST training on her I had a hard time getting the SR 71 PK to yield but I have another run going now so I'll keep ya posted .:handshake

S

sam_i_am

do you think that the whole cross will be a small yielder then? i think i read somewhere you are growing out some of this breeders beans also. yield does not concern me as much as quality, i mean i will grow a small yielder and a medium to large yielder at the same time usually but it seems this time around its gonna be small yielders. my bass ackwards thinking at its finest. oh well i think the potency will make up some what for lack of quantity at least i am hoping...if not i better take my ass back to school and re-learn how to grow.lol...thanks zoo ill be on the lookout for your updates...are you posting pics in your beast of a thread? thanks man it means alot.
sam_i_am

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I'll get pix up soon of the 4 large ones I have in flower and I think your really gonna like them . I have alot of Bodhis seeds so over time I'll be growing alot of them out , next on the list from him in my grow will be Afgooey x Bluemoonshine:dance

S

sam_i_am

yummy to the max that dude makes the most delectable strains. just looking at the pack im drooling lol, i have never had the chance to grow out a chem cross though so this is why i am so excited. the afgooey sounds right up my alley though too, i am an avid lover of the indicas, but today i was pondering the whole indica sativa thing and i am pretty sure i have come to the conclusion that they are all just a different way to describe different plants, how many times have you grown a pure indica to have its leaves stretch out in flower and get substantially thinner? it happens all the time with mine, like they start out indica and move to a staiva style leaf i dunno maybe i am thinking too much today! i guess what i mean is every plant has a different thc and cannabinoid profile and genetic structure and while some traits can be mostly "locked down" other traits remain wild through selective breeding you can make most plants look similar or taste similar or have the same pole pot or branchy look , this was how i explained it to someone else i talk to on the site i think i think too much
thanks for reading and inputing
sam

Latest posts

Top Bottom