Purple Pineapple?

• Thread starter alpinehi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
alpinehi

alpinehi

Got a cut of Purple Pineapple awhile ago. She is about to come down here in a week or so. Purple from the 2nd week of flowering, overwhelming pineapple scent like a piña colada. She is going to yield well and finishes pretty quick. It's on day 53 of flower and will come down before day 60. I have been able to find next to no information about this strain. Does anybody know anything...genetics, origin, anybody else growing it? I see and hear people doing the Purple Pineapple Express, is it the same thing or related?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sorry, can't help you there. Did you keep a cut?

alpinehi

alpinehi

Oh most definitely. It's some of the prettiest looking herb I have seen.

alpinehi

alpinehi

Yeah, It's jarred now so I can take some of the finished product. I might have some of her in flower as well. I'll hop back on later with some pics.

alpinehi

alpinehi

Sorry for the delay. Here are some photos of the Purple Pineapple.

It's tough to see the colors in these first few. Week 6 ish.
P2040004
P2040005
P2040006

Freshly chopped
P2260036

About a week of drying
P2260040

P3100090
P3100099

At different magnifications
PP  10x150  1
PP  10x150  2
PP  10x150  3

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wow, yeah, the HPS light totally sucked the color from it, but it sure shows nicely in the other pix! Thanks for posting those up.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
One of the badass Pineapple plants I am playin with right now is a pheno of Ed Rosenthal Super Bud (ERSB), might look there for info...

alpinehi

alpinehi

Some friends of mine, where I got the cut. They are clueless on origins as well though. I think I read somewhere that it's from Canada? I have seen it referenced before but never with any real information her. I'm just glad that we are building a thread on the strain, albeit not super insightful yet. Some info is better than none I say.

B

BudWhisper

Hey folks, I rarely pull my hands out of the soil long enough to type a post but I've read many of the other grower's writings here.
I sent some of the above tasty photos by "alpinehi" to a breeder in Washington whose strains I've been growing the last couple of years.
I think it was Annunaki Genetics who very likely bred your Purple Pineapple plants.

Annunaki Genetics made a Purple Pineapple Express around 2013, and when he saw "alpinehi"s photos he said:
"I have to say Im nearly positive that's Purple Pineapple Express (#4)!
The full plant photo, the color and shape of the buds, the resin and pistils all look the same. Quick finisher and purple throughout flower too.
Plus I'm about 1.5 hours from Canada, so pretty close!
PPE#4 is being passed around via a couple large nurseries in CA even today."

So hopefully you can score a clone or check out another unique pineapple express hybrid "Sour Pineapple", as regular seeds.
https://annunakigenetics.com/index.php/product/sour-pineapple/

I know I sound like a shill for AG, but I love when fruity And dank combine and the AG strains I've grown were damn delicious And potent so I'm a big fan of his work.
Here's a Sour Pineapple (from the AG site, I have Not grown her yet).
Screen Shot 2018 09 08 at 32648 PM

Top Bottom