Purple StarDawg starting to flower.......

• Thread starter SSHZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SSHZ

Well, with only mild success with the Super StarDawgs (I think I harvested too early at day 72), I tried to sprout 10 seeds of the Purple Dawgs. Only 5 sprouted, and 2 were females. The first plant is leaning more towards the StarDawg and the second plant leans more to the Afghani parent. I'm in day 9 of flowering after a 28 day veg period....... nothing exciting to report otherwise.

Purple stardawg starting to flower
Purple stardawg starting to flower 2
S

SSHZ

It's beginning to look a lot like Xmas.........Today is day 46 of flowering. I snipped an "under bud"- a piece below the canopy last night and slowly dehydrated it over night. I smoked a bowl about 15 minutes ago and I'm roasted. Below are a few quick pic's. Each plant is under it's own 600 watt HP, along with a few other plants of different strains. They are the furthest from being done out of the 4 strains being grown. I grew a few Super StarDawg last crop and cut them at day 72. It's was about 2 weeks early and the smoke was disappointing- more my fault than the genetics. With the Afghani genetics mixed in with this strain, I expect them to be finished earlier this time, maybe 10 1/2 weeks.

IMGP0615
IMGP0616
IMGP0617
IMGP0619
RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Looks good so far, SSHZ! Purple StarDawg should be some fire. I got some TarDawg going. I got some Tre Star Dawg, Guava D and White D coming in my next round of pheno hunting. Hope u have better results this time. Push them as long as possible! Good luck with the rest of ur grow.

S

SSHZ

Did you say purple? This is the smaller plant, short and bushy with lots of color. The taller plant doesn't have the color and is behind a week or two. Oh, day 53 in flowering.

IMGP0648
S

SSHZ

Like a unscented furniture polish or floor cleaner.......... strange smell with greasy resin.

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
That pheno is looking awesome, SSHZ! I bet ur stoked. Did u take cuts from her? I sure hope so. Keep up the great job, bro!

S

SSHZ

No cuttings but I'll reveg her if she's worth it...... the other pheno I have looks much more like the StarDawg. This pheno looks to be leaning more towards the Purple Afghani. Resin is really popping out right now........

genepool

genepool

Loving it,,, loving it! The description is perfect as is the pics SSHZ. You lucky dawg, looks like u got some pretty & potent dank ! That looks like some keeper flowers to me, job well done indeed !

S

SSHZ

I accidently posted these pic's elsewhere but they belong in this thread. Really getting colorful- hope the potency is there. I'm guessing about 2 more weeks should be perfect.

IMGP0685
IMGP0686
IMGP0687
E

E.T.

wow, those are some beautiful flowers! looking real good man...
hope they deliver the smack you're looking for...

S

SSHZ

Last few days before being chopped down. Tomorrow is 9 weeks in flowering and I'm seeing about 10% or slightly more amber tric's. It's finishing bottom up- lower stuff is more done than the top buds pictured. I quick dried a few pieces over the last week in a food dehydrator and although it wiped out taste and smell, the potency was mighty fine. Out of the 34 plants of varying strains grown this time around, this single plant will be the only one kept for further evaluation.......

IMGP0720
IMGP0721
IMGP0724
IMGP0726
waayne

waayne

Man that's a beautiful pheno SSHZ!
How long you gonna let her go before harvest?
:pimp:

philly kush

philly kush

Nice I can taste them from here ineed ta show a friend this pic so he can learn that patience is a virtue!I'm trying 2 figure out how to put pix from the garden up any inputwould b great

S

SSHZ

JJ from Topdawg said let them go 61-63 days. I'm at day 62. The lower cola's are sooooo done they almost look black (or maybe deep purple) so overall I consider the plant done. If you look at some of the detail's on the pic's, and look around- you'll see other cola's that are super done. I'll probably go no more than 64 or 65 days since I need the room for my next crop. But they really don't need any more than that to be considered well done.

Picture download is easy once you figure it out. Reply to a thread or start a new one, then hit the "Go Advanced" box and look for "Manage Attachments". Then hit "Choose File", open your pic and hit upload. The pic will then be in your reply box..... just don't make the resolution too high or it won't download cause the file will be too big. Click around to find everything and you're on your way.

Top Bottom