Pvc Vs Wood

• Thread starter StonedBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I'm building a room inside a room. It will be 10x5 or so. My plan has been to frame it with 2x4s with two walls attached to the outer rooms walls. But will pvc frame work? What size? 1.5 to 2"?

xavier7995

xavier7995

Are you planning to hang lights and such? I would be worried the pvc wouldn't hold up to weight over the long term. If just walls...i don't see why it wouldn't work, but personally I would just go wood for strength and durability.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I'm considering using pvc and after a couple rings when I'm sure I know where I want everything putting up wood. I can use the leftover pvc to build shelves and such. Weight is my only issue I think. Maybe just go wood lol.
Designing a room after making do with a lousy set up is fun!

K

kansabis

For a stronger and more permanent structure i would go with wood and use pvc for shelves,scrog etc. Otherwise if you want a lighter more movable structure pvc should be ok depending on the weight hanging from it,you could probably even combine the 2 materials if you got really creative.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
If you are going to build a pvc room use schedule 40 strictly.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
For a room that size. If you want to go bigger use schedule 80.

D

DrDankPHD

Yeah use wood. Otherwise just get 2 good 5x5 tents. Easier to setup. Growerhouse brand tent pretty damn good. Not sure what the sizes are. Metal corners.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I've got a couple tennis. Hate them. Have trouble putting them up. Lol. Maybe I should try it without being medicated first.

D

DrDankPHD

I've got a couple tennis. Hate them. Have trouble putting them up. Lol. Maybe I should try it without being medicated first.

Yeah I got cheap mammoth. That sucked.
Zipper broke. Cheap seems.
But the Growerhouse one thicker. Better design. They got video I think to put it together

Latest posts

Top Bottom