Quality: Indoor Soil Vs. Hydro

• Thread starter Andris
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

tuff debate. I honestly usually feel like soil is harsher. I just think its really hard to flush out a soils grow 100%. I have noticed with hydro you need to add things like floralicous to get the smell and taste . If you give your hydro a 2wk flush is taste silky smooth

S

seabass212

Is that a joke, I think the real question is can Hydro compare to the quality of organic soil, and that answer i believe is FUCK NO!!! I will put my organic soil buds up against anyones!!!

x2

once you have your shit down nothing compares. If we are talking quality in terms of smoke and potency then soil hands down.

Hydro looks pretty but the high goes fast in my opinion.

waayne

waayne

i totally agree with franti and ent,organic soil done well is hard to beat !

J

John Smith Esq.

Can the the quality of indoor soil grown plants be comparable to that of hydro?
Thanks

andris throws match into pile of petrol and watches as the debate rages...lol

jk'ing aside -good thread

OldszkoolHed

OldszkoolHed

Organic nutes in pro-mix is hard to beat. I ran Roots soil and ff soil side by side against pro-mix. If you are gonna do hydro but want that good flavor of soil then I would say use organics in pro-mix.

I should note pro-mix has no nutes in it and some might find it more difficult then soil to perfect.

I would love to be able put some buds up against some one elses soil grow. If they were the same strain flowered the same amount of time. I only ran soil once so an experience soil grower could possibly do better then I did. If someone can grow my cut and make it taste better then I do I would be pleasantly surprized.

Finally, I 've had some strains that require more care to get the flavors to come out. Some are just in you face right off the bat with that undeniable flavor and punch regardless of who or how it was grown.

If your hydro is done organically and is spot on it may be able to compete with soil but it seems like it's safer to say soil grown is better tasting. Most of the time it is.
How did the plants in ff do? And what nutes do you reccomend? Ty so much

Effendi

Effendi

I would love to field the above question but it's really not mine. (spoiler, FF of today is very different than FF of 5, 10 and 20 years ago. They ran out of bog (wherever it is they harvest) and had to find a new source, it took me nearly two years and a detailed review of every aspect to finally determine and accept that FF is no longer viable.

I went to Pro-mix. easy peezy, no more mixing and adding shit that you may or may not have measured correctly. Just plant and grow. Couldn't be any easier.

But back to this thread... as so many others have said, Soil V hydro is 100% about preference. It's only about what YOU consider the best materials to enjoy.

I understand that many/most here are hobby growers or med growers and the REAL factor in this discussion doesn't apply. But from my POV, it really only about which garners $4/gram vs $5/gm.

Please continue the discussion on which is which.

.😇

freezeland2

freezeland2

My experience is with hydro. Ebb & flo and NFT systems. I took a few years off and am now back to growing again. I decided to go the soil route this time to keep it simple. Thus far growing in soil doesn’t come close to comparison with the results I achieved in hydro. Time will tell when I get to the end of this soil grow if I’ll stick to it or go back to my ol faithful hydro.

Top Bottom