• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Quantum light flower tent build
Quantum light flower tent build 2
Quantum light flower tent build 3
I have started to assemble my new 4x4 scrOG flower tent. My light will
Consist of 8 qb132 boards, each set of 4 run in parallel off of Meanwell LRS-350-36. In the center will be a qb288 run off a HLG-120-54. I will have 3 potentiometers, each wired to a multimeter display. I will have three zones; A left 3 panels and rear center, zone B right 3 panels and front center, and zone C center panel. All power supplies are being remotely mounted to reduce heat. Thoughts or suggestions?

sixstring

sixstring

nice setup.generally we see a center hotspot with symetrical builds like these,but you have an empty spot not in the center where the qb288 goes.i think leave that out or plan to run the fixture higher.if it was me i would put 4 qb288 on the corners and use the qb132 in the rest of the spots.but this will work great also.sorry,you asked for thoughts/suggestions lol.in the current setup i would use nothing in the center or put a qb 120 or qb132 in that spot and keep it dimmed a bit.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

nice setup.generally we see a center hotspot with symetrical builds like these,but you have an empty spot not in the center where the qb288 goes.i think leave that out or plan to run the fixture higher.if it was me i would put 4 qb288 on the corners and use the qb132 in the rest of the spots.but this will work great also.sorry,you asked for thoughts/suggestions lol.in the current setup i would use nothing in the center or put a qb 120 or qb132 in that spot and keep it dimmed a bit.

That’s exactly what I was looking for actually. I thought that the 8qb132 would be enough, but it’s easy enough to upgrade when I do my cob/Cree add on. I had not thought about the heat generated in the center- good call, and I have more qb120s so I could throw one in the center. I predrilled the frame to give me more configuration options. I was hoping I had built myself a system that was more than enough for the space. 8x75+60=660w at max draw? I’m super confused of equivalent light comparison vs power usage. Do these boards create more usable growing light per watt than what I’m used to (mh / hps) ? I have read enough bs but this is my first step into leds as grow lights. What should be my expectations?

DGP

DGP

I believe they do produce more usable light because:

1: High CRI more like real outdoor light (full spectrum (real) not the fake "full spectrum" the blurple guys advertise)

2. More diverse angle of light. You have hundreds of light sources instead of one more-or-less point source (HID) so the flowers and foliage under the top of the canopy get light from adjacent sources that enters at a higher angle. Last cycle I had virtually no larf even the smallish buds underneath swelled up and were very usable. So, in short better penetration (unlike the myth that LEDs don't penetrate).

3. Lights can run a lot lower to the canopy due to very little IR and radiant heat coming of the sources. Right now with my LEDs running at 65W to the square foot I have them only 6-8 inches off the top of the canopy in flower with no bleaching or burning. Running 750 watts right on the top of the canopy. This gets you ever so much closer to the intensity of an outdoor grow. Strains vary and you need to find the sweet spot.

Dee

sixstring

sixstring

That’s exactly what I was looking for actually. I thought that the 8qb132 would be enough, but it’s easy enough to upgrade when I do my cob/Cree add on. I had not thought about the heat generated in the center- good call, and I have more qb120s so I could throw one in the center. I predrilled the frame to give me more configuration options. I was hoping I had built myself a system that was more than enough for the space. 8x75+60=660w at max draw? I’m super confused of equivalent light comparison vs power usage. Do these boards create more usable growing light per watt than what I’m used to (mh / hps) ? I have read enough bs but this is my first step into leds as grow lights. What should be my expectations?

When I said hotspot I was referring to the extra par in the center not heat haha.if you wanted perfect coverage I would add a QB 120 to that center location and drive it slightly lower than the 132 boards are.i believe this will put out a very even par across the tent.as far as these LEDs compare to standard hps,you only need about 600w of quantum boards in a 4 x 4 or 5x5 tent to get the same par you would from a 1000w hps.450w of quantum boards will spank a 600w hps.750w of qb rivals a gavita .

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Worked on the mourning plate and setup for my three power supplies for my flower tent. Mounted nicely from scraps. I have had access to an engraving machine so I have taken advantage, really like the way everything is looking. Made a simple shelf to hold my multimeter displays and potentiometers. I decided to take the advice offered and will be installing a qb120 in the center. Now what to do with this qb 288 in 3000k? Lol my qb120 is 4000k and all my qb132 on this setup are 2700k. Should be a good match. Always open to opinions and suggestions. Just making my way through this build, and having a blast doing it.
B422C3D1 6499 4844 9904 35B93C82CA68
0EE35571 E968 4DA7 840C 491AEE6C7B3D
BDFFB90A E3D3 4544 A7E8 9570669762E9

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Building the new veg light for a new veg tent. Decided to go start to finish 100% QB boards. I had intended to fill the rest of this frame with QB 120s, but now I’m thinking I’ll fill it out with 132s and use a single 120 in the middle. Will end up with the same setup as my flower light just running all 4000k for my veg. I’ll have 4 qb132s, 6 qb120s and a 288 left when this lights done. Might have to setup and outfit a new tent or make a coupe for some friends.
39699044 584C 4430 9F88 D2B56340C0C8

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

4D736D7F 1207 4760 9DDD 3A7CFED0A602
Spent a fem minutes wiring some of the drivers to 120v ac and started setting up the dinner and display shelf. Just waiting on one more board to show up and one more dimmer and this flower tent has light (still waiting for many parts to arrive so it’s another week off before I can move stuff around and finish the veg light. Not really concerned at the moment since every thing is headed outside soon anyways that’s started and my official quantum start begins!

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

When I said hotspot I was referring to the extra par in the center not heat haha.if you wanted perfect coverage I would add a QB 120 to that center location and drive it slightly lower than the 132 boards are.i believe this will put out a very even par across the tent.as far as these LEDs compare to standard hps,you only need about 600w of quantum boards in a 4 x 4 or 5x5 tent to get the same par you would from a 1000w hps.450w of quantum boards will spank a 600w hps.750w of qb rivals a gavita .

I should get similar results with a 132 in center and dimmed? I’m looking for around 650-675w for flower in the 4x4 and it sounds like that should be a sweet spot. Should I think about adding some red or blue strips? Are they worth it, and do they require special lighting times? Is it beneficial to have red strips come on before the main lights and stay on? Come on after mains drop out before sleep?

The veg tent will be 5x4 with a shelf for starters. Going to run a couple qb120 in a mix of higher spectrum and the 4x4 will be covered with 9 qb132 also in the higher (4000kish) range. Still waiting for some components to show up, but hope to have the flower tent done and more progress made on the veg tent. What kind of temp can I expect off 9 qb132 with no heat sinks and no drivers in the tent?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

yes.as for the other stuff idk :happy:

What do you think about this wire from the multimeter display to the set of boards (one driver running 4 qb132? Driver says 9.6a and wire is rated for 10a...?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Has anyone purchased these?

Check out this product on Alibaba App MEIJIU Cheap 304 LED Samsung lm561C S6 top bin diodes full set diy kits for grow light https://f2rq3.app.goo.gl/?link=http...ibi=com.alibaba.sourcing&isi=503451073&amv=69

I used another supplier, mufue technology. Got rigid strips from them, 30x400mm with 96 LM561C. Some boards got damaged during transport and there were a few boards with wonky reflowed chips. They replaced all the boards without any questions free of charge and got them to send me a 10x10" board with 320 chips on top of it. Only downside is minimum order is 50pcs.

20180507 192631
20180502 154722
20180502 154727
20180502 183507

Top Bottom