Quantum Light Flower Tent Build

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I used another supplier, mufue technology. Got rigid strips from them, 30x400mm with 96 LM561C. Some boards got damaged during transport and there were a few boards with wonky reflowed chips. They replaced all the boards without any questions free of charge and got them to send me a 10x10" board with 320 chips on top of it. Only downside is minimum order is 50pcs.

View attachment 798529 View attachment 798530 View attachment 798531 View attachment 798532

So you have some extras?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

026851FA BE31 416F 89AF D088799E59D8
Do not use speaker wire.i use 18ga solid core wire with a 600v rating on the cover/shield.commonly used in appliances.

I’m sorry I wasn’t serious about the speaker wore. All 14 gauge solid copper here.

Still waiting for a couple boards and odds and ends but it’s coming together nicely.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Do not use speaker wire.i use 18ga solid core wire with a 600v rating on the cover/shield.commonly used in appliances.

What's wrong with the speaker wire? If the cros section fits it's even slightly better than the solid core. Those can take a lot of current at all sorts of frequencies. That's what they're designed for and that's what were actually looking for. A wire that has minimal resistance and can take high current.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

BB9E95FA 123E 4745 834B 996B6AEFB9F2
What's wrong with the speaker wire? If the cros section fits it's even slightly better than the solid core. Those can take a lot of current at all sorts of frequencies. That's what they're designed for and that's what were actually looking for. A wire that has minimal resistance and can take high current.

Its hard to beat solid core. I don’t trust the insulation to stand up to heat long term. I’ll just use Romex or somthing like it for the main transmission to the lights. I always over spec my equipment if I can and the cost isn’t too heavy. Little off subject and behind schedule as always but my outdoor ladies are starting to pop up. First transplant most of them. All seeds started at the same time, 90%family strain with a few Jamaicans that I gathered in the mountains while visiting and one old Vanilla Kush ‘feminized’ .

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

It’s alive now just need one last board and a bit more wire to have the flower tent ready to roll

sixstring

sixstring

Speaker wire generally has a soft casing that will melt much quicker than appliance wire.if you need stranded wire for low resistance you should source something else rated for high heat.even 24v thermostat wire has a higher heat rating then most speaker wire.i gave a blanket statement,maybe there is a high temp speaker wire I'm not aware of.some of my Meanwell drivers can get pretty hot,undersized heatsinks can hit 130f or higher pretty easy.once the wires protective cover melts and the positive and negative touch things can and will go boom :)

sixstring

sixstring

Plus I can't think of any high voltage speakers,most are 12v or less right?
Lmao now y'all gunna jinx ya own damn setups and burn to the ground haha.

Just playin,everyone is free to use any wire they desire :)

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

All wired up and running. What a beautiful system, with 9 boards running, two vortex fans on the ground and a 189cfm fan and carbon filter and two vent windows open has be running at 81.8 deg f at canopy height (just babies so at about 8”). I’m thinking the high point will rise with the lights and the canopy temp will stay at that or reduce slightly as the lights get closer to the carbon filter and more heat is removed from the source. Do I need to reduce the temp even more? You can see in the photo the probe is getting nailed by the light, so I’m thinking this is the max temp and realisticly the tent temp is slightly less and with the air on the leaves they are seeing high 70’s?

Toaster79

Toaster79

View attachment 798893 All wired up and running. What a beautiful system, with 9 boards running, two vortex fans on the ground and a 189cfm fan and carbon filter and two vent windows open has be running at 81.8 deg f at canopy height (just babies so at about 8”). I’m thinking the high point will rise with the lights and the canopy temp will stay at that or reduce slightly as the lights get closer to the carbon filter and more heat is removed from the source. Do I need to reduce the temp even more? You can see in the photo the probe is getting nailed by the light, so I’m thinking this is the max temp and realisticly the tent temp is slightly less and with the air on the leaves they are seeing high 70’s?

Get some white electrical tape. That black one is absorbing too much energy and the reading isn't right. Keep roots warm if they're on concrete floor and the canopy cool once they get bigger.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Get some white electrical tape. That black one is absorbing too much energy and the reading isn't right. Keep roots warm if they're on concrete floor and the canopy cool once they get bigger.

The probe is steel. The black is tape holding it in place. I think I will pick up some blue board and place a piece under the floor pan inside the tent. Especially come winter. Where do most people keep their temp probes? Looking for ambient tent temp or max temp on canopy?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

View attachment 798981 Made these this morning for the veg tent gotta make it look professional
Thank you. I like to have my controls and displays labeled so if I’m in the clouds I can still get it right I also appreciate the look. I have seen too many builds that look like crap. It’s my evolution through the building process. Out of my 10 or so indoor grows this will be the best self contained setups I have build. Really i have only used a tent system once probably 7 years ago and always did open rooms since. With the new tech available I decided I would give it a go again, plus it makes my outdoor opportunities even better with the chance of late season clones going out and increasing total yearly yield.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thank you. I like to have my controls and displays labeled so if I’m in the clouds I can still get it right I also appreciate the look. I have seen too many builds that look like crap. It’s my evolution through the building process. Out of my 10 or so indoor grows this will be the best self contained setups I have build. Really i have only used a tent system once probably 7 years ago and always did open rooms since. With the new tech available I decided I would give it a go again, plus it makes my outdoor opportunities even better with the chance of late season clones going out and increasing total yearly yield.
I do something similar (but not as nice..LOL)..These are 2x Photon Sunboards w/alternating 4000k and 2700k Samsung diodes for my veg closet (I also run QB132's in both the veg and flower tent/tub grows)..Nice thing is that we can custom make what we need to fit whatever space (mine is 10x2)
Fixture 2

Top Bottom