Question Indoor Lighting

• Thread starter Kensuhduh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kensuhduh

Preparing to grow indoors and have a question.

LIGHTING :|
I'D prefer not to spend a ton but what is necessary for great yields. I'm starting with one plant to see how it goes. So what do you guys recommend. I know I may need hps which is fine, links would be super thanks!

Monster762

Monster762

Preparing to grow indoors and have a question.

LIGHTING :|
I'D prefer not to spend a ton but what is necessary for great yields. I'm starting with one plant to see how it goes. So what do you guys recommend. I know I may need hps which is fine, links would be super thanks!
What size area and how big do you want the 1 plant at the end of it all. There are many lighting options. Hps is probably the best consistent results but people argue it because the cost starts going up in power. Not just the light but all the other electrical devices to keep the area at a reasonable operating temperature. 1 plant I'd run t5 4 bulb 2 ft setup to veg. ( amazon $50) includes ho 6500k bulbs. And really I think a 400w hps would be your flower they say 1 g per watt supposedly. So at that that's 400 gal off 1 plant. But there is a lot more things that are key factors other than light. Or get 2 t5 setups n just buy bloom bulbs for flowering. That would be maybe $150 total and heat would be minimal so would power draw. What size room?

fatawa

fatawa

This is simple...dimmable/digital 1000w...u can turn it down to 400w yur first go for that one plant.and if u wanna run 12plant s.o.g. style u still hav a light capable of this.if u go to cheap u will just b buying new light/supplemental lighting after yur first rip

K

Kensuhduh

What size area and how big do you want the 1 plant at the end of it all. There are many lighting options. Hps is probably the best consistent results but people argue it because the cost starts going up in power. Not just the light but all the other electrical devices to keep the area at a reasonable operating temperature. 1 plant I'd run t5 4 bulb 2 ft setup to veg. ( amazon $50) includes ho 6500k bulbs. And really I think a 400w hps would be your flower they say 1 g per watt supposedly. So at that that's 400 gal off 1 plant. But there is a lot more things that are key factors other than light. Or get 2 t5 setups n just buy bloom bulbs for flowering. That would be maybe $150 total and heat would be minimal so would power draw. What size room?

Im planning on using my closet it's a walk in one, it's 12 feet in height and 10 feet deep, and 7 and a half wide. I've got alot of room but I'd like to focus on one and see what I could max from it.

I've got home depots, Wal-Mart's, and Lowe's around me for stores.

K

Kensuhduh

This is simple...dimmable/digital 1000w...u can turn it down to 400w yur first go for that one plant.and if u wanna run 12plant s.o.g. style u still hav a light capable of this.if u go to cheap u will just b buying new light/supplemental lighting after yur first rip

Do you have a link for an item like this

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

If you have to goto those spots for lights T5"s

If you can shop online, a 450 led & 250 hps male a great combo. Even a 600 led if shopping on amazon.

Monster762

Monster762

Im planning on using my closet it's a walk in one, it's 12 feet in height and 10 feet deep, and 7 and a half wide. I've got alot of room but I'd like to focus on one and see what I could max from it.

10x12 with 12 ft ceiling you def would benefit from hps. Cool tube hood and filter the air blowing it directly out of the room. Like I said there are many options it budget is always a factor. I was just labeling a cheap easy fool proof setup. But with that space I'd run hps. If you got the money run more than 1 hps. Cool tubes ran through each other but make sure you carbo filter it going outside the room. Carbon won't really be necessary until they start to smell you do no want to trap that heat in the room though so find a way to run it out. 6 or 8 inch inline fan 600+ cfm will take the heat away. But again all this is costly. But also more reliable.

Monster762

Monster762

10x12 with 12 ft ceiling you def would benefit from hps. Cool tube hood and filter the air blowing it directly out of the room. Like I said there are many options it budget is always a factor. I was just labeling a cheap easy fool proof setup. But with that space I'd run hps. If you got the money run more than 1 hps. Cool tubes ran through each other but make sure you carbo filter it going outside the room. Carbon won't really be necessary until they start to smell you do no want to trap that heat in the room though so find a way to run it out. 6 or 8 inch inline fan 600+ cfm will take the heat away. But again all this is costly. But also more reliable.
10x7 not 12. Either one above is a good pick for it. Plus unlike led if anything does go bad in the light it's easier to fix. Long term it is best way to go if you have space and control the heat.

sixstring

sixstring

Is there any heat/ac runs that dump into the closet? If so i would look real hard at either a 630w cmh or the 6/750w gavita pro.either one will grow a large plant and do just dandy for vegative phase as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom