Question On Ph Stabilizing

• Thread starter MeanGreen420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

OK I keep my res plant res ph to 5.5 then let it run up to 6.5 before I use ph down again. I keep my auto top off res at like 4 point something ph to counter the plants res and slow ph rise down. Last day or so my ph has stabilized 6.0 and hasn't moved, my ppm rised 490 to 500.
Here's some thoughts.
1. Plants about a month in veg so it's actually taking up water to where the top off res can counter the ph. And in doing that it stabilized ph and dumped more nutes which increased ppm.
2. I just cut for main lining so maybe it's slowing down on eating so ph rising slower.
3. Maybe it's time to flush, been over a week was trying see how much I could stretch to next flush, "save on nutes". Using rx line, hydroguard,cal

What do you think about ph all of a sudden stabilizing and ppm going up 10 in a day or so? Thanks Bubba

F

FarmerDaniel

Sounds like you're worried for nothing. It's been a few days since you posted. What's it doing now?

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I flushed since it had been 9 days. But what I'm seeing is water is to hot at 85 degrees. I have no way to properly vent out heat. Looks like the plant is only taking up water due to the heat. Which is making ppm rise and ph fall. Since only water being took in its making res concentrated. I'm using hps, waiting for quantum to get here tomorrow.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Sounds like you're worried for nothing. It's been a few days since you posted. What's it doing now?
After the flush while water was at proper temp, the plant took off and was eating crazy fast until heat rose.

F

FarmerDaniel

that's a problem! warm water holds much less oxygen! Got to cool that shit down bro! Keep it in the 70's for sure. I try and keep mine about 70. Some people go lower but I'm running aquaponics...dissolved oxygen will increase as temp goes down. 85 is shitty.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

that's a problem! warm water holds much less oxygen! Got to cool that shit down bro! Keep it in the 70's for sure. I try and keep mine about 70. Some people go lower but I'm running aquaponics...dissolved oxygen will increase as temp goes down. 85 is shitty.
Just got my hlg 600 quantum will test when lights on

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
as mentioned in hydro 85 deg is causing thermal shock to your rootzone and the plants are not eating which would explain why your ppms are going up.

Also don't get too complicated with your top off rez. When in hydro I always kept my top off water at Ph 5.8 ...…..this offset with varying ph levels and such your tying to achieve is just complicating things. Just my .2cents running in water since 74 and most problems I have seen others have is over complicating things.

Last edited:
MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

as mentioned in hydro 85 is causing thermal shock to your rootzone and the plants are not eating which would explain why your ppms are going up.

Also don't get too complicated with your top off rez. When in hydro I always kept my top off water at Ph 5.8 ...…..this offset with varying ph levels and such your tying to achieve is just complicating things. Just my .2cents running in water since 74 and most problems I have seen others have is over complicating things.
Heat in the room would make top off rez ph increase also. After about 3 days

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
How big is the rez? Frozen milk jugs of water is the ghetto fab way if you dont have a chiller for a bandaid.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
frozen milk jugs was what I used until I got enough dinero to by a chiller. they help. Also another tip the bigger the rez the easier it is to buffer all types of things. larger quantities take longer to heat up. Easier to keep Ph a tad more stable as well.

For those in water and your finding that your ph is always dropping that is due to the air passing thru your bubblers is introducing C02 to the water which is acidic therefore thats why your ph will drop over time.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

frozen milk jugs was what I used until I got enough dinero to by a chiller. they help. Also another tip the bigger the rez the easier it is to buffer all types of things. larger quantities take longer to heat up. Easier to keep Ph a tad more stable as well.

For those in water and your finding that your ph is always dropping that is due to the air passing thru your bubblers is introducing C02 to the water which is acidic therefore thats why your ph will drop over time.
Yeah I moved air pump. That was one of the first problems lol

P

Pass2TheLeft

I had probs with my res getting to hot esp in summer 1st thing i did to solve it was shift it out of my grow room

P

Pass2TheLeft

I dont have room to fit in a res bro i find it much easier to have it outside my tent it also helped with res temps ive only got 6 plants so its easy to run a watering line into each pot

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I dont have room to fit in a res bro i find it much easier to have it outside my tent it also helped with res temps ive only got 6 plants so its easy to run a watering line into each pot
Does every pot have a bobber thing that shuts off water when full. I just forgot name what there called

Latest posts

Top Bottom