Questions About Making Fem Seeds

• Thread starter 2020r1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

2020r1

1. If i plant with peat pot directly in soil, could it possibly prevent roots from spreading and stunning growth? (does it need much time to soften up?)
2. Can one fem hermie pollinate 20 plants and when is it optimal to pollinate - early as possible or mid flowering, for most production?
3. Can i start spray CS earlier than fist hairs so i get the pollen ASAP, do i spray the entire plant every day?
4. What is the chance the female doesn't produce pollen/dies from the silver?
5. Do indica/sativas differ in seed amount produced and do 7 week finishers produce seeds faster than 12 week finishers, or its 40-60 days for all?
6. How hard is to remove seeds form non dried weed? (i don't have option to dry, or do anything with the buds)
7. Is ~2000 seeds normal for ~2 meter plant?

45North

45North

1. If i plant with peat pot directly in soil, could it possibly prevent roots from spreading and stunning growth? (does it need much time to soften up?)
2. Can one fem hermie pollinate 20 plants and when is it optimal to pollinate - early as possible or mid flowering, for most production?
3. Can i start spray CS earlier than fist hairs so i get the pollen ASAP, do i spray the entire plant every day?
4. What is the chance the female doesn't produce pollen/dies from the silver?
5. Do indica/sativas differ in seed amount produced and do 7 week finishers produce seeds faster than 12 week finishers, or its 40-60 days for all?
6. How hard is to remove seeds form non dried weed? (i don't have option to dry, or do anything with the buds)
7. Is ~2000 seeds normal for ~2 meter plant?
Herme genes from a herme plant=not a desirable trait.
Why are you concerned about a finishing time when you want seeds? Just let the plant “die” off to finish to have the best chance of producing the most viable seeds. They should just about fall out.
45N

2020r1

Herme genes from a herme plant=not a desirable trait.
Why are you concerned about a finishing time when you want seeds? Just let the plant “die” off to finish to have the best chance of producing the most viable seeds. They should just about fall out.
45N
Cuz it will be in a mountain hill where strong winds will easily blow them away...and hunting season starts, so much more chance to be found. Ok, so if a plant hermies by itself = not good for pollination? Only CSilver female pollen. Any idea what's the chance it doesn't produce pollen and do i have to spray every day?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Cuz it will be in a mountain hill where strong winds will easily blow them away...and hunting season starts, so much more chance to be found. Ok, so if a plant hermies by itself = not good for pollination? Only CSilver female pollen. Any idea what's the chance it doesn't produce pollen and do i have to spray every day?
Here's some info I cut and pasted together (different authors) from around the web..I sprayed a Cackleberry female 2x per day til sacs began to open..the pollen from a feminized plant is nowhere near as plentiful as that from a true male.

"It Produces 600ml/1 Pint of 50PPM (estimated) Colloidal silver in less than 2 hours. I used 3 x 9v batteries daisy chained to produce 27V, 20cm pure Silver wire (2 x 10cm Electrodes), a glass jar, some electrical tape and wood dowel for the wire support. It is self explanatory from the pictures of how its put together. Just add Distilled water and turn the air pump on and wait.
(It does pay to clean the electrodes with a nylon scourer every 10min or so). I used a TDS meter (it's an in-accurate way of doing it but its worked for me) to measure to 25PPM on the meter which is then multiplied to 2x - 2.5x for Colloidal PPM 25PPM = 50 - 62.5PPM of Colloidal Silver. Strain it through a coffee Filter and store in a dark place (I wrapped a sprayer bottle with foil) and your ready to go!

Important! Keep spraying daily until pollen sacs open up. Don't stop spraying early, even if pollen sacs appear to be already formed, otherwise they may not produce much pollen!"

3 14 18 Cackleberry CS treated clone
4 6 18 Cackleberry female pollen

Step 3: Wait until the pollen sacs are ready. Let them swell like a big empty balloon. You will be able to tell when they are ready because they look about to burst and the leaf section protecting the pollen starts to crack.

Step 4: At this point, simply remove the pollen sacs carefully from the plant and place them in a cool dry place for a week to let them dry.

Step 5: Place the sacs in a small ziploc bag. The pollen will come out if you shake them a bit, or you can cut open the sacs manually to get to the pollen inside.

How to Store Pollen: Moisture is your main enemy when storing pollen. That's why I double the mass of the pollen collected by adding regular cooking flour. This will absorb any moisture during storage plus as an added bonus, it will make application easier when you get to pollinating. I triple-bag the pollen-flour mixture, and stick it in the freezer with a good nametag so I know where the pollen came from. With this method,marijuana pollen can be stored for a year or longer.

Use the Feminized Pollen to Pollinate Another Female

Step 6: When your chosen mother is 2-3 weeks into the flowering stage, take a paintbrush and 'paint' your feminized pollen on bud sites of the branches you want to pollinate. Only the buds that come in contact with pollen will start to grow seeds. You can choose to pollinate all of your buds, but most growers will only choose to pollinate a few, so they can harvest and smoke the rest. (Seed-laden b

45North

45North

Deer food or hunters? I must say that I totally frown upon guerrilla gardens on public land. The forest is a forest not a farm.
Don’t like this ? Then VOTE!
My experience with guerrilla gardening is that they are in it for the $$$ and totally ravage their grow area. Not cool.
45N

K

kansabis

Deer food or hunters? I must say that I totally frown upon guerrilla gardens on public land. The forest is a forest not a farm.
My experience with guerrilla gardening is that they are in it for the $$$ and totally ravage their grow area. Not cool.
45N
Amen

2020r1

45N
?? Its very deep in a mountain doesn't bother anyone, i think ill go with long flowering auto strain. Its small area nor ill cut any tree or use pesticides only dog hair and if i see slugs copper line :ninja:

K

kansabis

?? Its very deep in a mountain doesn't bother anyone, i think ill go with long flowering auto strain. Its small area nor ill cut any tree or use pesticides only dog hair and if i see slugs copper line :ninja:
Are you in a legal state??

dankninja

dankninja

cartel style..there are so many documentaries on this..makes all of us look (more) dirty.

even indoors these guys will make a mess. one thug & one meek little dude came into my local hyd store and bought 50k worth of gear all at once...then left half of it there. never to return, shit just sat there.

dankninja

dankninja

to answer your questions about femming..yes if a plant hermies by itself naturally, especially early in flower, and not last second, those seeds or progeny will usually carry on the hermie trait. some people plan to have their plants herm at last second, called rodelization, and does not require chemicals. but less stable..ish.

if you cs or sts a female that does not have a hermie trait, and is relatively pure.. you can get reliable pollin to dust another stable female. I would use regular Male & Female seeds to find a pure mother, then clone her, then spray one clone, and dust the other. If you had a clone only, same thing, minus the parent selection.

with cs you spray for at least 14? days or so, depends. Buzzer has his method working obviously, and has documentation here on farm. Chimera is another great resource and has lots of experience femming. My first failed CS attempt is covered on farm as well.

with sts can be one time treatment, havent used it yet. trying a old new product called elitexxelite or something, from hybridtech, think its similar

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

to answer your questions about femming..yes if a plant hermies by itself naturally, especially early in flower, and not last second, those seeds or progeny will usually carry on the hermie trait. some people plan to have their plants herm at last second, called rodelization, and does not require chemicals. but less stable..ish.

if you cs or sts a female that does not have a hermie trait, and is relatively pure.. you can get reliable pollin to dust another stable female. I would use regular Male & Female seeds to find a pure mother, then clone her, then spray one clone, and dust the other. If you had a clone only, same thing, minus the parent selection.

with cs you spray for at least 14? days or so, depends. Buzzer has his method working obviously, and has documentation here on farm. Chimera is another great resource and has lots of experience femming. My first failed CS attempt is covered on farm as well.

with sts can be one time treatment, havent used it yet. trying a old new product called elitexxelite or something, from hybridtech, think its similar
The DIY CS (no idea of the strength, but is over 30ppm) did work on a Cackleberry reg female clone (reg). There is also a Gorilla Wreck#4 feminized clone ..mom from seed... that I began spraying at the same time. She/he has sacs that have yet to open but they are pretty fat..I began spraying a GDP clone and a Pineapple Express2 the other day..will keep ya'll posted as we go..The GDP is my favorite plant..Grew her from feminized seed and cloned her to death..she takes everything including heavy feeding in stride and just keeps on producing. I never even started another seed since she is so fine..If I am successful and the Cackleberry fem pollen took..that should be a match from the gods..:)

After the Cackleberry sacs began to open (after 4-5 weeks of spraying 2x per day), I had to bang the sacs against a glass dish to get at the pollen (my eyes suck for trying to cut them open)..There were a lot of sacs, but very little pollen..good thing a little goes a long way..Got lots more Cackleberry clones waiting.
I had no idea when to stop spraying..conflicting info again), so I thought to stop as the sacs began to open thus avoiding getting the pollen wet and deactivated..
Now to see if history repeats itself!!:)

Last edited:
dankninja

dankninja

5 weeks seems excessive..but 2 weeks with tiresias (2 bottles worth) didnt do anything notable..if it works it works, I'm gonna adjust my next cs run for a little longer spray down.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

5 weeks seems excessive..but 2 weeks with tiresias (2 bottles worth) didnt do anything notable..if it works it works, I'm gonna adjust my next cs run for a little longer spray down.
I thought so too, until I read the article in Growweedeasy that said not to stop until the sacs began to open. I just took a shot not knowing, but trusting the judgement of The Lady that owns the site (Nebula Haze).

Another article I read said to be sure to STOP spraying when you see sacs..That would be about 2 weeks, but I still went with nebula haze.
BTW: I went thru about 2 quarts of the CS and would have gone broke if I bought store bought stuff..I got 5 ft of 16 gauge 999 silver wire for about $20, had a 9 volt pwr supply and alligator clips + mason Jar..Not a bad deal if I get some seeds..If not..I love a good adventure..LOL

dankninja

dankninja

exactly:) its not a big let down as long as you can try again. Ive got my silver 9999 i think, clips adapter and all. gonna go into the gallon jugs with wire, and try to get some math in with my meter. going with the all your eggs in one basket credo..I wont be relying on just CS this time. Nice work bud:)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

exactly:) its not a big let down as long as you can try again. Ive got my silver 9999 i think, clips adapter and all. gonna go into the gallon jugs with wire, and try to get some math in with my meter. going with the all your eggs in one basket credo..I wont be relying on just CS this time. Nice work bud:)
I am watching your STS deal as well..;)
Meantime I found this and hope it helps you with the math?
If it is halfway accurate..we can make CS at correct strength without getting the expensive meter.I use a 9v pwr supply so I divide by three. Also I only make 1-2 pints at a time..Shit stores poorly and not sure about any differences in timing caused by that amount of water (a gallon at a time?)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It Produces 600ml/1 Pint of 50PPM (estimated) Colloidal silver in less than 2 hours. I used 3 x 9v batteries daisy chained to produce 27V, 20cm pure Silver wire (2 x 10cm Electrodes), a glass jar, some electrical tape and wood dowel for the wire support. It is self explanatory from the pictures of how its put together. Just add Distilled water and turn the air pump on and wait.
(It does pay to clean the electrodes with a nylon scourer every 10min or so). I used a TDS meter (it's an in-accurate way of doing it but its worked for me) to measure to 25PPM on the meter which is then multiplied to 2x - 2.5x for Colloidal PPM 25PPM = 50 - 62.5PPM of Colloidal Silver. Strain it through a coffee Filter and store in a dark place (I wrapped a sprayer bottle with foil) and your ready to go!"

Top Bottom