Rain Is Coming, How Long To Wait Before Harvest?

• Thread starter OldManRiver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

The end of the season is upon me. The weather is projected to be hot for the next two days, then the rains start and the temps drop. The next week is projected to be highs in the 50's and 60's, lows in the mid to low 40's, with at least showers every day.

My white widows really need another couple of weeks to be perfect. However, this weather is a recipe for bud rot; I already had to chop one top due to mold. I am concerned that if I wait, I'll get widespread bud rot and mold. The plants are so big that it's not practical to cover them.

My question to the group is, would you take the risk and let them grow for another week and risk the rot, or would you take them out before the rains start? The buds are well developed, and getting sizable, but they obviously could go two to even three weeks longer. This is a personal use grow, I will have plenty of weed if I chop now, and we like the uppier high that an early chop will produce. But will I lose too much strength?

The good news are that the AK 48's are ready, and we'll take them down this weekend.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Wwbud9 26
Girls9 23
Rain is coming how long to wait before harvest 3
KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Looks like a hell of a batch you got there! I would cover them at night and when it rains. Looks like it's gonna be a bitch covering them but you don't want to pick them early as outdoor plants will explode as ripening approaches, and with plants that size, you should expect to get a huge yield. It appears in the bud picture that your definitely right, they got a couple good weeks left to go.

Last edited:
KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

I'll be honest with you, they don't even look close to being done to me. I got a few outdoors in Mi and mine got 2 to 3 weeks left easily. It doesn't even appear your buds are toppling over yet.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

I have never covered mine at night unless rain is in the forecast but I've been lucky and never gotten mold. Other growers "MirrorZen" pointed out Dew and shit like that and that has me thinking, and I can see where that's good procedure and advice.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I think I'm gonna take down the AK48's which are showing some mold sensitivity, and one of the White widows, and then see how the rest of the plants do. If they can get another two weeks, it would be good.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I'll be honest with you, they don't even look close to being done to me. I got a few outdoors in Mi and mine got 2 to 3 weeks left easily. It doesn't even appear your buds are toppling over yet.
I hear you, and agree. Last year I got some bud rot with this strain, and that's what worries me. The Ak48's are toppling. The white widows could go for two or three more weeks, if the weather will permit me. As I said above, the AK's are coming down this weekend, along with one of the WW's, and then I'm gonna take my chances with the remaining three.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

I hear you, and agree. Last year I got some bud rot with this strain, and that's what worries me. The Ak48's are toppling. The white widows could go for two or three more weeks, if the weather will permit me. As I said above, the AK's are coming down this weekend, along with one of the WW's, and then I'm gonna take my chances with the remaining three.
Looks like you got your game down well, them are some beauties. I would do what ever it takes to see them through till the end. Give us an update on how your yield turnout, if you will.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Ak's are already getting some mold, they come down tomorrow

B

Burned Haze

I would chop the tops , h202 @ 5% (every 3 days and if it and you gotta spray quicker)

Deleaf more cause your plants look like your mid range are being in shade from fans . Once the tops are removed and mid ranges can be dominate power for plant and plant has better air flow and less shade it will have more rock nugs ( give em 7-21 days, whatever your weather let’s tou and just watch the plants disease levels . I use a beam light right before the sun goes down )

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Took down the AK48's, and it was a good thing, as I found several patches of mold. I saved 99% of the crop, though, and the buds are drying nicely.

The WW's are coming along, and the buds are finishing by the day. We have a streak of good weather, and I'm gonna run them to the end of it.

Wwbud2 10 2 1
Wwbud10 2 1
Wwbud3 10 2
Akharvest
Top Bottom