Rain... Less Than A Week Til Harvest

• Thread starter Stayseeded
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stayseeded

Hello!

My plants got rained on last night... not tons of rain... but they’re definitely pretty wet, and there is some more rain in the forecast. The forecast is 80s and it is overcast and humid (currently 80% humidity)
Are my buds ruined?? I shook off as much water as possible, but the buds are quite soaked. I was planning to harvest in the next few days/week. :(
I need advice!!

Rain less than a week til harvest
Perception

Perception

No, they aren't ruined at all. If anything, you got a nice wash before harvest! Some people even wash their buds right after chopping. Especially outdoor buds, to get any dust & microbes from the air off of it.

The main thing with buds getting wet is that it can lead to bud rot. Botrytis. If it gets sunny today, and they dry out pretty quickly, you'll probably be fine. Just keep an eye on them, and look for any brown spots appearing on buds. That's the rot.

If they are ready, you could just chop. If they've gotten wet at chop, or you are washing, the best thing to do is to blow an oscillating fan DIRECTLY on them for about 8 - 12 hours while they are hang drying. Then remove fan and get back to regular hang drying. You only want direct fan blowing at the beginning to dry up the extra moisture.

But you can play it multiple ways. Definitely not ruined.

4plant

4plant

Same boat here, shake em off and try keep them covered even if you have to put them in a shed or garage to avoid rain for a day. Looks like you need more than a couple days to finish. Hopefully you get some sunny windy days soon.

Madmax

Madmax

Everythings good.little rain wont hurt em.just make sure they are staked more to support the extra weight.they appear to b a few weeks to go by the looks of them.wind is your friend here.but like others have said you can shake excess water off them .theres been talk on here using actnovate for mold in Greatlakes thread...

Cheers max

S

Stayseeded

Thank you SO much! I feel much better.
I just chopped one branch and left the rest & will keep an eye on them

No, they aren't ruined at all. If anything, you got a nice wash before harvest! Some people even wash their buds right after chopping. Especially outdoor buds, to get any dust & microbes from the air off of it.

The main thing with buds getting wet is that it can lead to bud rot. Botrytis. If it gets sunny today, and they dry out pretty quickly, you'll probably be fine. Just keep an eye on them, and look for any brown spots appearing on buds. That's the rot.

If they are ready, you could just chop. If they've gotten wet at chop, or you are washing, the best thing to do is to blow an oscillating fan DIRECTLY on them for about 8 - 12 hours while they are hang drying. Then remove fan and get back to regular hang drying. You only want direct fan blowing at the beginning to dry up the extra moisture.

But you can play it multiple ways. Definitely not ruined.

Latest posts

Top Bottom