Random Grow Journal (multi-strain)

• Thread starter SoLowDolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Looks kinda like Tmv

plants that were grown near tobacco and never treated with care/proper defenses could def have the issues or have the seeds?

maybe it’s just a mutant , but check out tmv if you haven’t
I haven't really looked into it much but I will. It has had those weird discolored leaves ever since it sprouted.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Looks kinda like Tmv

plants that were grown near tobacco and never treated with care/proper defenses could def have the issues or have the seeds?

maybe it’s just a mutant , but check out tmv if you haven’t
Damn bro, now u got me thinking I should just trash it. It's just a bagseed and I'd hate for it to spread to my good stuff...

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I always forget about these fuckers, but they're grow

4 kings #1
IMG 20181215 071257046

4 kings #2
IMG 20181215 071251476

Peyote critical
IMG 20181215 071234793

Chromatose #1
IMG 20181215 071254218

Chromatose #2
IMG 20181215 071259910

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Interesting grow. I Jonny appleseeded Mexican beans everywhere when I was a kid. Seen the discussion earlier about the potency of the brickweed. It was weaker because they didn't separate males and pollinated flowers are generally weaker. I would not be surprised if those are some of your best plants.

+subbed

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Interesting grow. I Jonny appleseeded Mexican beans everywhere when I was a kid. Seen the discussion earlier about the potency of the brickweed. It was weaker because they didn't separate males and pollinated flowers are generally weaker. I would not be surprised if those are some of your best plants.

+subbed
Now I feel bad lol... I just trashed them the other day. They were already looking weird, but due to my limitations with space and soil I decided to leave room for my clones. I didn't want to waste space on the unknown.

But I've always been interested in seeing what comes of them mex seeds. I think in the future I will definitely clear space to grow a couple out. I got plenty of seeds.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I wouldn’t sweat it yet. That’s a pretty rare disease. I think folks mistake a variety of other similar symptoms with it. Many times it’s just a mutant or fighting to establish itself in a hostile environment. Not saying yours is hostile but any little thing can seem hostile to such a young plant. Id wait it out and see what happens.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Yeah I wouldn’t sweat it yet. That’s a pretty rare disease. I think folks mistake a variety of other similar symptoms with it. Many times it’s just a mutant or fighting to establish itself in a hostile environment. Not saying yours is hostile but any little thing can seem hostile to such a young plant. Id wait it out and see what happens.
When I looked into it I decided that it probably wasn't tmv but I trashed them anyway lol

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
When I looked into it I decided that it probably wasn't tmv but I trashed them anyway lol

Yeah I seen you said you yanked em just after I posted. No worries. They probably would have grown fairly lanky and took a good amount of time to finish. So definately give yourself plenty of space and time if you do try them again just in case.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Yeah I seen you said you yanked em just after I posted. No worries. They probably would have grown fairly lanky and took a good amount of time to finish. So definately give yourself plenty of space and time if you do try them again just in case.
That's kinda what I was thinking with them being tall and lanky. Part of my decision to yank them...

Monster762

Monster762

I think most of the brickweed gets that way due to how they trim and handle them prior to smashing it into bricks. If you handle anything that way it’s going to turn out way shittier (if that’s a word) than bud treated the right way. Plus they don’t cure it or anything.

Not to mention it’s grown outdoors in less than ideal environments in soil that’s prolly not well Fertilized either.
Agree. Grew bagseeds outdoors a while back Never heard of buying real seeds. I just threw em in a clay mines. Took soil there. They blew up. We’re really healthy plants then got stolen. So then I put some in 5 gal buckets n hoisted them to the tops of these little trees. No one looks up for a plant.

+subbed
yup. Don’t count em out. That brick weed might have good background. N like said you know it wasnt pampered. Pollenated. Probably pulled early too. There’s a lot more potential there than the product they produced. Just depriving them of pollen will increase all levels and terps.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Agree. Grew bagseeds outdoors a while back Never heard of buying real seeds. I just threw em in a clay mines. Took soil there. They blew up. We’re really healthy plants then got stolen. So then I put some in 5 gal buckets n hoisted them to the tops of these little trees. No one looks up for a plant.

yup. Don’t count em out. That brick weed might have good background. N like said you know it wasnt pampered. Pollenated. Probably pulled early too. There’s a lot more potential there than the product they produced. Just depriving them of pollen will increase all levels and terps.
Y'all kinda got me feeling bad now that I pulled them lol

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Now I feel bad lol... I just trashed them the other day. They were already looking weird, but due to my limitations with space and soil I decided to leave room for my clones. I didn't want to waste space on the unknown.

But I've always been interested in seeing what comes of them mex seeds. I think in the future I will definitely clear space to grow a couple out. I got plenty of seeds.

I wouldn't feel bad. If you're unsure it's better to be safe. It looked like chlorosis to me but I'm still a novice and I wouldn't have expected to see that until the soil began to deplete. If they were quality seeds I would have sprayed them with an anti-fungal but since they were what they were, I think you made the prudent choice. They were likely to grow tall as well, so space could have been an issue. If I ever get a hold of any again, I'd love to see if I could train them low through LST and pruning, considering their resiliency. I've done some cool sh*t with rose bushes in the past. Wish I had pics still but the drive holding them got corrupted.

Yes, I will never underestimate Mex brick. I used to sell it back in the day and 4/5 times it would give anything I've smoked recently a run for it's money. If you consider that they're even stronger as sensi, and you'd probably harvest earlier, they'd have a good chance of being a most excellent cerebral stone.

I used to get this day-glow green Sexi-Mexi with around 95% fewer beans. Tasted like lemons, was sugar sweet, and had an incredible energetic high. Oh, I wish I had some of those seeds now. Remember that brick weed is just brick because they compress it for smuggling. It's no "one" strain.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I wouldn't feel bad. If you're unsure it's better to be safe. It looked like chlorosis to me but I'm still a novice and I wouldn't have expected to see that until the soil began to deplete. If they were quality seeds I would have sprayed them with an anti-fungal but since they were what they were, I think you made the prudent choice. They were likely to grow tall as well, so space could have been an issue. If I ever get a hold of any again, I'd love to see if I could train them low through LST and pruning, considering their resiliency. I've done some cool sh*t with rose bushes in the past. Wish I had pics still but the drive holding them got corrupted.

Yes, I will never underestimate Mex brick. I used to sell it back in the day and 4/5 times it would give anything I've smoked recently a run for it's money. If you consider that they're even stronger as sensi, and you'd probably harvest earlier, they'd have a good chance of being a most excellent cerebral stone.

I used to get this day-glow green Sexi-Mexi with around 95% fewer beans. Tasted like lemons, was sugar sweet, and had an incredible energetic high. Oh, I wish I had some of those seeds now. Remember that brick weed is just brick because they compress it for smuggling. It's no "one" strain.
Yeah I definitely am gonna grow them again. I saved a bunch of seeds. Most of it tasted and smelled so bad and had barely any buzz. But every once in a while I would get some that smelled like chocolate and gave me a real trippy buzz that would have me laughing all night and wake up the next morning unable to remember much.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah I definitely am gonna grow them again. I saved a bunch of seeds. Most of it tasted and smelled so bad and had barely any buzz. But every once in a while I would get some that smelled like chocolate and gave me a real trippy buzz that would have me laughing all night and wake up the next morning unable to remember much.

I had some great highs back then. With proper care plants that are considered "mids" can still produce very nice effects if the genetics are available to cultivate.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Glad I checked in them one more time today. I found a fan laying on top of this one lol. Doesn't look too bad now considering it was COMPLETELY flattened when I found it.

IMG 20181215 182436115

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Any idea what could cause this? It's the only plant showing these symptoms so far. It was fine a couple days ago. I watered it yesterday. It happened the day before I watered it. Could it be under watering? I water it with the rest tho but I do tend to forget about these plants sometimes.
IMG 20181222 180313789

Top Bottom