Random Thoughts on Physical Security

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That sounds fantastic, but in reality it's a fantastic way to get arrested and experience stiffer charges and sentencing than that idiot who came to rip you off. What I wrote above was written before my home invasion robbery.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
Question. If you have a small personal grow where you live do you think it's smart or not to have a monitored security system?
Reason I ask is if you're not home and it misfire police may enter your house and find your grow.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Question. If you have a small personal grow where you live do you think it's smart or not to have a monitored security system?
Reason I ask is if you're not home and it misfire police may enter your house and find your grow.

Not worth the risk imo..

THCdurk

THCdurk

All ya just need to get a gun. Point blank if your that scared someone gonna break into your shit man up and get a gun. Why waste money going threw all these security me sure when you can spend 300 got take classes or whatever to get your lisence and be straight. Idk if you've ever seen down the barrel of a gun, but you Def wanna shit your pants. Just saying. And if your scared of the risks. Then don't do it at all. This isn't something that should be taking lightly I personally despise a theif. So unless your scaring them or threatening them and showing them you mean it, your shit WILL GET STOLEN. Because they will keep trying until they know you mean it trust me I grew up in a shitt part and have ALOT of experience with these types of people. Just save the trouble and take the necessary classes or training and buy a gun.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

If you put deadbolts on every door you could always have them keyed alike so you only needed one key. If a thief wants in they will find a way, after that booby traps and slowing them down is all you can do. Get "home alone" on em. Kwikset makes a bump proof lock that changes keys instantly so you just get a bunch of those and change them all to one key.

ZONER

ZONER

How about a trip wire....say to use 12 gauge blanks but WTF how about some 00 Buck just mount it on the inside wall of a window or 5 feet inside a door way......

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Here in the UK there are gangs that look for grows or get Intel then come rob u (not unique to here I know) People are getting hurt. I don't want my front door to look like fort knox for obvious reasons. I have a stun gun but I would get put in prison not them if I used it. How the hell are we supposed to look after our grows here. I have a pitbull..but man is she soft...she would run away bless her. I just worry so much about it. As a woman I know I can look after myself...but not against big men in balaclavas. Does anyone gave any ideas about personal protection equipment that isn't illegal but works?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There's a method to blocking the front door that makes it damn near impossible to kick in. I happened to open the door to my robbers/attackers, so be cautious in how anyone approaches your door or stands by it. I didn't realize until the question was asked of me, "Was he standing really close to the door?" Well, yes. Yes he was. I never thought about that, but someone who's not up to no good usually knocks or rings, then stands back, not super-tight to the door. I thought I was gonna get another free load of wood chips.

Then, the dog. Mine came equipped to deal with mine, they brought biscuits. She actually got in the way licking my head after I was hit and tasered, so they threw a biscuit out the door to get rid of the fucking dog.

I had pepper spray sitting on my desk, about 10' too far out of my reach. And a gun? Would have served me just as well. Even worse, actually.

We now have security cameras around the place, as well as a security system. I've retrained the dog to be much more aggressive when anyone approaches the house. She'll never bite, I don't know how to retrain for that, but she sure scares the shit out of people even worse now than before. This is one of the reasons why we know that my robbers knew me and my family, because they knew how to handle the dog.

So.. really, in my opinion, the best thing is to let them have as much weed as they want, let them know they don't have to hit you to get it. I kept jabbering while I was listening to what else was going on, I'm not sure, but I think that seemed to help. I also made sure to let them know that I'm medical for a REASON (a couple of them).

ZONER

ZONER

There's a method to blocking the front door that makes it damn near impossible to kick in. I happened to open the door to my robbers/attackers, so be cautious in how anyone approaches your door or stands by it. I didn't realize until the question was asked of me, "Was he standing really close to the door?" Well, yes. Yes he was. I never thought about that, but someone who's not up to no good usually knocks or rings, then stands back, not super-tight to the door. I thought I was gonna get another free load of wood chips.

Then, the dog. Mine came equipped to deal with mine, they brought biscuits. She actually got in the way licking my head after I was hit and tasered, so they threw a biscuit out the door to get rid of the fucking dog.

I had pepper spray sitting on my desk, about 10' too far out of my reach. And a gun? Would have served me just as well. Even worse, actually.

We now have security cameras around the place, as well as a security system. I've retrained the dog to be much more aggressive when anyone approaches the house. She'll never bite, I don't know how to retrain for that, but she sure scares the shit out of people even worse now than before. This is one of the reasons why we know that my robbers knew me and my family, because they knew how to handle the dog.

So.. really, in my opinion, the best thing is to let them have as much weed as they want, let them know they don't have to hit you to get it. I kept jabbering while I was listening to what else was going on, I'm not sure, but I think that seemed to help. I also made sure to let them know that I'm medical for a REASON (a couple of them).

Oh by the way I have several smaller handguns in several areas of my home. Even have one that I mounted on the inside door of a cabinet in the bathroom , in an old pancake holster......ha

Last edited:
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Oh by the way I have several smaller handguns in several areas of my home. Even have one that I mounted on the inside door of a cabinet in the bathroom , in an old pancake holster......ha
What is that called and where can I get one?
Nevermind, google found it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The method the police outlined for me basically creates a triangle that has its 'foot' on the floor, and the apex is square in the middle of the door. It's more complicated than a bar across the door.

And... having handguns in your home won't do shit for you if you're not carrying them and, this is key, have it out and ready to use at less than a moment's notice. Then you get to deal with the police reaction to a grower having guns. I'm very glad I managed to avoid that mess.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yep jail time and fines go way up when firearms are in the grow house. In saying that is seems the common consensus is guns, dogs, bombs or booby traps. What comes to my mind with all of the added ramifications of weapon based security is, at times we forget the Golden Rule of growin. Never, never tell anyone, not friends not family NO One. If your in a relationship while growing you better be damned sure you are on good terms. But bottom line is stealth is the best security. Of course this applies even if in legal states as most peeps cannot or will not keep their mouths shut and will tell someone outside of your bubble. Generally speaking more times than not youll be ripped by neighbors or someone you know. It is human nature to want to show off your cultivation skillz. Do so at your own risk.........

ZONER

ZONER

The method the police outlined for me basically creates a triangle that has its 'foot' on the floor, and the apex is square in the middle of the door. It's more complicated than a bar across the door.

And... having handguns in your home won't do shit for you if you're not carrying them and, this is key, have it out and ready to use at less than a moment's notice. Then you get to deal with the police reaction to a grower having guns. I'm very glad I managed to avoid that mess.
I myself have no intentions on notifying the Constabulary. I carry all the time ....from getting up till going to bed. And most importantly practice practice practice. I have seen the bars that slide into the bracket on the floor then into a brace on the door. Sea you were lucky the first time.....but as they say 1st time shame on YOU, second time shame on ME, just keep aware of your surroundings even at home because that is where we are at ease and the most lax.... Please stay safe and Healthy SeaMaiden. It a shame when we have to live like this.

Oh I'd post picks of the several handguns I have in holsters mounted throughout my property....but that would defeat my purpose....ha

LibertyHails

LibertyHails

As long as you are growing "legally" buy a fucking gun, period. Its called the 2nd amendment, (the right to keep and bear arms shall NOT be infringed)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Are you aware the risks you're setting yourself up for by doing that? It is damn near guaranteed to cause the grower more problems than it's worth, IMO/IME.

akstoner

akstoner

All i can say is there are some funny and seriously good info here for growers to think about security for everyone that has been broke into and robbed sorry it happened to you.....
On that note i use security cameras all over the house 1 watching the front porch and drive way 1 in the backyard, and a few other spots but trust me being retired military i have protection lol as a friend of mine said is "IED is ready if someone wants to steal my plants they will take the house with them" :) and i'll just leave this right here......... pops smoke

Shit got real
LibertyHails

LibertyHails

buy a gun... and that's it. as long as your legal there is nothing to worry about. Im not one of those pussys who hates guns. they are nothing more than a tool for a certain task, self preservation

THCdurk

THCdurk

Like the old saying guns don't kill peopke , people kill people. Just depends on how you use it. Just gotta be mature about shit.

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

All ya just need to get a gun. Point blank if your that scared someone gonna break into your shit man up and get a gun. Why waste money going threw all these security me sure when you can spend 300 got take classes or whatever to get your lisence and be straight. Idk if you've ever seen down the barrel of a gun, but you Def wanna shit your pants. Just saying. And if your scared of the risks. Then don't do it at all. This isn't something that should be taking lightly I personally despise a theif. So unless your scaring them or threatening them and showing them you mean it, your shit WILL GET STOLEN. Because they will keep trying until they know you mean it trust me I grew up in a shitt part and have ALOT of experience with these types of people. Just save the trouble and take the necessary classes or training and buy a gun.

As long as you are growing "legally" buy a fucking gun, period. Its called the 2nd amendment, (the right to keep and bear arms shall NOT be infringed)
In Michigan, you can grow, or you can own guns. But not both. We also have a beautiful mandatory two law for firearm in commission of a felony. You can take my shit over two more in Jackson any day.

Top Bottom