Rdwc - Net Pot Size

• Thread starter Medigrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medigrow

Medigrow

Hey all! =)

I will start my RWDC soon and I was wondering if the size of the net pot has any consequence since the roots are submerged?

Thank you !

Medigrow

Medigrow

Bigger pots give more support to your plant, but I use plant cages, so no advantage to me.

I will take a look if I can get some 5 or 6 inches quickly, else i'll go with 3" and add some support :)

Thank you for your input!

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

But is there any advantage to use the 6 inches?
You need the pot to be big enough to anchor the plant. I grow a short SCROG, six inches is adequate. If you were growing 6 footers, might want to go bigger. The pot size does not affect the ability of the plant to grow; the roots will grow down into the solution, and will grow as big as needed, regardless of the size of the pot.

Medigrow

Medigrow

I was thinking about 16-18 inches in scrog before switching to flo... One net at 16-18 inches and another one at 30-33 inches ~

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

Work done, I redid my holes, now on 6 inches! Really anxious to fire up the system, no leak on both system :D
I'm In same spot. filled buckets with H2o, and spent the evening tightening bulkhead fittings. Think everything is tight now. Going to use 6 inch pots as well.

Medigrow

Medigrow

yeah, those 3" pots does look weak... Dunno how it would handle decent plant size without a zillion of support. Have to figure out how to install my treillis now! =)

Indiva710

Indiva710

I use 8in cc net pots as I have a x4 cc rdwc for veg and I have x2 27gal for bloom well 3 w controller and I do x2 plants per bucket with the 8in and i have floating double netted fully adjustable scrog nets 46x40 per bucket and I scrog at about 12-18in but just depends too...but the 5-6in would work fine with doing scrogs

Nugg

Nugg

If you're use a net system..once it grows in it..you could just hang the plant by that....so net size has 0 effect on the plant support..if growing free standing then bigger the better...simple..

Medigrow

Medigrow

My rework is allready done.. went from 3" to 6" =) I'm cheap, less water (less nutriments) will be used since more volume in clay... ahahah I am kidding, of course!

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Cz garden 6” net pots with lip are pretty bomb I got them after I seen heisen get them.

Top Bottom