Rdwc.... Tips For Success?

• Thread starter Ksell
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ksell

Ksell

OK I tried dwc in 9 buckets in a 6x6x8 lighthouse hydro tent. That was a pain in the A switching out all those nutes, my airstones went all clogged in like week 5 and i got root rot which devastated my crop for the most part. Since then I've added hydro guard, made system I did similar to the under current for rdwc. Only 6 plants this time. I am using

plagron hydro a and b
Sonic bloom by Humboldt county's own for week one and the week before flush.
Liquid kool bloom for weeks 2-3 then onto
Green sensation. Starting week 4
Hydro guard to the end.

My water temps get high, my tent is outdoor under a canopy but they can reach upwards of 85F.
I'm using frozen water bottles to help cool until I get my ac fixed.... I am pretty experienced, 20 years off and on. Using supercropping and defoliation techniques.

Is there anything else I can do to prevent root rot this time. Also, is anyone using dwc with a very simple nute schedule? I don't want to buy a whole line of shit. Was told that using ONLY PLAGRON A,B and green sensation would yield a nice crop.

My strains are pineapple chunk(very cheesy pheno BTW)
Blue cheese(amazing side branching)
Moscow blueberry(has responded amazing to supercropping. This pic is from middle, end of week two. And I'll post one a week to document progress. Tips? Please, nutrient reps, stay away. I want your actual personal results. Not something you read off a bottle or website. What nutes give the best yield in dwc? Without using 100 products.

Rdwc tips for success
Rdwc tips for success 2
Rdwc tips for success 3
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

OK I tried dwc in 9 buckets in a 6x6x8 lighthouse hydro tent. That was a pain in the A switching out all those nutes, my airstones went all clogged in like week 5 and i got root rot which devastated my crop for the most part. Since then I've added hydro guard, made system I did similar to the under current for rdwc. Only 6 plants this time. I am using

plagron hydro a and b
Hydro guard to the end.

My water temps get high, my tent is outdoor under a canopy but they can reach upwards of 85F.
I'm using frozen water bottles to help cool until I get my ac fixed.... I am pretty experienced, 20 years off and on. Using supercropping and defoliation techniques.

Is there anything else I can do to prevent root rot this time. Also, is anyone using dwc with a very simple nute schedule? I don't want to buy a whole line of shit. Was told that using ONLY PLAGRON A,B and green sensation would yield a nice crop.

Moscow blueberry(has responded amazing to supercropping. This pic is from middle, end of week two. And I'll post one a week to document progress. Tips? Please, nutrient reps, stay away. I want your actual personal results. Not something you read off a bottle or website. What nutes give the best yield in dwc? Without using 100 products.
where is the water pump?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

plagron hydro a and b
Hydro guard to the end.

I got to work here in a few, but i will be happy to help when i get home. What and where did you get your uniseals? No leaks from them in the round buckets?
2"?
The easist is prob Flora nova grow and bloom... just 1 part with a few additives if you want...
You need a water chiller. hydrogaurd is a must. Im subbed..

Ksell

Ksell

In the 7th bucket with the lid. Right next to the big control res. The sub pump didn't have a threaded piece to run it out of water.

Ksell

Ksell

I've used floranova in soil , nice and easy. However since its an organic nutes. Wouldn't that only contribute to more rot issues? I figure if I remain as synthetic as possible my high water temps "should" be okay.I think..... The only organic nutes I'm using is orca and hydro guard. Basically to get the roots healthy enough to fight pythiun if it should arise.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I've used floranova in soil , nice and easy. However since its an organic nutes. Wouldn't that only contribute to more rot issues? I figure if I remain as synthetic as possible my high water temps "should" be okay.I think..... The only organic nutes I'm using is orca and hydro guard. Basically to get the roots healthy enough to fight pythiun if it should arise.
never seen the water pump like that.. Guess if it works, then hell ya...
I use flora nova in rdwc with no problems for over a year. Water temps is your biggest enemy! Hydrogaurd will take care of that, but if you have any other problems, it can falter a little... I just last run started feeding tea once a week, and it seems to really help...

Ksell

Ksell

To clear up the pump thing. That pic doesn't show the hose coming out of the top of that lid via rubber grommet. Leading into the main control res. So nova huh, in dwc? What was your yield like as far as per the strain you used.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

he means compost tea it's when you add certain amendments to cheese cloth or panty hose or just straight into a bucket of clean water as in no chlorine or chloramine and bubble it for 24-48 hours and than strain it. The resulting tea is a mix of goodies for your roots and plant itself. One advice in regards to rdwc is to make sure you have your temps dialed in. having frozen bottles is okay in the controller but not in the buckets with the roots if the roots touch the super cold water bottle it could fuck em up. And although you're going to have more conveinance with rdwc in regards to topping up and change out if ONE plant goes to shit theirs a good chance they all will since their sharing the same enviroment.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Maybe next time try and install some kind of shut off valve to each row of buckets so if 1 of 3 screws up you can shut it off from infecting the others although by the time you find out it could have been recirculating for a couple hours already or a full day so it's something you gotta keep on top of but so long as your temps are good it should be bountiful

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

To clear up the pump thing. That pic doesn't show the hose coming out of the top of that lid via rubber grommet. Leading into the main control res. So nova huh, in dwc? What was your yield like as far as per the strain you used.
Yield????Do u really think one nutrient from another is gonna make that much difference? Your ability to grow will dictate your yield. Not some bottle

Ksell

Ksell

Well its Barney's farm pineapple chunk I believe. Moscow blueberry is klashkinov . probably spelled that wrong. Blue cheese is from expert seeds , liked the Barney's blue cheese better tbh.

Ksell

Ksell

he means compost tea it's when you add certain amendments to cheese cloth or panty hose or just straight into a bucket of clean water as in no chlorine or chloramine and bubble it for 24-48 hours and than strain it. The resulting tea is a mix of goodies for your roots and plant itself. One advice in regards to rdwc is to make sure you have your temps dialed in. having frozen bottles is okay in the controller but not in the buckets with the roots if the roots touch the super cold water bottle it could fuck em up. And although you're going to have more conveinance with rdwc in regards to topping up and change out if ONE plant goes to shit theirs a good chance they all will since their sharing the same enviroment.
I've been using them in two buckets that I have that are plain DWC and the roots don't seem to mind it. We'll see. I know the last run was screwed mainly because my air stones all got clogged the same day I caught them mid wilt. I just changed them today so it should be good the next 7-10weeks

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Sounds noobish but, what do you mean by "tea" ??
sorry I missed your question.... I use ogbiowar root pack, worm castings, and unsulfered molasses,,, bubble it for 24 hrs... its beneficial bacteria that will eat bad bacteria (pythium)

Ksell

Ksell

sorry I missed your question.... I use ogbiowar root pack, worm castings, and unsulfered molasses,,, bubble it for 24 hrs... its beneficial bacteria that will eat bad bacteria (pythium)
Could you go into amounts please. Never brewed tea but willing to give it a go.

Top Bottom