Rdwc.... Tips For Success?

• Thread starter Ksell
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Any good chillers y'all know of ? That aren't an arm and a leg
your best bet is to buy one off of craigslist, from a legal state. Still gonna be expensive to ship.. prob 50 just for shifting... U prob gonna have to pay 300 no matter what route you go :(

Ksell

Ksell

Hey, off topic but I'm starting week 3 on my 6bucket system and week 5 on my 2 single buckets. They all look really healthy. But no dime size buds are on it like normal , any idea why,? My room gets pretty hot as I'm in a hot ass state. Could high water temps cause this? My water is veeeeeeery aerated

Ksell

Ksell

I just looked on amazon and the price went up. I bought the pack of 5 for like 7.85. I got 3 packs. Now those packs are 19.99 on there wow. Glad I got them when I did.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hey, off topic but I'm starting week 3 on my 6bucket system and week 5 on my 2 single buckets. They all look really healthy. But no dime size buds are on it like normal , any idea why,? My room gets pretty hot as I'm in a hot ass state. Could high water temps cause this? My water is veeeeeeery aerated
not that I would think

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

in regards to the price going up who knows with amazon and ebay might have some algorithm like airline websites where if you look at something and ponder it and htan come back to it the price goes up , kinda like hey buy it now or the price is gonna go up again.

Ksell

Ksell

Hmm I guess I gotta wait n see. I will say that when I added the green sensation to my two stand alone buckets at week 4, they definitely showed an explosive stretch and the hard work of defoliating, let's just say those leaves came back with a vengeance. Just a few hairs popping out currently. The plants all look very healthy. Could it be I got some phenos that just have a bit longer flower period or should all strains have dime size buds by week 4.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hmm I guess I gotta wait n see. I will say that when I added the green sensation to my two stand alone buckets at week 4, they definitely showed an explosive stretch and the hard work of defoliating, let's just say those leaves came back with a vengeance. Just a few hairs popping out currently. The plants all look very healthy. Could it be I got some phenos that just have a bit longer flower period or should all strains have dime size buds by week 4.
Well, plants can all be different... Its like this tho,, either that is what it is, or you messed up the light cycle somewhere... Only 2 things i could think of to prevent flowering... just have to wait and see :(

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

yeah in regards to the dime size buds all depends on the strain, some of the most potent strains have small yields how dense are they? or just fluffy

Ksell

Ksell

Okay, I've done blue cheese Moscow BB and pineapple chunk probably about 3-4 runs with these specific phenos. I popped from seed last year and I'm going to narrow to one strain, Moscow BB for the next run. This pheno just responds too nicely for supercropping , as well as over all a very nice structure. I yielded about 13 ounces off one plant,outdoors that was.

Ksell

Ksell

Well another week has gone by and they are still looking healthy af. The 2 buckets that started 2 weeks prior to the rdwc 6 plant system are now showing hairs. So I ready somewhere , when you switch from 24 to 12/12 that doesn't just start "week1" flowering , that wk 1 starts when you first see hairs during it's stretch. Then you start week 1 nutes whoever your line is. . Any input or advice on this. It makes total sense to me.

IMG 20170523 201010
IMG 20170523 201153
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well another week has gone by and they are still looking healthy af. The 2 buckets that started 2 weeks prior to the rdwc 6 plant system are now showing hairs. So I ready somewhere , when you switch from 24 to 12/12 that doesn't just start "week1" flowering , that wk 1 starts when you first see hairs during it's stretch. Then you start week 1 nutes whoever your line is. . Any input or advice on this. It makes total sense to me.
I dont know anybody that follows that close top any book or manual, or feed schedule... Some ppl give half veg and half bloom nutes for a week of transition.. I dont..
I flip and give bloom nutes at 1.6 Ec..... week 1

U

Unicorns

Week 1 starts when you flip to 12/12. As for seeing hairs I was taught that sex is usually shown around the fifth branch from the bottom as it grows. It doesn't have to be in flower to show sex. When it comes to nutrients I have used Cultured Solutions who has recently changed feed schedule where week 1 no longer mixes Veg A/B , bloom A/B and early boost .Just Bloom A/B and early boost. I have been growing for a few years now mixing both Veg A/B , bloom A/B and early boost on week 1 flower without issue. I'm doing this run trying the new feed schedule.

Ksell

Ksell

Update. So I think my old school dial timer may be jacked up. I was in there there other day at about noon and it kicked on for some reason. I'm like hmm wtf maybe the little tab got bumped? Nope. I turned it by hand slowly to check and Wala at 1230 it kicked on for 15 mins. Sometimes it did sometimes it didn't. Anyway It's a cheap timer so I'll be upgrading soon.
Pics before and after a mild defoliation. They look gorgeous so far. No deficiency's at all. I put my AC back in today(it's GFI on the plug was jacked) so I hope I won't need a chiller, however I WILL be buying one soon too. It's already been justified to the wife lol so I can't turn back now yay! Found some samples I had of roots excellerator so I threw it in the res after reading how it fights pythium, that stuff goes a long way wow. I probably went like 1/2 strength or less. Also used floralicious bloom at half as well. They look great.

IMG 20170529 224354
IMG 20170529 224619
IMG 20170529 230410
Ksell

Ksell

Btw my lights are on 3pm to 3am. Question. Does anyone think I have too many tops? I know each strain is diff on this. But can I really have too many tops if I defoliate religiously? Like only the top fan leaves. I leave the bottom ones on lower branches so they can stretch closer to the canopy. They are bushy as f mostly. I'm having to defoliate the tops constantly to keep light passing to the lower branches. Also my plants are only like 1.5-2ft tall. From the bucket lids. I bent and broke a lot of branches to keep a low canopy .

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Btw my lights are on 3pm to 3am. Question. Does anyone think I have too many tops? I know each strain is diff on this. But can I really have too many tops if I defoliate religiously? Like only the top fan leaves. I leave the bottom ones on lower branches so they can stretch closer to the canopy. They are bushy as f mostly. I'm having to defoliate the tops constantly to keep light passing to the lower branches. Also my plants are only like 1.5-2ft tall. From the bucket lids. I bent and broke a lot of branches to keep a low canopy .
It look great bro.. Read up on lollipopping...

Ksell

Ksell

I know about it. Think I should? I have pruned some that weren't getting like any light but I want to have huge bottom nugs too so I've been keeping out all the big top fan leaves. Is that ok to defoliate lightly, daily?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I know about it. Think I should? I have pruned some that weren't getting like any light but I want to have huge bottom nugs too so I've been keeping out all the big top fan leaves. Is that ok to defoliate lightly, daily?
dont defol no more, your into flower now. I would just clean up the bottom... lower nugs hardly ever mature, and they look like shit... you not gonna lose the bottom nug, it just moves to the top....

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Still baking
pull all them dead leaves out of there. They attract bugs, and you prob be surprised how fast bugs can take over and destroy a crop before a rookie even know what hit him..

Remember, there are 3 kinds of ppl in this world...
Ppl that watch shit happen..
Ppl that make shit happen...
And ppl that dont know what the fuck just happened....

Decide what category u want to be in...
Cleanliness in next to Godliness..

Looks good and stacking nice.

Top Bottom