Rdwc Uc Experts Please Help

• Thread starter Indiva710
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Indiva710

Indiva710

So I am in the process of rebuilding my rdwc uc system from 4 buckets down to 2 buckets..I will be using 27gal containers x3 with the control bucket...now I will be using 3in pvc for returns etc..however I'm not sure if I should get the current culture 3in bulkheads or if 3in slip x male and a slip female with x2 epdm gaskets..as it would be cheaper I'm using flat buckets I'm just not sure if theres enough lip on those vs the real bulkheads...
I have alita 120 air pump I will be using I would like to do all pvc no rubber hoses for the system with matala disc I may do x1 12in per bucket or do x2 9in matala disc per bucket which I think will be too much possibly even just 1 9in per bucket may be best...now cc uses 1/2pvc for their matala disc but they use 3/4 rubber hose for the pump usually so I'm not sure if 3/4 pvc or 1/2in pvc..as idk if I would loose alot of back pressure with the 3/4... any help would be greatly appreciated...been trying to find answers with no luck...
Also what is the largest return line would you guys suggest as well..I'm going at least 1in but not sure if 1.25 or 1.5in would be better..I just want to make sure I get everything planned out this time so it's nice and clean and works perfect like it should...
So I will be using 3 buckets and I'm curious on the control bucket on if I have to keep it in the middle between the two buckets or if putting it to one side would be better...
Also what about the exhaust on the control bucket is it best to have 1 outlet that goes into a tee like cc does or would it be better to have them come out 2 separate holes... I've also seen someone put the intake say on the right side of the 1st bucket and the exhaust he has it coming from the left side but they were both on the same front side of the bucket or the back so it would be a straight shot out no elbows I'f that makes sense...
Sorry for so many questions at once I appreciate your time reading this and your knowledge and help thankyou kindly...happy new years

Indiva710

Indiva710

If you guys need pics on explaining things better I can easily do so too just let me know if you have any other questions...
Also I'm considering possibly putting the 1/2 or 3/4in airline under the 3in bulkheads to keep the system very clean looking however I'm not sure if that would be best on it weakening the buckets and would be better off to just put it next to it as I can still run the line under the pvc..I also can build the pvc stands too for the weight on if i would have them higher...or I'd they need it...I will be having a drain system as well of course for this system..as this is my 2nd build for rdwc and want to make sure I get it all planned out ahead of time down to the tee...also I will only have elbows in the airline pvc as all the water will be threaded tees with threaded caps so it's easy to clean the system and probably some unions and ball valves

Nugg

Nugg

I don't have a clue.lmao‍♂️♂️,but I have 3 systems running..one has 2" lines..other 2 I used 1 1/4. Works just fine for me...I have a control room that I keep the mixing tanks in..I like my 10 gal. Can systems better than the 22 gal.

Top Bottom