Ready For Flower?

• Thread starter Hondman441
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hondman441

Hey guys new Grower here first grow I’m at the end of 4 weeks flower and wanting to go flower is it to soon or can I go for it?

Ready for flower
Ready for flower 2
Ready for flower 3
H

Hondman441

Those plants are tiny, you need to veg for couple weeks and do some topping.
I topped all of them about 2 weeks ago they got real bushy after that and grew multiple tops? So 4 weeks of veg is not long enough? I can go longer just making sure I’m doing everything right....these are 5 gallon smart pots.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I grow in five gal as well I don't flip my plants to flower until their waist high. I do have good ceiling height however. What lights are you planning on flowering with?

H

Hondman441

I grow in five gal as well I don't flip my plants to flower until their waist high. I do have good ceiling height however. What lights are you planning on flowering with?

I have 1 king led 1000 watt (I’m sure it’s not that high) and Vivosun 400 watt mh/HPS light

H

Hondman441

More veg time, mostly equates to a bigger plant with more to harvest.

Ok thanks Dan I will give them more time but how can I get them taller? They have nice fat stalks and are bushy but never got taller...I do keep the lights pretty close should I raise them to get some more height?

Perception

Perception

You can flip them to flower now if you want to. Most strains will double or triple in height after you flip, so keep that in mind.

I’ve flipped plants to flower at that height, and they come out nice. Since you are new to growing, it might be a good idea to start flower and keep things smaller and more manageable.

If you want more weight at the end, veg longer. Just depends on what you are going for. Bigger plants require more maintenance and understanding of proper feeding.

Here are some pictures of my first grow. The first photo is when i was flipping to flower, and then the resulting plants and sizes.

473CD058 9D44 45BC 9F17 BC2F082D232F
3520C712 3637 42FB A0E3 EBA40FE4E681
F2B86A51 CCB3 405F B880 2D18C0D5C623
0A4C6A7C FBFD 4519 8A64 5563B4483CE7
H

Hondman441

You can flip them to flower now if you want to. Most strains will double or triple in height after you flip, so keep that in mind.

I’ve flipped plants to flower at that height, and they come out nice. Since you are new to growing, it might be a good idea to start flower and keep things smaller and more manageable.

If you want more weight at the end, veg longer. Just depends on what you are going for. Bigger plants require more maintenance and understanding of proper feeding.

Here are some pictures of my first grow. The first photo is when i was flipping to flower, and then the resulting plants and sizes.

Wow man thanks for the help and this was by far the best reply to any post I’ve had I really appreciate the reply! It’s been hard to get responses from anyone on here. So maybe I’ll go another week to see if I can get more height. They are bushy and healthy but short as hell?

H

Hondman441

Wow man thanks for the help and this was by far the best reply to any post I’ve had I really appreciate the reply! It’s been hard to get responses from anyone on here. So maybe I’ll go another week to see if I can get more height. They are bushy and healthy but short as hell?

How much weight did you get from those 3?

Perception

Perception

Gosh, it's hard to remember. I want to say around 120 grams?, but I'm really not sure. Maybe less. I've been growing for 2 years now, and I've really just been focusing on getting my operation dialed in, and not on weight. It's just for me, so I don't usually weigh.

The total weight definitely COULD have been higher though if I had let them veg longer. I'm to the point now though were I'd rather manage smaller plants. Shit just gets crazy when your tent is overflowing, and you're maxed out on your light height. I get tired of crawling on the floor to water plants in the back, or removing plants to access plants in the back. You'll be surprised at how much they shoot up and expand after you flip to flower.

I plan to work on maximizing yields after I feel like I've gotten my growing technique really dialed in.

H

Hondman441

Gosh, it's hard to remember. I want to say around 120 grams?, but I'm really not sure. Maybe less. I've been growing for 2 years now, and I've really just been focusing on getting my operation dialed in, and not on weight. It's just for me, so I don't usually weigh.

The total weight definitely COULD have been higher though if I had let them veg longer. I'm to the point now though were I'd rather manage smaller plants. Shit just gets crazy when your tent is overflowing, and you're maxed out on your light height. I get tired of crawling on the floor to water plants in the back, or removing plants to access plants in the back. You'll be surprised at how much they shoot up and expand after you flip to flower.

I plan to work on maximizing yields after I feel like I've gotten my growing technique really dialed in.

Wow I never would have guessed that much...I’m only doing it as a hobby and for a few family members. I’ve got 7 total plants...2 og Kush 3 White Widow and 2 Blue Dream all 1 month old and all topped 2 weeks ago and healthy. I guess I’ll veg for 2 more weeks and hope they get a bit larger. I’ve onky got 1 Vivosun 400 HPS and 1 1,000 watt king led which I know is over rated on watts. You think I need more light to get decent yields from 7 plants? If so I can order another light ASAP before flipping.

H

Hondman441

Also I changed the bulb from Mh to HPS thinking I was flipping now I’m waiting should I switch back the bulb till the actual flip day?? Sorry for all the questions I’m just afraid of making that huge mistake

Perception

Perception

Wow I never would have guessed that much...I’m only doing it as a hobby and for a few family members. I’ve got 7 total plants...2 og Kush 3 White Widow and 2 Blue Dream all 1 month old and all topped 2 weeks ago and healthy. I guess I’ll veg for 2 more weeks and hope they get a bit larger. I’ve onky got 1 Vivosun 400 HPS and 1 1,000 watt king led which I know is over rated on watts. You think I need more light to get decent yields from 7 plants? If so I can order another light ASAP before flipping.

I don’t think you need more lights (for now, haha. You’ll want to expand in future). I use a single LEC315 which is probably equivalent to or a little more powerful than your 400HPS, and I’ve gotten much more out of my tent than the pictures above. Not sure on your question about the bulbs and swapping.

H

Hondman441

I don’t think you need more lights (for now, haha. You’ll want to expand in future). I use a single LEC315 which is probably equivalent to or a little more powerful than your 400HPS, and I’ve gotten much more out of my tent than the pictures above. Not sure on your question about the bulbs and swapping.

Hey man I wanted to show an update and get any advice if that’s cool

154D6C86 E6FD 4659 AFE4 4A6C8EDAF45E
B1A4C88C 21DF 42CF 8AC4 26B232447532
Top Bottom