Ready For Flower?

• Thread starter Hondman441
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

Also I changed the bulb from Mh to HPS thinking I was flipping now I’m waiting should I switch back the bulb till the actual flip day?? Sorry for all the questions I’m just afraid of making that huge mistake
Don’t keep flipping light around. If there was no negative signs when switched don’t give it another chance. Sometimes changes in light will really stall things. If they like the hps and your close to flowering don’t change back. Raising lights will cause them to reach a little. Also when you flip they will stretch. I’ve only seen little under twice size during stretch but some strains can stretch 2+ times size once flowering is triggered. I’m new to this all too but basics are closer light will keep shorter bushier plants. If they are saturated in light there’s no reason to stretch for the light. Stalling height. But having that much light is a good thing during flower. You’ll see. That king 1000 is probably all you’ll need. But if you can keep the hps in there run em both in flower. Also if you’re running a net keep up on trimming under the net. Not toooo much at one time but nothing below the net will be top shelf. So why waste the energy on small loose buds. Send all that energy to your tops. Overall looking pretty good in my opinion. The real fun about to begin for you.

H

Hondman441

Don’t keep flipping light around. If there was no negative signs when switched don’t give it another chance. Sometimes changes in light will really stall things. If they like the hps and your close to flowering don’t change back. Raising lights will cause them to reach a little. Also when you flip they will stretch. I’ve only seen little under twice size during stretch but some strains can stretch 2+ times size once flowering is triggered. I’m new to this all too but basics are closer light will keep shorter bushier plants. If they are saturated in light there’s no reason to stretch for the light. Stalling height. But having that much light is a good thing during flower. You’ll see. That king 1000 is probably all you’ll need. But if you can keep the hps in there run em both in flower. Also if you’re running a net keep up on trimming under the net. Not toooo much at one time but nothing below the net will be top shelf. So why waste the energy on small loose buds. Send all that energy to your tops. Overall looking pretty good in my opinion. The real fun about to begin for you.

Ok when you say trim are you saying everything or just fan leaves? The are about 2 weeks into flower today..the kind led is great but the footprint won’t cover the 4x4 unless 4’ high and everything stretched so I added the other light long time ago

H

Hondman441

I really appreciate the advice its so hard to get anyone on here or the other site I use to respond at all. Maybe I’m posting wrong or people don’t like newbies lmao.

Monster762

Monster762

Ok when you say trim are you saying everything or just fan leaves? The are about 2 weeks into flower today..the kind led is great but the footprint won’t cover the 4x4 unless 4’ high and everything stretched so I added the other light long time ago
Trim everything under net. If a site is borderline at the net maybe leave it but all the really low stuff. Branches n all. But don’t do a heavy cutting at one time. Just look at it all under there. Anything that you don’t think will get through the net is going to be starved of light. It’s going to take energy trying to grow and at the end will be scraggly bud. Everything above the net will should be spread already to where it will all get good solid light. People say get rid of everything under the net I just caution doing it at one time cause the stress on the plant.

Monster762

Monster762

I really appreciate the advice its so hard to get anyone on here or the other site I use to respond at all. Maybe I’m posting wrong or people don’t like newbies lmao.
I’m kinda new too. I been blasted for talking too much because I’m new n honestly don’t know half the tricks but everyone learns somewhere. Here lots of googling and couple indoor runs all I got to speak from but here has been a pretty solid go to when I’ve been puzzled. Always can post specifics people will respond or can just use the search up in the top n type almost anything you want to know in there. I’ve got a lot of really good info from old old threads on here that way.

Perception

Perception

Yeah, it’s a little tough getting started. The key, in my opinion, is to try and give back as much as you take. For example: if you discover something that really helped you, and you think other beginners would benefit from it, make a post and share the info with the community. People on the forums see you as a friendly and helpful person, then they are more willing to give advice.

I’m on my 7th grow? Been at it for two years now. The truth is that the more educated I’ve become, the less time i spend on the forums. Although I like the community here and enjoy hanging out.

I’m one of those people who usually says, “I could do that! I can learn how to do that if i want to”!, but growing weed has really humbled me. It takes time and patience. So as long as you accept that, you’ll persevere. Your grow is looking great for first time!

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah def run both then. At 4 ft the led is probably losing most par value by the time it hits canopy.

H

Hondman441

Yeah, it’s a little tough getting started. The key, in my opinion, is to try and give back as much as you take. For example: if you discover something that really helped you, and you think other beginners would benefit from it, make a post and share the info with the community. People on the forums see you as a friendly and helpful person, then they are more willing to give advice.

I’m on my 7th grow? Been at it for two years now. The truth is that the more educated I’ve become, the less time i spend on the forums. Although I like the community here and enjoy hanging out.

I’m one of those people who usually says, “I could do that! I can learn how to do that if i want to”!, but growing weed has really humbled me. It takes time and patience. So as long as you accept that, you’ll persevere. Your grow is looking great for first time!

Wow thanks man great advise...I have found a few things that I would love to share with newbies I’ll make some post tonight and thanks man it’s been fun cause both my kids moved out so these girls are all I have and I love to talk they just haven’t started taking back yet...I’m hoping after harvest and sampling they will come out their shell ya know?? Lmao. Anyway I’ve only had a few yellow tips no yellow fans at all I’ve been using Fox Farm nutes since 2 weeks Into veg...I mix exactly as it says and ph everytime to get it right. I’ve had ample air flow and temps on the money the only worry I have is still running the humidifier during veg....could I shut it down till next grow?

Monster762

Monster762

Wow thanks man great advise...I have found a few things that I would love to share with newbies I’ll make some post tonight and thanks man it’s been fun cause both my kids moved out so these girls are all I have and I love to talk they just haven’t started taking back yet...I’m hoping after harvest and sampling they will come out their shell ya know?? Lmao. Anyway I’ve only had a few yellow tips no yellow fans at all I’ve been using Fox Farm nutes since 2 weeks Into veg...I mix exactly as it says and ph everytime to get it right. I’ve had ample air flow and temps on the money the only worry I have is still running the humidifier during veg....could I shut it down till next grow?
Oh they be singing to you soon. And you want a lower humidity in flower.

H

Hondman441

How can you tell where the buds will grow on the plant?

Look for the enternodes where the actual sex of the plant shows it will be a small bump with 2 white hairs popping out that’s the beginning of a bud

Top Bottom