Ready To Harvest? Need Some Advice Please. Trichome Pics.

• Thread starter Civicsi06
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Do you guys think it is time to harvest? This is an auto flower Amnesia Haze. Been flushing for 2 weeks.

Day 75....

pictures trichomes ready harvest

Last edited by a moderator:
gwheels

gwheels

It looks ready to me. But I am new at it. Nice amber spread with lots of milky. I think if you wait too long you will have trich degradation. But that is just MHO.

And well done amigo. That is some fine looking bud !!!

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

It looks ready to me. But I am new at it. Nice amber spread with lots of milky. I think if you wait too long you will have trich degradation. But that is just MHO.

And well done amigo. That is some fine looking bud !!!
Thanks bud I appreciate it! Yea I am new also...this is my first grow. I have been getting mixed responses on this question so hopefully some more people will give their input!

gwheels

gwheels

I really used to think this was mysterious. How people grow weed and make it good. But I have realized it is really just a few things. Plant it, love it and pay attention. And search the shit out of it. Ask for help when you need it and filter out the responses to the best case scenario to what you are after.

Sorry for getting more in depth but wow your bud looks great.

For me having bud forever for 17 bucks an ounce is pretty fucking awesome.

Having that bud be better than anything i ever paid 200 bucks an oz for is priceless.

Keep growing amigo and keep your stick on the ice (I am a canuck so that makes sense)\

:D

PS cure it right. Dry it right and it will be delicous. Dry it wrong and it will taste like hay. Look at the FAQ here and get it right. If you have any questions post them and you will get good advice. I went from 2 oz in a growbox to 10 OZ in a tent. And what i just grew is WAY better than what i grew a year ago.

THANK YOU THC FARMERS....This is where i learned to do it well.

P

popa thizzz

Looks good to me I'm new too but from my understanding u should harvest right after you're white hairs start to curl is wen they r considered most potent hope that helps

gwheels

gwheels

It is a matter of preference. Look for the plant to turn autumnal (looks like the leaves are changing colour) and look for the trichomes to change colour too. I personally never harvest until they are all milky but if you get 10 to 20% amber that shit is more devastating. And that is what I like. Some strains you have to go by the autumnal appearance. Regardless of this the pic shows some awesome amber development. To me that is ready to chop. Others will chime in but only a few will disagree. :)

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

It is a matter of preference. Look for the plant to turn autumnal (looks like the leaves are changing colour) and look for the trichomes to change colour too. I personally never harvest until they are all milky but if you get 10 to 20% amber that shit is more devastating. And that is what I like. Some strains you have to go by the autumnal appearance. Regardless of this the pic shows some awesome amber development. To me that is ready to chop. Others will chime in but only a few will disagree. :)
Thanks for the info! I have this exact same thread posted onto 2 other websites and so far 3 ppl said its ready and 1 person said its not ready.

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Do you recommend for the drying process to cut the branches and hang or to just hang the whole plant?

gwheels

gwheels

The last chop i did I hung them in branches. Save a bit of hook so you can put it on a rope. I left it like that for a week before I trimmed. And be careful with jarring it. I love those cheap humidity sensors you put in the jars (i use 1 quart/litre jars). If it is getting to 60% plus get it out of the jar and let it air dry a bit. Mold will ruin your crop. A little TLC will prevent it from ever happening. I hope this helps. It makes me feel GREAT to be helpful in this endeavor.

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

The last chop i did I hung them in branches. Save a bit of hook so you can put it on a rope. I left it like that for a week before I trimmed. And be careful with jarring it. I love those cheap humidity sensors you put in the jars (i use 1 quart/litre jars). If it is getting to 60% plus get it out of the jar and let it air dry a bit. Mold will ruin your crop. A little TLC will prevent it from ever happening. I hope this helps. It makes me feel GREAT to be helpful in this endeavor.
I really do appreciate all your advice! I have a thread on here that I still update on a regular basis for this grow if you are interested. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...-flower-grow-in-soil-everyone-chime-in.88232/

gwheels

gwheels

I am watching your post. I am no expert but I am learning by my mistakes.

I learned how to fix cars like that and I can do a cv shaft on a camry in 30 minutes now. The first one took 2 days :D

I look forward to any help I can provide. I am putting out 4 autos in orgranic soil and perlite mix (I have learned SO MUCH)

I will wait until I am going on vacation so when I come back they need food. Timing is everything.

And I might bend my arm to make it 3 autos and 1 jack herer just to see if it will finish in our climate.

PEACE....LOVE...AND GREAT GROWING VIBES AMIGO

Leew421

Leew421

I would harvest, looks ready. Cut and hang it whole. Should take 7 days at least of hanging. Make sure you have air moving and temps are as close to 70 as you can get.

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

After consideration from many replies on this forum and others, I have chosen to wait a little longer before harvest. I will post more pics within a week and see again. Thanks to everyone for the replies! Everyone has been really helpful so far!

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Ok so I decided it was time to harvest! I checked the trichomes again this morning and felt like it was that time! I took some pics and any advice would be appreciated for the drying stage. I have turned my exhaust fan to the lowest setting (using fan speed controller) and I turned off the 8 inch black fan and turned on the small 6 inch white fan on low setting and pointed it down. I left the 2 side opening flaps on the tent open. I will check to see what the temps do tonight and report tomorrow with the degrees and humidity.

Day 79 Harvest

79d
79da
79day
79days
79days01

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Ok so I decided it was time to harvest! I checked the trichomes again this morning and felt like it was that time! I took some pics and any advice would be appreciated for the drying stage. I have turned my exhaust fan to the lowest setting (using fan speed controller) and I turned off the 8 inch black fan and turned on the small 6 inch white fan on low setting and pointed it down. I left the 2 side opening flaps on the tent open. I will check to see what the temps do tonight and report tomorrow with the degrees and humidity.

Day 79 Harvest

View attachment 707480 View attachment 707481 View attachment 707482 View attachment 707483 View attachment 707484 View attachment 707485

Looks great well done

Latest posts

Top Bottom